d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Entertainment Room > Movies & TV Shows > Game Of Thrones Season 7 > Premier Date Announced
Prev18081828384126Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 23.00
Aug 20 2017 08:37am
Quote (WelSh @ Aug 20 2017 05:18am)
i will deny it, because i think they've been fantastic.

Episode 10 of season 6 is hands down my favorite episode of any show.

I don't understand the hate either lol.
Gold: 1,457.00
Aug 20 2017 08:37am
Are you all ready for tonight's episode? Everyone's pumped up?

oh... wait... fuck
Gold: 23.00
Aug 20 2017 08:43am
Quote (nuvo @ Aug 20 2017 10:37am)
Are you all ready for tonight's episode? Everyone's pumped up?

oh... wait... fuck

I'm still gonna watch it on HBO Now.

Gold: 63,142.89
Aug 20 2017 09:42am
Quote (Condemn @ Aug 20 2017 03:55am)
not sure why you're doing all these mental gymnastics just to preserve the shows quality in your mind, the fact is the show has suffered since running out of source material, and that is a shame

I fee like I am giving a real effort to read your posts and give constructive responses to your points. In contrast, I feel like you won't even bother to read my posts and instead you just reply by repeating your original point.

I'm the one who linked an article which presented arguments about why the show has gotten worse. I started out my previous post by saying that you would be right (if not for other factors).

Now I'm trying to move the discussion forward by looking at things from a better (broader) perspective

This post was edited by Kayeto on Aug 20 2017 09:47am
Gold: 10,025.00
Aug 20 2017 09:47am
Quote (chelsea11 @ Aug 20 2017 03:35am)
Blah is an idiot.
Goes on telling me fuck ratings and viewer count and box office results. Goes on to use them to his advantage in other discussions.

Probably as ugly as his attitude irl

Actually I said fuck the resources you use for ratings because you use supid ones (like rotten tomatoes, which you love to reference).

And viewer count for a weekly tv show is vastly different than box office numbers. In order to keep a high viewer count on a tv show (let alone consistently gain viewers every season) you have to make a great show. People are much pickier with something they watch weekly vs something they go see once a year. Look at agents of shield for example, all your little mcu friends tuned in for episode 1, 12 million viewers. Next episode 9, season ended at 6. Constantly dropping until they are struggling to pull in 2-3.

Plus you liking GoT proves that idiots can like good things. Idiots who cream over shit like MCU also liking good things doesn't negate the good things they like being good.

Quote (Kayeto @ Aug 20 2017 08:42am)
I fee like I am giving a real effort to read your posts and give constructive responses to your points. In contrast, I feel like you won't even bother to read my posts and instead you just reply by repeating your original point.

I'm the one who linked an article which presented arguments about why the show has gotten worse. I started out my previous post by saying that you would be right (if not for other factors).

Now I'm trying to move the discussion forward by looking at things from a better (broader) perspective

Translation
I'm the one who makes constructive posts. I mean I link articles! I don't need an opinion of my own! Why won't you read the articles I link on this private discussion forum!

FFS.

This post was edited by Blah58 on Aug 20 2017 09:50am
Aug 20 2017 09:55am
Quote (Blah58 @ Aug 20 2017 11:47am)
Actually I said fuck the resources you use for ratings because you use supid ones (like rotten tomatoes, which you love to reference).

And viewer count for a weekly tv show is vastly different than box office numbers. In order to keep a high viewer count on a tv show (let alone consistently gain viewers every season) you have to make a great show. People are much pickier with something they watch weekly vs something they go see once a year. Look at agents of shield for example, all your little mcu friends tuned in for episode 1, 12 million viewers. Next episode 9, season ended at 6. Constantly dropping until they are struggling to pull in 2-3.

Even though chelsea11 is a pure troll who is responsible for most of the worst posts in this forum, he is actually on the right side of this argument. I happen to think S7 has been amazing. Nonetheless, your attempt to use ratings as evidence for S7 being amazing is still misguided.

A shit show that panders to the lowest common denominator can get good ratings. They aren't a strong argument.

Quote (Blah58 @ Aug 20 2017 11:47am)
Translation

FFS.

My previous 2 posts in this thread (before that one you quoted) disprove the 'translation' you presented.

This post was edited by Kayeto on Aug 20 2017 10:01am
Gold: 583.69
Aug 20 2017 10:14am
Quote (Blah58 @ Aug 20 2017 03:47pm)

Plus you liking GoT proves that idiots can like good things. Idiots who cream over shit like MCU also liking good things doesn't negate the good things they like being good.

Translation

FFS.

People are not picky about what they watch from week to week. If that were true reality tv shows would have never became popular. The average person enjoys bullshit tv with bad writing.
Gold: 10,025.00
Aug 20 2017 10:27am
Quote (Kayeto @ Aug 20 2017 08:55am)
Even though chelsea11 is a pure troll who is responsible for most of the worst posts in this forum, he is actually on the right side of this argument. I happen to think S7 has been amazing. Nonetheless, your attempt to use ratings as evidence for S7 being amazing is still misguided.

A shit show that panders to the lowest common denominator can get good ratings. They aren't a strong argument.

Saying that because I don't think box office numbers are representative means tv viewership isn't representative is a logical fallacy. As I said, shows and movies are vastly different. Viewer count is a much better indicator of quality than box office numbers. Lowest common denominator works for movies because of the one and done mentality, it doesn't work as well for tv shows, which require a weekly pull. Obviously there are shows I think were great that didn't have enough pull and got cancelled, but those aren't important for our data, what we want to look at is long running shows. Once you get 50-70 episodes or more you have significant data points. And the data shows that tv shows that have low quality or a drop in quality see a steady decline of viewers, not an increase.

Quote (Kayeto @ Aug 20 2017 08:55am)
My previous 2 posts in this thread (before that one you quoted) disprove the 'translation' you presented.

None of the posts you ever made matter. What matters is the post I quoted in which you reference your own post providing a link instead of your own opinion.

Quote (Hacintosh @ Aug 20 2017 09:14am)
People are not picky about what they watch from week to week. If that were true reality tv shows would have never became popular. The average person enjoys bullshit tv with bad writing.

Comparing reality tv to written shows and using that as proof. People on JSP sure do love their logical fallacies.

This post was edited by Blah58 on Aug 20 2017 10:29am
Aug 20 2017 10:34am
Quote (Blah58 @ Aug 20 2017 12:27pm)
None of the posts you ever made matter. What matters is the post I quoted in which you reference your own post providing a link instead of your own opinion.

so you accuse me of saying:
I don't need an opinion of my own.

Then refuse to read my 2 previous posts (long posts in which I share my opinions). Therefore, you are supplying additional evidence to support the claim I made in post #814.

This post was edited by Kayeto on Aug 20 2017 10:35am
Gold: 583.69
Aug 20 2017 10:39am
Quote (Blah58 @ Aug 20 2017 04:27pm)
Saying that because I don't think box office numbers are representative means tv viewership isn't representative is a logical fallacy. As I said, shows and movies are vastly different. Viewer count is a much better indicator of quality than box office numbers. Lowest common denominator works for movies because of the one and done mentality, it doesn't work as well for tv shows, which require a weekly pull. Obviously there are shows I think were great that didn't have enough pull and got cancelled, but those aren't important for our data, what we want to look at is long running shows. Once you get 50-70 episodes or more you have significant data points. And the data shows that tv shows that have low quality or a drop in quality see a steady decline of viewers, not an increase.

Comparing reality tv to written shows and using that as proof. People on JSP sure do love their logical fallacies.

Reality tv are written shows. Are you seriously dumb enough to think they are real? Fucking hell no wonder everyone is slamming you so hard.
Go Back To Movies & TV Shows Topic List
Prev18081828384126Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll