d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Entertainment Room > Movies & TV Shows > Game Of Thrones Season 7 > Premier Date Announced
Prev17980818283126Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 0.80
Aug 20 2017 03:58am
Quote (Condemn @ Aug 20 2017 09:35am)
by that logic those marvel movies you love to bash really are among the best films of our generation

So you prefer explosions and cgi battles with white walkers and giant dragons more than brilliant dialogue, a fleshed out story and more compelling character development. That's fine too.

Haha come on, are you really comparing the last two seasons of game of thrones to the mcu movies? straw man arguments galore from you!

source material source material source material!

Anyway, i never mentioned i prefer the last two seasons i said they've been fantastic. How many battles/explosions/pew/pow moments have we seen in the last two seasons? Were there no battle scenes or cgi moments prior to seasons 6+7? you make it sound like that's all there has been of late!

The battle scenes with the white walkers and dragons etc we're seeing at the moment are essential and just the natural progression of the story.. what do you expect to happen? Like instead of showing us battles the producers should just show us a 'compelling diologue scene' between littlefinger and varys saying "there was a battle between dragons and an un-dead army" ooo tense dramatic build up conversations! Get a grip you pretentious moron.

There's been plenty of fantastic diologue still. It's just moving much faster.

This post was edited by WelSh on Aug 20 2017 04:05am
Gold: Locked
Aug 20 2017 04:35am
Quote (Condemn @ Aug 20 2017 05:35am)
by that logic those marvel movies you love to bash really are among the best films of our generation

So you prefer explosions and cgi battles with white walkers and giant dragons more than brilliant dialogue, a fleshed out story and more compelling character development. That's fine too.

Blah is an idiot.
Goes on telling me fuck ratings and viewer count and box office results. Goes on to use them to his advantage in other discussions.

Probably as ugly as his attitude irl
Gold: 1,281.69
Aug 20 2017 04:54am
Quote (chelsea11 @ Aug 20 2017 08:35pm)
Blah is an idiot.
Goes on telling me fuck ratings and viewer count and box office results. Goes on to use them to his advantage in other discussions.

Probably as ugly as his attitude irl

it seems a few people here are a bit lacking in self awareness :s
Aug 20 2017 05:17am
Quote (Condemn @ Aug 20 2017 10:54am)
it seems a few people here are a bit lacking in self awareness :s

ignores replies then chooses to agree with the village idiot to boost his epixelpenis
Aug 20 2017 06:11am
Quote (WelSh @ Aug 20 2017 09:17pm)
ignores replies then chooses to agree with the village idiot to boost his epixelpenis

You really want me to spell out why I'm not bothering to reply to you? okay..

You're an aggressive half wit who's way too emotionally involved in the discussion, you've insulted me constantly for not having the same opinion as you. You completely missed the point of my reply to blah (your "village idiot" didn't though, weird how that works), and on top of that you've accused me of strawmanning (okay? lol) while simultaneously lacking the self awareness to see that you've made a painfully blatant strawman argument in. the. very. same. post.

Just stop, log off, and reevaluate your approach to friendly discussion.

This post was edited by Condemn on Aug 20 2017 06:12am
Aug 20 2017 06:18am
Quote (Condemn @ Aug 20 2017 12:11pm)
You really want me to spell out why I'm not bothering to reply to you? okay..

You're an aggressive half wit who's way too emotionally involved in the discussion, you've insulted me constantly for not having the same opinion as you. You completely missed the point of my reply to blah (your "village idiot" didn't though, weird how that works), and on top of that you've accused me of strawmaning (okay? lol) while simultaneously lacking the self awareness to see that you've made a painfully blatant strawman argument in. the. very. same. post.

Just stop, log off and reevaluate your approach to friendly discussion.

I haven't constantly insulted you at all, i just have a different opinion to you which apparently makes me lack self awareness? I called you pretentious.. cos you have your opinion but won't discuss it further. If that hurt your feelings i'm sorry man.

i responded to your initial (as in you came at me bro) michael bay quip with a rational (not emotional) explanation of why i still think the show is fantastic. You can't give examples of why it's not, without blaming source material. You haven't addressed any points i've tried to make.. like if you did i'd think fair enough, i respect this guy's opinion even though it's different from mine. But you haven't, so i don't.

Read our conversation before tellingg me to log off and reevaluate my life etc..

This post was edited by WelSh on Aug 20 2017 06:20am
Aug 20 2017 06:38am
Quote (WelSh @ Aug 20 2017 10:18pm)
I haven't constantly insulted you at all, i just have a different opinion to you which apparently makes me lack self awareness? I called you pretentious.. cos you have your opinion but won't discuss it further. If that hurt your feelings i'm sorry man.

i responded to your initial (as in you came at me bro) michael bay quip with a rational (not emotional) explanation of why i still think the show is fantastic. You can't give examples of why it's not, without blaming source material. You haven't addressed any points i've tried to make.. like if you did i'd think fair enough, i respect this guy's opinion even though it's different from mine. But you haven't, so i don't.

Read our conversation before tellingg me to log off and reevaluate my life etc..

Attacking me and saying source material over and over like it means something isn't hurting anyone's feelings, just making you look like a child who's not worth replying to

I've stated before and even given examples of the decline in quality of the dialogue, this clearly coincides with the writers running out of source material to work with so I don't get why you think me pointing that out is simply "blaming the source material" (??wut). With the deadlines and limited show space they now have, It goes without saying that the story is rushed and not as well fleshed out at this point, it's very noticable. It doesn't matter that there is a valid excuse for these things, it's still an unfortunate decline in quality. The only plus side to these new seasons is that implortant plot lines are coming to maturity and that the cgi is top notch.

This post was edited by Condemn on Aug 20 2017 06:42am
Aug 20 2017 06:53am
Quote (Condemn @ Aug 20 2017 12:38pm)
Attacking me and saying source material over and over like it means something isn't hurting anyone's feelings, just making you look like a child who's not worth replying to

I've stated before and even given examples of the decline in quality of the dialogue, this clearly coincides with the writers running out of source material to work with so I don't get why you think me pointing that out is simply "blaming the source material" (??wut). With the deadlines they now have, It goes without saying that the story is rushed and not as well fleshed out at this point, it's very noticable. It doesn't matter that there is a valid excuse for these things, it's still an unfortunate decline in quality.

i only went on the offensive because of your obvious attempt of belittling me with the cgi/explosions vs careful character development quip. I still think the show is fantastic but that doesn't mean i prefer one to the other.

I also think you're overstating the decline in diologue quality while ignoring the fact that the show has always had battles and cgi.moments.
Gold: Locked
Aug 20 2017 07:05am
Quote (WelSh @ Aug 20 2017 08:53am)
i only went on the offensive because of your obvious attempt of belittling me with the cgi/explosions vs careful character development quip. I still think the show is fantastic but that doesn't mean i prefer one to the other.

I also think you're overstating the decline in diologue quality while ignoring the fact that the show has always had battles and cgi.moments.

Shouldn't you be watching Newcastle? :huh:
Aug 20 2017 07:17am
Quote (chelsea11 @ Aug 20 2017 01:05pm)
Shouldn't you be watching Newcastle? :huh:

i'm watching - we're awful.
Go Back To Movies & TV Shows Topic List
Prev17980818283126Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll