d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Diablo II > Diablo 2 Discussion > Strategy & Guides > Tel3zon Guide By Gel87 > Cs, Bolt, Ga, Fury, Plague And Teleport
Prev12
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 22,189.49
Dec 7 2016 03:57pm
theres a lot of reading on the trizon in the ancient thread here
basically, the difference in builds here (besides ladder gear vs hybrids/bugged) is the balance of poison vs lightning and bothering to keep a set of 6/40's and 20/20 shield around. I'd just go with a very standard build that never swaps out the rare javas, stormshield or griffons, but clearly the storm isn't necessary in some caster matchups where a phoenix might be more practical for extra fury damage. Otherwise, you went for 20 points poison 80 lightning, I go for 40 poison 60 lightning.

Now for poison vs lightning, I think in general people are going to inevitably get poisoned in duels, its totally unavoidable for low range builds whereas casters just randomly stumble into invisi plagues on random teleports. And once people are poisoned, they're on that clock. A 35k poison is quite a drop from an 80k poison, whereas an 8k CS would drop to 6.3k by losing 19 points synergy. Lightning is after all gonig to be basically useless when enemies put on a tgods and wisp: You might slowly drain a legit absorb char, but your hits won't FHR them, won't chunk them down fast enough to man up, and would it really be that big of an upgrade?

The difference between 8k and 6.3k cs is 4k average and 3.15k average per bolt, so to give you how much damage that deals after reductions vs various setups:
(12 bolts on both setups, since that stays the same regardless of synergy)
Per Bolt: 4000 damage /// 3150 damage
  • 75% resist / no absorb: 170 HP /// 134 HP
  • 85% resist / +20 absorb: 62 HP /// 40 HP
  • 85% resist / 20% and +20 absorb: 21 HP /// 8 HP
  • 85% resist / 40% and +20 absorb: -20 HP /// -20 HP

If someone's gonna slap on the 2x wisp + tgods, neither will do anything, if someone has tgods alone, its +50% damage but you're still chunking them down for not very much per hit, if only 6 bolts connect thats 372 hp vs 240, and once wisp + tgods is on, both are some truly shit damage output, 120 a pop isn't going to affect anyone other than an ES sorc.
I'd say its worth more to max out your poison than to get 20 points more synergies for CS.

also you can see why bolt has the same problem vs fury. Fury is clearly the go-to against minion stacks, but against tgods fury is better if the enemy isn't max block, but when they're max block and no tgods bolt is probably better damage output, if they're tgods and mb? Its murkier. If you do sacrifice some CS synergies by not maxing power strike, then fury is better since you're not losing any physical damage, while bolt loses a significant chunk, so I don't know how the balance works there

also skipping pierce is kind of criminal. Valk is debatable for sure, slow missiles is nice to have in bm duels, decoy and valk are only arguably worth the points for having meatwall options, but without pierce you lack the ability to blow up druid summons or hit through golems / shadow masters, and for 2 skill points thats a real loss.

This post was edited by Goomshill on Dec 7 2016 04:01pm
Gold: 461.40
Dec 7 2016 08:52pm
Lmk game i sodomize her~
Gold: 1,110.00
Dec 8 2016 12:22am
Quote (Goomshill @ Dec 7 2016 09:57pm)
theres a lot of reading on the trizon in the ancient thread here
basically, the difference in builds here (besides ladder gear vs hybrids/bugged) is the balance of poison vs lightning and bothering to keep a set of 6/40's and 20/20 shield around. I'd just go with a very standard build that never swaps out the rare javas, stormshield or griffons, but clearly the storm isn't necessary in some caster matchups where a phoenix might be more practical for extra fury damage. Otherwise, you went for 20 points poison 80 lightning, I go for 40 poison 60 lightning.

Now for poison vs lightning, I think in general people are going to inevitably get poisoned in duels, its totally unavoidable for low range builds whereas casters just randomly stumble into invisi plagues on random teleports. And once people are poisoned, they're on that clock. A 35k poison is quite a drop from an 80k poison, whereas an 8k CS would drop to 6.3k by losing 19 points synergy. Lightning is after all gonig to be basically useless when enemies put on a tgods and wisp: You might slowly drain a legit absorb char, but your hits won't FHR them, won't chunk them down fast enough to man up, and would it really be that big of an upgrade?

The difference between 8k and 6.3k cs is 4k average and 3.15k average per bolt, so to give you how much damage that deals after reductions vs various setups:
(12 bolts on both setups, since that stays the same regardless of synergy)
Per Bolt: 4000 damage /// 3150 damage
  • 75% resist / no absorb: 170 HP /// 134 HP
  • 85% resist / +20 absorb: 62 HP /// 40 HP
  • 85% resist / 20% and +20 absorb: 21 HP /// 8 HP
  • 85% resist / 40% and +20 absorb: -20 HP /// -20 HP

If someone's gonna slap on the 2x wisp + tgods, neither will do anything, if someone has tgods alone, its +50% damage but you're still chunking them down for not very much per hit, if only 6 bolts connect thats 372 hp vs 240, and once wisp + tgods is on, both are some truly shit damage output, 120 a pop isn't going to affect anyone other than an ES sorc.
I'd say its worth more to max out your poison than to get 20 points more synergies for CS.

also you can see why bolt has the same problem vs fury. Fury is clearly the go-to against minion stacks, but against tgods fury is better if the enemy isn't max block, but when they're max block and no tgods bolt is probably better damage output, if they're tgods and mb? Its murkier. If you do sacrifice some CS synergies by not maxing power strike, then fury is better since you're not losing any physical damage, while bolt loses a significant chunk, so I don't know how the balance works there

also skipping pierce is kind of criminal. Valk is debatable for sure, slow missiles is nice to have in bm duels, decoy and valk are only arguably worth the points for having meatwall options, but without pierce you lack the ability to blow up druid summons or hit through golems / shadow masters, and for 2 skill points thats a real loss.

I get What ur saying, the psn boost up rather rapidly with skills. Its buildt to actually kill gm abs chars, either with tg or wisp +5%max.
And then the dmg is very noticible. People on Eu rarely use bm tg+wisp, because of str req since bb add 15str. And when if They cut bb They often end up with Low dr and even block. They loose 1skill, 15str, 25dex and even 20% res which Also makes them more vulnerable vs jmod/griffon.

The light boost help a lot vs sosos and necs, which can be a hard match, espesially nec. It Also helps a lot vs gm absers. With 39k psn it brings most chars to 1 life anyway, although many palas need 2, but u strike with other attacks meanwhile ofc to bring them down faster :-) ofc cs rapes many types of chars even when they abs.

And i always liked to play java which is fun :-)

With that beeing said, people are free to put whatever skilling they want, i had 95k psn, 4-5k cs before, but i found necs to be to hard setup then. 105k psn is possible on usefull setup.

I dont wanna waste skills on Slow missle and valk. I got meatshield via wisp which is always on my char, and If i where to bm with slow missle, then i get to fight bm abs.

This post was edited by gel87 on Dec 8 2016 12:26am
Dec 9 2016 12:20pm
Bump xD
Gold: 4,396.10
Dec 9 2016 05:59pm
Cl and bb psn

Regars LaChica
Dec 14 2016 03:56pm
A little info guys, mine now run with a regular faith mb, for max ias on bowside and more dps.
But for inbetweners im not sure if better, but its fun and nice ias :D More stun when shooting ofc.
Dec 23 2016 12:02pm
Bump
Gold: 0.83
Dec 23 2016 03:59pm
Good topic.
Go Back To Strategy & Guides Topic List
Prev12
Add Reply New Topic New Poll