d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate > The Duffington Post > Bringing You Real News
Prev1296297298299300528Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 17,384.69
Jun 6 2019 08:29pm

(sounds craps so i put it here, dont ask me)

This post was edited by Saucisson6000 on Jun 6 2019 08:30pm
Gold: 0.00
Jun 7 2019 04:04am
Guess this belongs here - https://www.huffpost.com/entry/women-arent-the-only-people-who-get-abortions_n_5cf55540e4b0e346ce8286d3

That weird moment when right-wing bible-thumpers and super woke leftists agree to disagree with science lol.

Comment from the article, but I think it's worth repeating:

"So I guess the question is when is a transgender man actually a "man"? Is it after treatment and surgery or upon initial announcement? If it's the latter, why even transition?"

This post was edited by CarsV on Jun 7 2019 04:09am
Gold: 500.00
Jun 7 2019 05:12am
Quote (CarsV @ Jun 7 2019 05:04am)
Guess this belongs here - https://www.huffpost.com/entry/women-arent-the-only-people-who-get-abortions_n_5cf55540e4b0e346ce8286d3

That weird moment when right-wing bible-thumpers and super woke leftists agree to disagree with science lol.

Comment from the article, but I think it's worth repeating:

"So I guess the question is when is a transgender man actually a "man"? Is it after treatment and surgery or upon initial announcement? If it's the latter, why even transition?"

Gives a whole new meaning to "i think, therefore i am"
Gold: 10,655.00
Jun 7 2019 07:07am
Quote (duffman316 @ Jun 7 2019 07:12am)
Gives a whole new meaning to "i think, therefore i am"

Nice one. :)
Gold: 57.00
Jun 7 2019 07:32am

Lmfao!!!!
Gold: 0.00
Jun 7 2019 09:54am
Quote (excellence @ Jun 7 2019 01:32pm)

This seemed too blatant to be real, so I tried searching for it. Nothing.
Gold: 28,296.69
Jun 7 2019 10:04am

The U.S. Air Force has granted a first-of-its-kind religious accommodation to a Sikh airman. Harpreetinder Singh Bajwa will be allowed to keep his traditional beard and long hair and wear a turban during active duty — allowing him to practice his faith.

"I'm overjoyed that the Air Force has granted my religious accommodation," Bajwa said in the Air Force's press release, obtained by the Air Force Times. "Today, I feel that my country has embraced my Sikh heritage, and I will be forever grateful for this opportunity."

Bajwa, a crew chief at McChord Air Force Base near Seattle, is the first active duty airman allowed to practice Sikh religious grooming and dress traditions during his service.

The ACLU called the religious accommodation a "milestone" that was made possible by their lawsuit, filed in 2015. "Even though Sikhs have long served in the armed forces of some of our closest allies — including Canada, Great Britain, and India — opportunities in the United States military today have been uneven at best," the ACLU said in a statement on its website.

The decision dispels the myth that grooming and uniform accommodations could cause harm or impede the military's ability to achieve its mission, the ACLU said.

The Air Force made changes to its hair and dress code last year, adding locs, a type of hairstyle worn by many black women, to a list of other authorized female hairstyles, according to the Air Force Times. The revised regulations also allowed male airmen to wear earrings, but only while off-duty and in civilian attire.

Bajwa's beard and turban, however, are not accessories, but rather religious practices. In 2018, the ACLU fought a similar case, in which their female client became the first Air Force officer authorized to wear a hijab during her training and service.

The ACLU says it is now time for other branches of the military to follow suit. "No American should have to choose between following her faith and serving her country, whether as a soldier or airman, or as a sailor, Marine, or Coast Guardsman," the ACLU says. "The members of our armed forces put their bodies on the line to defend the ideals of liberty and equality upon which this country was founded — now it's up to the government to live up to those same ideals."

CBS News has reached out to the Air Force for comment and is awaiting response.

Wulf reporting was able to get an exclusive first reaction from Ghot of this new development

Gold: 633.87
Jun 7 2019 10:39am
Quote (Beowulf @ Jun 7 2019 11:04am)
https://i.imgur.com/sthzOH0.jpg

Wulf reporting was able to get an exclusive first reaction from Ghot of this new development

https://media.giphy.com/media/XCxgvkof8YkwZPYM03/giphy.gif

For Sikhs this is a no brainer.
Gold: 28,296.69
Jun 8 2019 07:43am

So my friend Jamey texted me this photo. Looks pretty innocent at first, right? But when you learn that he and his sister are African American, the photo turns instantly chilling. This was hung in a tree in her front yard in suburban Los Angeles, to be found by her seventeen year-old daughter. When the police were called they said, essentially, “what’s the big deal?” Yolanda lost it. What’s the big deal? Well, officer, the noose is the symbol of lynching which was used to hang thousands of African Americans, especially by the Klan. Granted, this is a pretty lame noose. Might have been made by some local kids or something. Who knows. But the fact is it is as strong a symbol of racial hatred, violence and oppression as a Swastika. Many folks are in denial about the extent to which racism exists in our country in 2019. Just ask a Black Person. They will tell you stories. Jamey told me today that last year, while playing golf, he was looking for his ball in the brush and a white guy who wanted to play through called out “Hey, you can hurry up, we don’t have you picking cotton anymore!” Not sure if he was trying to be funny or not but literally Jamey’s great grandfather was an ACTUAL SLAVE on a plantation and was regularly beaten there. That’s not that long ago. Great grandfather. And, perhaps, a relative or two of Jamey’s were lynched. Or saw a lynching. Or heard of a lynching. And now, his niece gets to be reminded of what hate looks like. Right in her own front yard in suburban LA.

I think I know who put it there
Gold: 2,617.52
Jun 8 2019 02:38pm
Quote (CarsV @ Jun 7 2019 10:54am)
This seemed too blatant to be real, so I tried searching for it. Nothing.

Its either fake or vox memory holed it

Sad that we even have to ask in this glorious age of technology
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev1296297298299300528Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll