d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Sports Coliseum > Hockey > New! Official Off-topic Off-hockey Thread
Prev1229822992300230123022971Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 345.69
May 30 2020 09:52am
Quote (Killingyouall @ 29 May 2020 16:14)
Buffet got out of all Airline/Cruise stocks if I recall correctly stating that those businesses had changed forever.

Personally I am staying away from there. I think in the next couple of years you are going to see lots of consolidation and bankruptcies in those sectors.

Huge potential to make it big but you could lose it all as well... Not my investing personality. I want to keep what little nerves I have left lol. That being said if you are gutsy and can afford to lose maybe it's not a bad idea to take a swing.

With air Canada you have to keep in mind that it was trading at ~ $-2-3 dollars a share for years...... However look how it recovered. At this price point though I still think it is considerably overvalued.

Yes he sold stock, (all American carriers) crashed prices and there’s money to be made at some point. But that news is months old and now irrelevant as markets have already adjusted to that long ago.

Hence why I am watching this. Air travel will not die, there’s no other reasonable way to carry travellers as efficiently.

The way through it is to find ‘essential’ businesses imo. The loss of AC would be catastrophic to an already assaulted Canadian economy, whether someone buys at $10-15 or $4 I can see both parties making money, anyone buying at $15 only needs to buy more and average down when it goes lower. I just don’t see AC closing it’s doors.

My insurance went down more this year, however property taxes went up $32 or 15%.
Gold: 698.00
May 30 2020 10:27am
Quote (dragoneth @ May 29 2020 10:14pm)
meanwhile in canada were banning a bunch of guns

Which will have no effect on any shootings.

Turning law biding individuals into criminals overnight.

This post was edited by Subzer0isGG on May 30 2020 10:27am
Gold: 17,801.00
May 30 2020 01:16pm
Quote (Subzer0isGG @ May 30 2020 09:27am)
Which will have no effect on any shootings.

Turning law biding individuals into criminals overnight.

Nobody remembers the long gun registry I guess....

Spending hundreds of millions to buy back guns from those who purchased them legally.

Those in charge must be drinking lead paint.
Gold: 10,995.01
May 30 2020 01:25pm
space x just launched people to space first time i think

This post was edited by dragoneth on May 30 2020 01:25pm
Gold: 2,647.74
May 30 2020 01:27pm
Quote (Killingyouall @ May 30 2020 12:16pm)
Nobody remembers the long gun registry I guess....

Spending hundreds of millions to buy back guns from those who purchased them legally.

Those in charge must be drinking lead paint.

Just politics. The gun ban is popular, doesn't matter if its bad policy.

Looks worse by the day, given more and more details coming out of the RCMP's incompetence during the Nova Scotia shootings... The same organization with regulatory power over guns.
Gold: 4,000.00
May 30 2020 01:54pm
Quote (Killingyouall @ May 29 2020 04:21pm)
I got absolutely bootfucked by ICBC today.

Insurance went from $218 a month to $370 a month, which was after I reduced liability coverage. Would have been over $400.....

13 years driving. One at fault accident last year that I still don't feel I was responsible for in a lot of ways; however fault % does not matter as anything above 20% still raises your rates just the same.

previously 10 years of safe driving with no criminal convictions or at fault accidents would net you a free claim with no penalizations. Recently that has been bumped up to 20 years.

Furthermore claims history currently only goes back three years so it appears as though I had one accident in three years, not thirteen. Furthermore to that, for insurance purposes time with an 'L' or 'N' no longer counts towards years of safe driving either.

Thus I am being billed like an inexperienced 16 year old who is going to drive like a reckless maniac. Good times. Just got a small raise at work and now it is pretty welll gone due to that shit.

ICBC has to go.

Oof, ICBC is one of the worst things about living in BC. I pay the same as you per month for 2 drivers, 2 cars, AND home insurance.

Quote (Hizkuntza @ May 30 2020 01:27am)
Moving to Victoria is what made me feel hopeless about sustainability tbh. I made the comment earlier about the city's ego and it's at its worse when it comes to that topic. Funny how it links to some of my complaints about the city.

The BC Green base aren't the people trying to live low-footprint lifestyles. It's the suburbanites living in grossly oversized properties or 55+ condos who think - or lie to others about their beliefs - that keeping the wheels of time from turning equals environmentalism. At its core it's just NIMBYism dressed in a way that's palatable for BC politics, no different from a "fuck you I got mine" mentality. They don't give a shit about density, transit, affordability, consumerism, vegetarianism or just about anything that needs to be done to slow the rate at which we're destroying the planet for ourselves. It's about gobbling up as much land and resources for themselves, and showing their fangs whenever *gasp* other people dare live and do things near them.

Unfortunately anywhere that becomes valuable from an investment perspective gets "ruined" so to speak. The Gulf Islands, from a living perspective, are largely retirement communities. The Sunshine Coast is the same shit nowadays. Even the Cowichan Valley and Nanaimo areas are getting into "entry level investment" territory. Realistically, you'd be looking at a mill or mining town to come anywhere close to the experience you're looking for. Not many of those left in the BC coast nowadays, though. Makes you think about those Prince George ads on Translink vehicles...

I've lived in Oak Bay and James Bay. Nice city, but the fake British accents drive me nuts. People flying Union Jacks on their house longing for the good ol' Colonial days. Prince Harry moving to town probably poured fuel on that fire.
May 30 2020 02:50pm
Quote (StayPositive @ May 30 2020 12:54pm)

I've lived in Oak Bay and James Bay. Nice city, but the fake British accents drive me nuts. People flying Union Jacks on their house longing for the good ol' Colonial days. Prince Harry moving to town probably poured fuel on that fire.

There are a lot of ANZUKs in Victoria, I can't say I've met someone trying to deliberately fake sounding British.
Gold: 4,000.00
May 30 2020 03:51pm
Quote (Hizkuntza @ May 30 2020 02:50pm)
There are a lot of ANZUKs in Victoria, I can't say I've met someone trying to deliberately fake sounding British.

It’s a subtle snobby oak bay thing they put on when it’s tea time at the Empress.
May 30 2020 04:01pm
Quote (StayPositive @ May 30 2020 02:51pm)
It’s a subtle snobby oak bay thing they put on when it’s tea time at the Empress.

I see, locals don't go to Oak Bay or the Empress to know.
May 30 2020 08:43pm
Not that I disagree with the fundamental premise of the protests in the US, but at this point I'm pretty sure it's been hijacked by bored people looking to release several months worth of pent up energy.
Go Back To Hockey Topic List
Prev1229822992300230123022971Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll