d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > d2jsp > Ladder Slasher > ++ New Events ++
Prev1207208209210211855Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Members++
Gold: 495,158.21
Trader: Trusted
Mar 8 2018 09:17pm
What I mean with all that is that ppl are still tarded, they are asking to make the game what it used to be and then they complain that we dont have shrine effects when it was WAY harder back then.
Lazyness was a bad choice of word, I'll give you that.

" Waiting in town is not engaging, and it's not fun."

I totally agree, and that is what we had to do back in the days, im just saying all this because ppl complain alot more now than what we did back then about regen. No1 was really bitching about it as much as now.

Some of the 20+ Mana Regen stuff sold for ~5k fg each back then (im just saying), I wouldnt complain if the stuff was valuable once more

This post was edited by RistVaLL on Mar 8 2018 09:20pm
Gold: 1,492.23
Mar 8 2018 10:01pm
Quote (RistVaLL @ Mar 8 2018 06:17pm)
What I mean with all that is that ppl are still tarded, they are asking to make the game what it used to be and then they complain that we dont have shrine effects when it was WAY harder back then.
Lazyness was a bad choice of word, I'll give you that.

" Waiting in town is not engaging, and it's not fun."

I totally agree, and that is what we had to do back in the days, im just saying all this because ppl complain alot more now than what we did back then about regen. No1 was really bitching about it as much as now.

Some of the 20+ Mana Regen stuff sold for ~5k fg each back then (im just saying), I wouldnt complain if the stuff was valuable once more

I think people just want changes to the game that would make it more fun and are looking to the past for things that worked.

I seriously do believe that (should this game receive any more development at all lol) regenning would need total reworking...I don't really see how this could be changed without either devaluing current regen gear or just making the game overall too easy.
Paraphrasing Mark Rosewater (head designer of MTG) players are excellent at finding and deciding what is a problem with your game but aren't very good at solving them. So I'm not going to pretend that I could come up with a good solution.

That said...maybe regen gear could instead or in addition to it's current function buff how much life/mana you receive from the shrine? like 10% shrine effectiveness for each point of life/mana regen on your gear? I don't know how balanced or feasible to implement that would be.
Members++
Mar 8 2018 10:07pm
Quote (Altrdwolf @ 9 Mar 2018 05:01)
I think people just want changes to the game that would make it more fun and are looking to the past for things that worked.

I seriously do believe that (should this game receive any more development at all lol) regenning would need total reworking...I don't really see how this could be changed without either devaluing current regen gear or just making the game overall too easy.
Paraphrasing Mark Rosewater (head designer of MTG) players are excellent at finding and deciding what is a problem with your game but aren't very good at solving them. So I'm not going to pretend that I could come up with a good solution.

That said...maybe regen gear could instead or in addition to it's current function buff how much life/mana you receive from the shrine? like 10% shrine effectiveness for each point of life/mana regen on your gear? I don't know how balanced or feasible to implement that would be.

I just feel that shrining a t1 item gives 25-50% mana/life back is completely retardedly easy, ppl didnt complain at all before the events started, maybe he should just remove the events instead since no1's ever happy.
This game have had ALOT of great idea's where to push this game, he simply dont care about others opinions or this game would have had alot more players by now.

I love what has happen to the game about speed of climbs and all that, but for what? More guild points? Loss of 400ppl and kept a regular playerbase of 20ppl.
Why would he even take time to fix something for so few ppl, he's stubborn as hell and wont ever fix something that he broke.

He wanted ppl to solo less and therefore he removed the arena, he wanted ppl to play more together and gave groups more and more advantages, and kept nerfing solo more and more.
Even so, SOLO has never been easier.

The ONLY thing that would bring ppl back into this game is gambling. There we have it, I said it again!

This post was edited by RistVaLL on Mar 8 2018 10:09pm
Gold: 22,516.02
Mar 8 2018 10:10pm
Quote (Altrdwolf @ Mar 9 2018 12:01am)

I love both you guys, but I don't think this part of the game needs a fix... and I'm a solo player :P If you are finding yourself needing to shrine or use regen gear, that means the game is actually challenging you, or at the very least, that improving your playstyle/gear/etc, can actually improve the quality of your gameplay. If you can continuously kill things without having to run out of life/mana in this game (kind of like what happens in whistle-1-71s), where is the challenge, and what do you need better gear for?

Quote (RistVaLL @ Mar 9 2018 12:07am)
The ONLY thing that would bring ppl back into this game is gambling. There we have it, I said it again!

I think that's just the easiest way to bring people back to the game. I actually think that the reason Paul hasn't implemented a lot of the suggestions is that they're just difficult to code. I'm pretty sure he would have done some of them now if he could :)

This post was edited by BWConformity on Mar 8 2018 10:13pm
Gold: 1,492.23
Mar 8 2018 10:11pm
Quote (RistVaLL @ Mar 8 2018 07:07pm)
I just feel that shrining a t1 item gives 25-50% mana/life back is completely retardedly easy, ppl didnt complain at all before the events started, maybe he should just remove the events instead since no1's ever happy.
This game have had ALOT of great idea's where to push this game, he simply dont care about others opinions or this game would have had alot more players by now.

I love what has happen to the game about speed of climbs and all that, but for what? More guild points? Loss of 400ppl and kept a regular playerbase of 20ppl.
Why would he even take time to fix something for so few ppl, he's stubborn as hell and wont ever fix something that he broke.

He wanted ppl to solo less and therefore he removed the arena, he wanted ppl to play more together and gave groups more and more advantages, and kept nerfing solo more and more.
Even so, SOLO has never been easier.

Well, now that we have found the only thing to bring ppl back to the game all we gotta do is figure out how to bring the only developer back to the game!
e:

Quote (BWConformity @ Mar 8 2018 07:10pm)
I love both you guys, but I don't think this part of the game needs a fix... and I'm a solo player :P If you are finding yourself needing to shrine or use regen gear, that means the game is actually challenging you, or at the very least, that improving your playstyle/gear/etc, can actually improve the quality of your gameplay. If you can continuously kill things without having to run out of life/mana in this game (kind of like what happens in whistle-1-71s), where is the challenge, and what do you need better gear for?

I don't see this point. As the game currently stands when you are solo, You town when you get low-life and then you regen, or you town when you get low-life and you shrine...
There is no difference here. Except one of these is simply a waste of your time.

Did you find the fights with monsters in Ocarina of Time challenging? If you analyze the gameplay you'll find the game's quite easy, the illusion of challenge comes from the timesink. It's not hard its just a waste of time.

If you want this game to be challenging you'd have to implement a way to actually make it challenging. As it stands clicking on a monster is never going to actually be hard unless it requires you to physically do something that requires a change in mechanics.
For example, monsters immune to certain elements force you to change your approach to that particular battle. This is something that could actually sort of count as a "Challenge"

This post was edited by Altrdwolf on Mar 8 2018 10:31pm
Members++
Mar 8 2018 10:13pm
Quote (Altrdwolf @ 9 Mar 2018 05:11)
Well, now that we have found the only thing to bring ppl back to the game all we gotta do is figure out how to bring the only developer back to the game!

We have figured out 1000s of things for him to do, he just wont.
He have no interest in doing anything. (Even events are fully random now, he dont have to log on at all lol)

The smallest of things we actually got response on was about being able to sell wellables "oh I didnt even know u guys wanted to, i will look into it" (was this 2 or 3 years ago now?)

This post was edited by RistVaLL on Mar 8 2018 10:13pm
Gold: 22,516.02
Mar 8 2018 10:15pm
Quote (RistVaLL @ Mar 9 2018 12:13am)
We have figured out 1000s of things for him to do, he just wont.
He have no interest in doing anything. (Even events are fully random now, he dont have to log on at all lol)

The smallest of things we actually got response on was about being able to sell wellables "oh I didnt even know u guys wanted to, i will look into it" (was this 2 or 3 years ago now?)

You really think he's not looking at what people request in this thread and then giving it to them? Pretty much every other event is extremely similar to something someone just requested prior :P

I actually think he kind of made that 89% monster difficulty event for me, because I requested monster difficulty trapdoors, but coding that I'm sure isn't super easy.

Quote (RistVaLL @ Mar 9 2018 12:16am)
Im sure he keeps track of the events itself one way or another, but looking at what ppl are suggesting for actual updates, nope, not the slightest!

He made slush's event right before that. Dan requested a couple events before that--seems like he granted those wishes too :P

This post was edited by BWConformity on Mar 8 2018 10:17pm
Members++
Mar 8 2018 10:16pm
Quote (BWConformity @ 9 Mar 2018 05:15)
You really think he's not looking at what people request in this thread and then giving it to them? Pretty much every other event is extremely similar to something someone just requested prior :P

Im sure he keeps track of the events itself one way or another, but looking at what ppl are suggesting for actual updates, nope, not the slightest!
Gold: 54,768.92
Warn: 30%
Mar 8 2018 10:27pm
Quote (RistVaLL @ Mar 9 2018 02:16am)

Time to test the theory

Paul... Please next event SUFFUSENCING XP X 30-40!!!!!
Members++
Mar 8 2018 10:28pm
Quote (Bob888 @ 9 Mar 2018 05:27)
Time to test the theory

Paul... Please next event SUFFUSENCING XP X 30-40!!!!!

If it randomly gets 52% we all know he wasnt watching!
Go Back To Ladder Slasher Topic List
Prev1207208209210211855Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll