d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > d2jsp > Ladder Slasher > ++ New Events ++
Prev1209210211212213852Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 0.19
Mar 9 2018 12:00am
:popcorn:

edit: the last event. i used 150x 600 life fish.

from lvl 50-71 to stop from having to town.

didnt get one good drop. and was a full explore climb.

only reason i did it was because i enjoy the game.

any newer player comming in. will not stay if this is the game to be.

This post was edited by slushslush on Mar 9 2018 12:03am
Members++
Gold: 505,061.21
Trader: Trusted
Mar 9 2018 12:01am
Quote (Altrdwolf @ 9 Mar 2018 06:50)
THIS IS EXACTLY MY POINT

I understand the need for regenning as it currently stands but its not engaging. As it is it feels like this game turns itself off and decides when you can and can't play.

Either remove the need to wait in town to regen or make it more engaging!
Currently the easiest way to do this is with shrine effectiveness, I guess it makes the game easy...but its actually interactive and a much better alternative than forcing me to stop playing the game so that I can...play the game.

I mean an easy fix for you to cut down your time in town would be to support all the fishers out there and start buy some fish or start fish on ur own ^^
Gold: 15,283.74
Mar 9 2018 12:05am
Quote (n1ghtm4r3 @ Mar 9 2018 01:56am)
Unique in what way? I played games like this in middle school
Idk and idc how Paul measure the success of his own game. It's his game and he can do whatever he feel with it :) But imo if i had something like this it would be more fun to see it grow and getting credits for your work.
Kinda like you are truly good at something ( f.e good at doing paintings but you only hang em at home and no1 can see them ) but can't show it to someone.
Not sure what you meant with your last sentence that paul doesn't ask for some fg as in return we get 55's with high EE? Not like this game is comparable with WoW or other games that are pay 2 win ( even thou several users had put alot of $$$ into this game buy buying FG to get those best in game items which some has become useless due to updates )

The most unique thing about this game is its persistence IMO. In how many of those games you played in middle school are you able to log onto your characters right now and pick up where you left off? :)
Members++
Mar 9 2018 12:07am
Quote (slushslush @ 9 Mar 2018 07:00)
:popcorn:

edit: the last event. i used 150x 600 life fish.

from lvl 50-71 to stop from having to town.

didnt get one good drop. and was a full explore climb.

only reason i did it was because i enjoy the game.

any newer player comming in. will not stay if this is the game to be.

The reason why you wont find good gear is because of the low chance of actually finding a good stat, and even harder finding a item with 2 stats that match/combine eachother.
Back in the day we had like 20-25 stats now it's like 40ish
Mar 9 2018 12:12am
Quote (RistVaLL @ Mar 9 2018 02:07am)
The reason why you wont find good gear is because of the low chance of actually finding a good stat, and even harder finding a item with 2 stats that match/combine eachother.
Back in the day we had like 20-25 stats now it's like 40ish

i understand this.

my point is. that the events with harder mobs have nothing to bring activity.

i have decent gear and had a hell of a time with it. i understand it was challenging and I personally enjoyed it.

but for all the new players who we see daily on the solo grind. it must have been hell and had ZERO rewards which inturn makes them just say screw this and dip.

i love the events they are super fun. but some of them are not noob friendly and just kill the activity of the game.
Members++
Mar 9 2018 12:17am
Quote (slushslush @ 9 Mar 2018 07:12)
i understand this.

my point is. that the events with harder mobs have nothing to bring activity.

i have decent gear and had a hell of a time with it. i understand it was challenging and I personally enjoyed it.

but for all the new players who we see daily on the solo grind. it must have been hell and had ZERO rewards which inturn makes them just say screw this and dip.

i love the events they are super fun. but some of them are not noob friendly and just kill the activity of the game.

That's pretty much how it was for me when i first started, the problem then was that i had to pay 4k fg for the 139ee mq sword i had
I killed 2 mobs and had to go to town and regen ( SPENDING WAY TOO MUCH TIME IN TOWN ) No pun intended... -_-
We've all struggled in this game, but all the newbies that started from the last 3-4 years dont know shit how much struggle it was back then.

Even if he made drops better, once everyone have gear, who is going to buy all the shit that we find? it will ruin the market. It has to be something else that get added that can increase the income/activity to make all the old players come back or another 100 newbies to start out.

This post was edited by RistVaLL on Mar 9 2018 12:19am
Gold: 121,971.40
Mar 9 2018 12:22am
sellable wellables

--> more challenging welling

--> more rewarding wells

people could buy wellables to gamble on higher lvls or just to farm nice profs on lower lvls. small changes that could have a big impact imo
Mar 9 2018 12:22am
Quote (RistVaLL @ Mar 9 2018 02:17am)
That's pretty much how it was for me when i first started, the problem then was that i had to pay 4k fg for the 139ee mq sword i had
I killed 2 mobs and had to go to town and regen ( SPENDING WAY TOO MUCH TIME IN TOWN ) No pun intended... -_-
We've all struggled in this game, but all the newbies that started from the last 3-4 years dont know shit how much struggle it was back then.

Even if he made drops better, once everyone have gear, who is going to buy all the shit that we find? it will ruin the market. It has to be something else that get added that can increase the income/activity to make all the old players come back or another 100 newbies to start out.

no one is disputing the fact that everyone has struggled.

what people are saying is. if you want people to struggle there has to be a reward.

there is no reward now. NONE. ZERO. the only reward in this game is for the people who allready have gear and get prof.

anyways i gunna go to bed.

love ya nic
Gold: 163,226.58
Mar 9 2018 12:30am
Quote (BWConformity @ 9 Mar 2018 07:05)
The most unique thing about this game is its persistence IMO. In how many of those games you played in middle school are you able to log onto your characters right now and pick up where you left off? :)

A couple of them. Actually googled one that i rememeber and it were all still there after almost 20 years xD
But that i couldn't have done with this game. Because several characters on LS got deleted after being inactive for like 2 years or something? Didn't really remember it. That's how i got my new character name Trance which im having on my main now.
Gold: 15,283.74
Mar 9 2018 12:32am
Quote (n1ghtm4r3 @ Mar 9 2018 02:30am)
A couple of them. Actually googled one that i rememeber and it were all still there after almost 20 years xD
But that i couldn't have done with this game. Because several characters on LS got deleted after being inactive for like 2 years or something? Didn't really remember it. That's how i got my new character name Trance which im having on my main now.

What's it called?
Go Back To Ladder Slasher Topic List
Prev1209210211212213852Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll