d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate > The Belief In Science Vs God
Prev1121314151620Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 9,765.00
Warn: 60%
Feb 5 2016 09:11pm
Quote (LazyDazy @ Feb 5 2016 08:16pm)
I have hopefulness that you guys will one day find peace and stop thinking that you are able to understand the full perspective - but give God a chance in your life. God is always there knocking at the door but I think a few actually tries to listen, because they think they are so smart that they have figured it all out without the need of God to be involved.

Take some time off to read the bible. Look at some of the prophecies. Reflect at the fact that they came truth about Jesus. Reflect about the coming of the end of times that we're a part of and how prophecies are taking place this day.

Look at the 4 blood moons that we are witnessing and how huge events involving the Jews has happened each time and we might see the next thing this Easter.
We might see Obama continuing as president because he either postpone the election or uses his Veto rights if he manages to make the people accept it. It could happen if there is to be a national crisis and he got the plan to fix it. And yes I might be crazy, but I find Obama to be a very shady person with a questionable past.

I read that his ancestry might even go back to Indonesia. And got his name certificate edited to leave out 'Soebarkah' in his after name. A practice common to a certain Muslim cult, the cult of Subud. And yes this is all very speculative etc... But when you put together the bricks and try to see it from a wide perspective it all makes some sort of sense. And especially if you bring prophecies into the picture about the end of times, the spirit of Antichrist etc.

We're even moving towards a system that tries to incorporate chips into our daily lives. the WHOLE world is waiting for the RFID chip or some physical mark to be enforced. THAT is the deception! Since Satan is the greatest deceiver of all time.

And his greatest lie is that he have made man believe that he doesn't even exist. We're all about of this deception and the world is only getting closer to a financial collapse and who knows what will happen next.

I know that most of you probably don't take the Wod of God in the bible literal - but try to acknowledge some of the prophecies. It's happening.

Anybody that talks about the RFID chip being the mark of the devil, or Obama being the anti-christ is living in crazy town and it's just complete fear mongering to get into your mind and control you. And talking about the end of the world apocalypse is just more fearful crap, because Life (mine or anyones) could end tomorrow or in 50 years and society could end tomorrow or never - really there is absolutely no point in worrying about it because there is absolutely nothing you can do to change it.
Gold: 175.00
Feb 5 2016 09:27pm
What is the reason you believe in this God instead of other gods? How you were raised? If you were born in Ancient Rome would you be posting on your stone tablet III saying that Ares told you to to declare war on your neighbouring island or something?

Science does lead to hope. Without science you wouldn't have modern medicines, your smart technology, any of the wonders of today. I'd rather have trust in modern science to cure cancer than to send random thoughts to the outside world to cure myself. I've never seen any kind of proof of miracles, any miracle, such as the nun with holes in her hands, has usually been debunked, as she ran a nail through her own palms.

It's things like that and getting told if I don't believe in my equivalent of Santa Claus I'm going to spend forever in a fiery hole in the ground, along with 'everything happens for his will,' when babies get murdered, etc, that causes me to be a free, logical, scientific thinker.

Is the Flying Spaghetti Monster real? No, but i could claim faith in it and it's got just as much proof as any other religion.
Gold: 285.00
Feb 5 2016 09:54pm
Quote (Thor123422 @ Feb 5 2016 08:44pm)
Those scientists don't have long careers outside of extreme cases. The ones you are describing are not the rule. Anybody who came to the opposite conclusion probably didn't have a long career in Nazi Germany.

Well the Americans did the same things to the German...ever see the posters during WW2 about the Hun invaders destroying democracy?

Or the Japs:

The Russians were animalized:

American slavery was justified through sciences of phrenology and physiognomy proving blacks were naturally slaves to whites.

The Greeks even claims that non-Greeks were less human than Greeks were...they were barbarians, not worthy of consideration. The Greeks often proved this through logic and induction.

What the Nazis were proving wasn't new or anything, turn humans into something less than humans so that they can be treated in a very bad way without much thought or consideration. We do it now. Look at the term "illegal alien", or instead of saying that 10,000 people killed in Vietnam in one day, a new overly-rational scientific term like "10 megadeaths" will be created to distance the people doing the actions from their actions.

Scientists are even worse now, they work around the clock to enable politicians to have the power to end all life on Earth in a political decision. The values they promote are anti-life. Even cloning is possible, which is an aberration.

Scientific racism still pops up in IQ science and in works like The Bell Curve, Battle Hymm of the Tiger Mother, and most recently The Troublesome Inheritance: Genes, Race, and Human History. All of this is rooted in the same ideology the Nazis were working under, which goes back to the old paradigm of philosophical essentialism. For some reason people keep going back to that....because natural law is so comfortable I guess.

This post was edited by Skinned on Feb 5 2016 10:22pm
Gold: 0.00
Feb 5 2016 10:04pm
tl dr
shoes vs feet discussion
Feb 5 2016 10:48pm
Quote (Skinned @ Feb 5 2016 10:54pm)
Well the Americans did the same things to the German...ever see the posters during WW2 about the Hun invaders destroying democracy?

http://www.learnnc.org/lp/media/uploads/2009/08/a-1038-100.jpg

Or the Japs:

http://www.ccis.edu/courses/HIST102mtmcinneshin1/week15/AntiJapanesePropagandaTakeDayOff.gif

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/236x/b4/09/b8/b409b85f2d1cc5092529b5732557b3ad.jpg

American slavery was justified through sciences of phrenology and physiognomy proving blacks were naturally slaves to whites.

The Greeks even claims that non-Greeks were less human than Greeks were...they were barbarians, not worthy of consideration. The Greeks often proved this through logic and induction.

What the Nazis were proving wasn't new or anything, turn humans into something less than humans so that they can be treated in a very bad way without much thought or consideration. We do it now. Look at the term "illegal alien", or instead of saying that 10,000 people killed in Vietnam in one day, a new overly-rational scientific term like "10 megadeaths" will be created to distance the people doing the actions from their actions.

Scientists are even worse now, they work around the clock to enable politicians to have the power to end all life on Earth in a political decision. The values they promote are anti-life. Even cloning is possible, which is an aberration.

Scientific racism still pops up in IQ science and in works like The Bell Curve, Battle Hymm of the Tiger Mother, and most recently The Troublesome Inheritance: Genes, Race, and Human History. All of this is rooted in the same ideology the Nazis were working under, which goes back to the old paradigm of philosophical essentialism. For some reason people keep going back to that....because natural law is so comfortable I guess.

Just some scientists who unwittingly(some willingly) have their work used for political purposes, even those with the best intentions can become victims to the propaganda machine.
Gold: 285.00
Feb 5 2016 10:52pm
Quote (card_sultan @ Feb 5 2016 11:48pm)
Just some scientists who unwittingly(some willingly) have their work used for political purposes, even those with the best intentions can become victims to the propaganda machine.

Over half of physicists on Earth are working on military applications.

Many scientific creations and discoveries are made because of war....

It is pretty much all we've done with science and technology so far.

This post was edited by Skinned on Feb 5 2016 10:53pm
Gold: 0.20
Feb 5 2016 10:54pm
Quote (LazyDazy @ Feb 5 2016 08:16pm)
I have hopefulness that you guys will one day find peace and stop thinking that you are able to understand the full perspective - but give God a chance in your life. God is always there knocking at the door but I think a few actually tries to listen, because they think they are so smart that they have figured it all out without the need of God to be involved.

Take some time off to read the bible. Look at some of the prophecies. Reflect at the fact that they came truth about Jesus. Reflect about the coming of the end of times that we're a part of and how prophecies are taking place this day.

Look at the 4 blood moons that we are witnessing and how huge events involving the Jews has happened each time and we might see the next thing this Easter.
We might see Obama continuing as president because he either postpone the election or uses his Veto rights if he manages to make the people accept it. It could happen if there is to be a national crisis and he got the plan to fix it. And yes I might be crazy, but I find Obama to be a very shady person with a questionable past.

I read that his ancestry might even go back to Indonesia. And got his name certificate edited to leave out 'Soebarkah' in his after name. A practice common to a certain Muslim cult, the cult of Subud. And yes this is all very speculative etc... But when you put together the bricks and try to see it from a wide perspective it all makes some sort of sense. And especially if you bring prophecies into the picture about the end of times, the spirit of Antichrist etc.

We're even moving towards a system that tries to incorporate chips into our daily lives. the WHOLE world is waiting for the RFID chip or some physical mark to be enforced. THAT is the deception! Since Satan is the greatest deceiver of all time.

And his greatest lie is that he have made man believe that he doesn't even exist. We're all about of this deception and the world is only getting closer to a financial collapse and who knows what will happen next.

I know that most of you probably don't take the Wod of God in the bible literal - but try to acknowledge some of the prophecies. It's happening.

Is this a troll?
Gold: 260.11
Feb 5 2016 10:58pm
Quote (Skinned @ Feb 5 2016 09:54pm)

http://www.learnnc.org/lp/media/uploads/2009/08/a-1038-100.jpg

Or the Japs:

http://www.ccis.edu/courses/HIST102mtmcinneshin1/week15/AntiJapanesePropagandaTakeDayOff.gif

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/236x/b4/09/b8/b409b85f2d1cc5092529b5732557b3ad.jpg

Phrenology was essentially a "flavor of the month" for a few decades. It never had a long term hold as far as I'm aware. Anyway it's a perfect example of shit science getting ousted by real science.

The Greeks weren't scientists.

Those posters are hardly scientific.

Really? Citing battle hymn of the tiger mother as an example? You're really reaching far from the mainstream for examples. Anything to serve confirmation bias I guess.... Try looking at actual scientists instead of pop science books. You won't get a good idea of the state of the actual scientific community from things that are meant to entertain the public....

This post was edited by Thor123422 on Feb 5 2016 11:01pm
Gold: 152.00
Feb 5 2016 11:46pm
Quote (Skinned @ Feb 5 2016 11:52pm)

Yeah, war is easily the biggest motivator of technological progress we have.
Feb 6 2016 12:55am
Quote (Skinned @ Feb 5 2016 11:52pm)

Depends on how and who you define as a scientist.

Quote (Thor123422 @ Feb 5 2016 11:58pm)
Anything to serve confirmation bias I guess.... Try looking at actual scientists instead of pop science books. You won't get a good idea of the state of the actual scientific community from things that are meant to entertain the public....

I love how confirmation bias applies to anything you don't agree with - so are nuclear fission-ists actual scientist's while nuclear fusion-ists just Pop scientists then? No need to answer, I already know what you think. Confirmation bias confirmed.
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev1121314151620Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll