d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Sports Coliseum > Football & Rugby > Official Football & Rugby General Chat 2.0 > Music, Food, Chitty Chat
Prev1453545364537453845395001Next
Closed New Topic New Poll
Gold: 6,313.21
Oct 19 2018 01:19pm
Quote (jadeoshbogosh @ Oct 19 2018 03:12pm)
Na, not MCC, was talking about 5.

I won't be home for a few hours and that shit would take for ever to DL if you don't have it. It's all good man.

5 is so bad that even the pros are moving to another franchise.
Gold: 250.00
Warn: 10%
Oct 19 2018 01:26pm
Quote (Crashnburn_819 @ Oct 19 2018 12:19pm)

There's just no money in it and tourneys have been piss poor. The game itself isn't bad at all. Great step in the right direction for Bungie and it was exponentially better than the piles of trash that were Reach and Halo 4. Poor management, funding, and piss poor commitment to the competitive scene hurt the franchise a lot. The two previous installments being so brutally fucking terrible I think played the biggest part in why Halo 5 didn't do nearly as well as it should have.
Gold: 16.80
Oct 19 2018 01:27pm
Quote (jadeoshbogosh @ Oct 19 2018 01:26pm)
There's just no money in it and tourneys have been piss poor. The game itself isn't bad at all. Great step in the right direction for Bungie and it was exponentially better than the piles of trash that were Reach and Halo 4. Poor management, funding, and piss poor commitment to the competitive scene hurt the franchise a lot. The two previous installments being so brutally fucking terrible I think played the biggest part in why Halo 5 didn't do nearly as well as it should have.

Bungie is still doing Halo? I though 343 studios bought it like 5 years ago?
Gold: 849.09
Oct 19 2018 01:29pm
Personally Halo 2/3 were my favorites.
Oct 19 2018 01:31pm
Quote (Fezbang @ Oct 19 2018 12:27pm)
Bungie is still doing Halo? I though 343 studios bought it like 5 years ago?

Ya, my bad lol. 343 took over with Halo 4. Brainfart

Quote (Zigity @ Oct 19 2018 12:29pm)
Personally Halo 2/3 were my favorites.

Well duh lol, they're everyone's favorites. 1-3 were all phenomenal, but I put the most time into 3 and it's where I got deep into the online scene. I did local tourneys for 2, but I didn't get online play until the last year of it.

5 is solid though. It's an overall good game with decent flow for competitive and the added movement makes hitting consistent perfect kills tricky and epic when you pull off a few in a row.

This post was edited by jadeoshbogosh on Oct 19 2018 01:33pm
Oct 19 2018 01:37pm
Quote (jadeoshbogosh @ Oct 19 2018 01:31pm)
Ya, my bad lol. 343 took over with Halo 4. Brainfart

Well duh lol, they're everyone's favorites. 1-3 were all phenomenal, but I put the most time into 3 and it's where I got deep into the online scene. I did local tourneys for 2, but I didn't get online play until the last year of it.

5 is solid though. It's an overall good game with decent flow for competitive and the added movement makes hitting consistent perfect kills tricky and epic when you pull off a few in a row.

Just making sure I didn't miss it going back to them. Although a lot of Destiny made me feel like I was playing Halo.

Quote (Crashnburn_819 @ Oct 19 2018 01:19pm)

Since you're pretty it the esports scene, is Gears of War getting bigger in esports? They had a ton of money for events last year but I don't know how they compare to a Halo or cod tourney.
Oct 19 2018 01:39pm
Quote (jadeoshbogosh @ Oct 19 2018 03:26pm)

Bungie never cared for the competitive scene. They actively disliked it while they were running Halo. The only reason MLG playlist made it in game was due to the shitload of money it made them and MLG agreeing to handle the balancing instead of Bungie having to do that work.

H5 is 343 doubling down on thinking the franchise is better off moving away from what made it stand out in the first place. As long as they refuse to return to classic mechanics the franchise will always do poorly. That's not even "I dislike H5 so it sucks," I've begun to lose track of how many people tell me they won't return to Halo if it continues to have advanced movement and the like.

Halo is an arena shooter. With how few of those exist these days, 343 would be smart to not try and copy mechanics that other games are putting in. It simply won't stand on its own if they do. It'll just go the same route as everything else these days, even with a PC release - hot for a few months and then quickly dwindling as the next big thing drops. If they focus on actually being Halo they'll land a huge playerbase just from all the PC players that have wanted it for a decade.

And thank you for admitting Reach sucks. I swear everybody I talk to about it these days acts like it was the greatest game in the series. Like the entire fanbase has collectively changed to loving it compared to when it was the current Halo title and everybody knew it sucked.
Oct 19 2018 01:40pm
Quote (Fezbang @ Oct 19 2018 12:37pm)
Just making sure I didn't miss it going back to them. Although a lot of Destiny made me feel like I was playing Halo.

Since you're pretty it the esports scene, is Gears of War getting bigger in esports? They had a ton of money for events last year but I don't know how they compare to a Halo or cod tourney.

No idea to be honest. That was one game I couldn't stand. Everything about it felt bad and slow to me. It had a decent comp scene back in the Xbox hayday, but I haven't heard anything it in awhile. I'd imagine COD dominated the console market until the new Halo game, if they improve as much on this one as they did between 4-5, and they're smarter about organizing LARGE events, it could be huge. I'm not optimistic though tbh, I'm hoping Halo comes back, but deep down I know if never will.

Quote (Crashnburn_819 @ Oct 19 2018 12:39pm)
Bungie never cared for the competitive scene. They actively disliked it while they were running Halo. The only reason MLG playlist made it in game was due to the shitload of money it made them and MLG agreeing to handle the balancing instead of Bungie having to do that work.

H5 is 343 doubling down on thinking the franchise is better off moving away from what made it stand out in the first place. As long as they refuse to return to classic mechanics the franchise will always do poorly. That's not even "I dislike H5 so it sucks," I've begun to lose track of how many people tell me they won't return to Halo if it continues to have advanced movement and the like.

Halo is an arena shooter. With how few of those exist these days, 343 would be smart to not try and copy mechanics that other games are putting in. It simply won't stand on its own if they do. It'll just go the same route as everything else these days, even with a PC release - hot for a few months and then quickly dwindling as the next big thing drops. If they focus on actually being Halo they'll land a huge playerbase just from all the PC players that have wanted it for a decade.

And thank you for admitting Reach sucks. I swear everybody I talk to about it these days acts like it was the greatest game in the series. Like the entire fanbase has collectively changed to loving it compared to when it was the current Halo title and everybody knew it sucked.

Like, I know you're right, but I just want Halo to come back. I honestly enjoy the new feel of the game. Things need to evolve somewhat and H2/H3 just play soooooo slow compared to games these days. Maybe it would do well if they slowed it back down to how it was, but I wholeheartedly believe it's impossible to go back to how it was, people just wouldn't accept the pacing and it'd fail. If this latest installment is underwhelming again or if the competitive scene dies out in a matter of months, perhaps we'll get to see if returning to original Halo mechanics would get people to come back. I don't believe it will, but hey, the fuck do I know lol, I also think Overwatch and Fortnite are both terrible and they're hugely successful.

DUDE, I know what you fucking mean about Reach. For whatever fucking reason, the passage of time somehow makes people completely forget how bad shit truly was. There was NOTHING good about Reach. It was worse than it's predecessors in every single fucking way, from removing the BR, making it so you had to stand still for a moment to hit accurate shots, removing ranked play, map flow, weapon variety and just fucking everything about it was terrible.

This post was edited by jadeoshbogosh on Oct 19 2018 01:46pm
Oct 19 2018 01:43pm
Quote (jadeoshbogosh @ Oct 19 2018 01:40pm)
No idea to be honest. That was one game I couldn't stand. Everything about it felt bad and slow to me. It had a decent comp scene back in the Xbox hayday, but I haven't heard anything it in awhile. I'd imagine COD dominated the console market until the new Halo game, if they improve as much on this one as they did between 4-5, and they're smarter about organizing LARGE events, it could be huge. I'm not optimistic though tbh, I'm hoping Halo comes back, but deep down I know if never will.

Yea if you're about games that are all about speed Gears isn't for you. I've loved it since the very first time I played it. I just wish they didn't turn every fucking game made these days into a money grab. Let me earn some skins by playing a little every day. I shouldn't have to play 20 matches to get one 2 dollar loot box.
Oct 19 2018 01:44pm
Quote (Fezbang @ Oct 19 2018 03:37pm)

Dunno how into the scene I am outside of Halo really. From what I've seen if it grew at all recently, it wasn't much. MLG is trying really hard to push it but it's just not a big enough game to compete anymore. Probably around the same draw as Halo 5, but neither of those come close to CoD. GoW4 sold less than 6mil copies as of a year ago. There's just no way a scene is strong with that low of a number - part of what makes a scene strong is people who play the game actually wanting to watch pros.
Go Back To Football & Rugby Topic List
Prev1453545364537453845395001Next
Closed New Topic New Poll