d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Sports Coliseum > Basketball > Toronto Raptors > Discussion, Love, Hate, Rage, Etc.
Prev1191192193194195Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 0.00
Warn: 10%
Jul 17 2019 02:46pm
Quote (Sixers @ Jul 17 2019 12:11pm)
Enjoy that Championship boys, it's the last one you'll see for a really, really long time rofl. Enjoy the early exit moving forward.

No but foreal, Siakam will be an All-Star this season. Quote me.

Quoted
Gold: 26,362.70
Jul 17 2019 03:22pm
Quote (Sixers @ 17 Jul 2019 16:11)
Enjoy that Championship boys, it's the last one you'll see for a really, really long time rofl. Enjoy the early exit moving forward.

No but foreal, Siakam will be an All-Star this season. Quote me.

Will somebody please stop the SALLTTTT
Gold: 17,506.24
Jul 25 2019 02:56pm
This was straight from Kawhi's mouth

Could the reigning champions have done anything more to keep their star?

“You know, once I got together with my team and we put the pros and cons down, it was never about winning a championship,” Leonard said to Yahoo Sports. “It was about what the future has to hold. And for me, myself and my family, that's what type of decision I had to make. It’s no discredit to Toronto, I just wanted to play at home. I wanted to do that before I got traded there, and obviously when I got there, it was a goal of mine to make history and get them a championship, and I feel like I did my job there pretty much and that I should be granted to go play where I wanted to after I gave them what they needed. I just wanted to play at home. Like Paul said, our families are able to come to games. But just from my own thinking, it’s like we're in the NBA and I played eight years already. Eight years can fly by so fast, and we’re not able to do anything with [our families] eight or nine months of the season.

“So once the summer comes, you got three months to either go see family, train and do your other business obligations. There’s really no time to see them, to see your family. I love my family. Over the last five or six years, I’ll go back home and see my family, my nieces and nephews, and they’re talking, playing, shooting basketballs, and I’m like, ‘Dang, I missed all this. Y’all talking already. What? You’re doing this?’ So it’s like, ‘Man, where the hell have I been?’ It feels like you been in a matrix or something.

“For me, it was a family situation more so than a basketball decision. Basketball is going to be here long without me, so I feel like when we’re here, we just have to make sure we share it with our loved ones, and that’s one of the big reasons why I came to the Clippers.”

Congrats on the ring, at the end of the day its worth it.

This post was edited by VeryUnknown on Jul 25 2019 02:56pm
Warn: 10%
Jul 25 2019 02:57pm
Quote (VeryUnknown @ 25 Jul 2019 12:56)

“You know, once I got together with my team and we put the pros and cons down, it was never about winning a championship,” Leonard said to Yahoo Sports. “It was about what the future has to hold. And for me, myself and my family, that's what type of decision I had to make. It’s no discredit to Toronto, I just wanted to play at home. I wanted to do that before I got traded there, and obviously when I got there, it was a goal of mine to make history and get them a championship, and I feel like I did my job there pretty much and that I should be granted to go play where I wanted to after I gave them what they needed. I just wanted to play at home. Like Paul said, our families are able to come to games. But just from my own thinking, it’s like we're in the NBA and I played eight years already. Eight years can fly by so fast, and we’re not able to do anything with [our families] eight or nine months of the season.

“So once the summer comes, you got three months to either go see family, train and do your other business obligations. There’s really no time to see them, to see your family. I love my family. Over the last five or six years, I’ll go back home and see my family, my nieces and nephews, and they’re talking, playing, shooting basketballs, and I’m like, ‘Dang, I missed all this. Y’all talking already. What? You’re doing this?’ So it’s like, ‘Man, where the hell have I been?’ It feels like you been in a matrix or something.

“For me, it was a family situation more so than a basketball decision. Basketball is going to be here long without me, so I feel like when we’re here, we just have to make sure we share it with our loved ones, and that’s one of the big reasons why I came to the Clippers.”

Didn’t read
Gold: 26,362.70
Jul 25 2019 05:06pm
Quote (VeryUnknown @ 25 Jul 2019 16:56)

Im salty by nature, but I wish Kawhi the best. I knew this was going to happen. Clips vs Lakers will be fun to watch
Gold: 8,000.00
Oct 19 2019 12:17pm
Pascal Siakam just agreed to a 4 year max deal
Oct 19 2019 06:03pm
Quote (KrWWW @ Oct 19 2019 01:17pm)
Pascal Siakam just agreed to a 4 year max deal

why did the Raps sign this early, what's the benefit as opposed to waiting to see how Siakam does in a role as the #1 option? I thought I read reports also stating that they were going to wait on making this extension official
Gold: 8,000.00
Oct 19 2019 06:52pm
Quote (Giannis @ Oct 19 2019 08:03pm)
why did the Raps sign this early, what's the benefit as opposed to waiting to see how Siakam does in a role as the #1 option? I thought I read reports also stating that they were going to wait on making this extension official

who else would that 130 million go to?

it wasn't a 170 max contract
Oct 19 2019 06:58pm
Quote (KrWWW @ Oct 19 2019 07:52pm)
who else would that 130 million go to?

it wasn't a 170 max contract

It would be flexible to go to anyone the Raps might be able to trade for or sign in free agency. Siakam is under his current contract for the remainder of this season, the negotiation on this extension didn’t have to finalize until summer of 2020. So again I ask why rush to sign this? I’m not saying for sure that Siakam will regress given an expanded role, but it is a possibility. Kawhi is one of the most elite scorers in the NBA. Therefore he created a lot of gravity for Siakam to get open space. Similarly to how Bledsoe performs much better when his strong side (right) driving lanes are open from the gravity that Giannis creates on the left wing.
Gold: 171.76
Oct 19 2019 09:12pm
Quote (Giannis @ Oct 19 2019 08:58pm)
It would be flexible to go to anyone the Raps might be able to trade for or sign in free agency. Siakam is under his current contract for the remainder of this season, the negotiation on this extension didn’t have to finalize until summer of 2020. So again I ask why rush to sign this? I’m not saying for sure that Siakam will regress given an expanded role, but it is a possibility. Kawhi is one of the most elite scorers in the NBA. Therefore he created a lot of gravity for Siakam to get open space. Similarly to how Bledsoe performs much better when his strong side (right) driving lanes are open from the gravity that Giannis creates on the left wing.

Raptors have been desperate for a long time to be seen as a quality organization that looks after its players

I don’t agree or disagree with the extension , but that’s the mindset .

Same thing with the Lowry extension
Go Back To Basketball Topic List
Prev1191192193194195Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll