d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate > Official Political Picture Thread
Prev1128212831284128512865001Next
Closed New Topic New Poll
Gold: 0.00
Warn: 30%
Jun 22 2017 04:13pm
Quote (Black XistenZ @ 22 Jun 2017 22:47)
i was not referring to the raids themselves, I was referring to the censorship that IMHO is being expanded under Maas. and yes, heiko maas is all the time talking about shutting down "hate speech" online, about making the posters of racism on social media accountable, and if that doesnt work, lets make facebook and co accountable for what their users are writing, and so on. and lets not forget that this is not all talk, he is currently trying to get his "netzwerkdurchsuchungsgesetz" (english: network scanning law) through parliament. this bill, if it were to become law in its current form, would a ) outsource censorship of social media from the courts towards the social media sites themselves and b ) incentivise massive 'overblocking' by threatening fines of up to 50 million € to the social media sites which dont delete those posts fast enough that are considered "hate speech".

heiko maas is, through his words and actions, creating an environment in which it is blatantly obvious to all bodies of law enforcement that their bosses boss wants to see an intensified fight against so-called hate speech.
if his "netzwerkdurchsuchungsgesetz" passes, it is the most severe attack on freedom of speech that germany has seen since wwII. and once those things turn into law, courts will have to follow the guidelines on what constitutes hate speech that are given out by his justice department.

needless to mention that heiko maas has repeatedly shown his sympathy for left-wing extremist groups. he once liked a left-wing extremist punk band which is surveilled by the Federal Office for the Protection of the Constitution. his son is a member of the german antifa. he congratulated left-wing activists who blocked a march by right-wing activists via unlawful means. maybe excusable for the minister of agriculture or something, but certainly not for the head of the justice department. in general, he is constantly barking against right-wing activists and the threat from the right side of the political spectrum, but at the same time barely ever says a word about left-wing extremism and crimes, or about islamistic terrorists.

oh don't get me wrong, i'm 100% AGAINST the new initiative in its current form, not even a question. however, i was refering specifically to this raid and the kneejerk "nazi thought police" reaction, especially from ppl living in a country where black and poor people get murdered by the police on a regular basis without any repercussions, a country that happily gave away major individual freedoms after 2001, basically establishing a surveillance state for the vague promise of some additional security...

but i also oppose the ridiculously onesided boogeyman rhetoric when it comes to maas, even though i personally think he's doing a rather underwhelming job, focusing on the wrong issues at the wrong time, and not really protecting the best interest of the majority of germans - even though i'm also certain that he's convinced he's doing that...

This post was edited by fender on Jun 22 2017 04:16pm
Gold: 1,002.00
Warn: 10%
Jun 22 2017 04:13pm
That's some serious moderation on social media.

anti extremism laws work both ways I guess ^^
Jun 22 2017 04:15pm
Quote (cambovenzi @ 22 Jun 2017 23:09)
here we go again with more unfounded degenerate assumptions and stories.
How generous of you to deign to my level if I fulfill your requirements and play into your delusions and insults before you provide anything of substance or class yourself. :rolleyes:

how unexpected, another dodge...
i could open a shitty car dealership with your posts alone...
Gold: 57.00
Jun 22 2017 04:19pm
heinrich writing hate-filled rage essay fanfictions to justify police state tactics against citizens and companies :unsure:

reported, btw
Gold: 7,525.35
Jun 22 2017 04:21pm
Quote (fender @ Jun 22 2017 06:15pm)
how unexpected, another dodge...
i could open a shitty car dealership with your posts alone...

My first post successfully communicated what i wanted to say.
Writing you an essay at your behest based on appeasing your own fabrications, delusions and insults is not on my agenda.
The divergence in freedom of speech between the two countries is well established and increasingly widening.

This post was edited by cambovenzi on Jun 22 2017 04:22pm
Gold: 260.11
Jun 22 2017 04:26pm
Quote (cambovenzi @ Jun 22 2017 04:21pm)
Writing you an essay at your behest based on appeasing your own fabrications, delusions and insults is not on my agenda.
The divergence in freedom of speech between the two countries is well established and increasingly widening.

Communication is a two way street
Jun 22 2017 04:28pm
Quote (excellence @ 22 Jun 2017 23:19)
heinrich writing hate-filled rage essay fanfictions to justify police state tactics against citizens and companies :unsure:

reported, btw

Haha, soo funny.. We're all going towards police states attacking our citizens.. This right movement is so great.
Jun 22 2017 04:28pm
Quote (cambovenzi @ 22 Jun 2017 23:21)

your first post was simply a display of utter cluelessness regarding the specifics of this case and its circumstances, merely a rage-fueled blanket statement that, if made by someone who was a bit more knowledgable than you, would even translate to support of inciting racial hatred and distributing illegal material...
Gold: 7,525.35
Jun 22 2017 04:34pm
falsely alleging cluelessness without substantiation..again.

Quote (Thor123422 @ Jun 22 2017 06:26pm)
Communication is a two way street

heinrich wasnt the target audience. I already know what to expect from him. Others got the message.
Jun 22 2017 04:41pm
Quote (cambovenzi @ 22 Jun 2017 23:34)
falsely alleging cluelessness without substantiation..again.

heinrich wasnt the target audience. I already know what to expect from him. Others got the message.

Not really. I find it rather normal. If you have laws that prohibit ppl from trying to induce violence on a platform. They should be enforced.
These type of laws have been there for a long time, and slightly been made stricter to deal with terrorism.
I don't see anyone crying about that part, unless it can potentially be used to inhibit hateful speech encouraging violence from white male Germans.
And then it's suddenly the worst that there is and a police state.. That is what we are going to, if we're going to far trying to prevent terrorism.
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev1128212831284128512865001Next
Closed New Topic New Poll