d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Diablo II > Diablo 2 Discussion > Player vs. Monster > Karhun > The Bear's Walk Through Sanctuary
Prev1262728293032Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 788.00
Dec 8 2012 03:11am
Awesome! I personally start off with a low requirement and low defense armor for my merc's treachery so he proc's almost nonstop. I usually use a LP or MP until I find something/need something better later. It works wonders!

You've made HUGE gains in the last 24 hours, and I am stoked to see how well this works for you!

On Natuure's walk, I am thinking Aldur's elemental damage with some life leech will work nicely for him over butcher's right now.
Gold: 1.00
Dec 8 2012 06:53am
Quote (blitzer123 @ Dec 8 2012 05:11am)
Awesome!  I personally start off with a low requirement and low defense armor for my merc's treachery so he proc's almost nonstop.  I usually use a LP or MP until I find something/need something better later.  It works wonders!

You've made HUGE gains in the last 24 hours, and I am stoked to see how well this works for you!

On Natuure's walk, I am thinking Aldur's elemental damage with some life leech will work nicely for him over butcher's right now.

I think what I've got right now is gonna work pretty damn well. The only thing I'm worried about in Act 2 are massive amounts of skeletons and unravelers. If there's any situation where I can't get to the unravelers I won't be able to do anything as they will summon skellies faster than merc can kill....

As for the Natuure its still hard for me to believe that ~100 fire damage and ~75 lightning damage is better than ~50 physical damage + 35% DS + 25% OW...I guess the LL/ML helps a lot though.

Anyway gonna start Act 2 right now and see how it goes. May skip radament for now...gonna try though...

EDIT!!!

THIS IS HUGE! Doing sewers and thought of a genius plan! I'm wearing Atma's and making it my sole job to proc amp on fire immunes! Works beautifully and makes things 100% faster! Will just carry both ammies(and two different rings for different resists) everywhere!

This post was edited by Flame-Masta on Dec 8 2012 07:06am
Gold: 5.00
Dec 8 2012 07:06am
Quote (Flame-Masta @ Dec 8 2012 08:53am)
I think what I've got right now is gonna work pretty damn well. The only thing I'm worried about in Act 2 are massive amounts of skeletons and unravelers. If there's any situation where I can't get to the unravelers I won't be able to do anything as they will summon skellies faster than merc can kill....

As for the Natuure its still hard for me to believe that ~100 fire damage and ~75 lightning damage is better than ~50 physical damage + 35% DS + 25% OW...I guess the LL/ML helps a lot though.

Anyway gonna start Act 2 right now and see how it goes. May skip radament for now...gonna try though...

Dont want to spam your topic.... but killing speed without fana or might is very bad!

So what I need is survivability (life leech) and some elemental damage to finish things after CB!

But as I said, upgraded Butcher should be fine socketed!

For your WT, when you upgraded your Yari I was like :blink: noooooooo haha....always happen to me too ;)
Dec 8 2012 09:38am
Quote (nataure @ Dec 8 2012 09:06am)
Dont want to spam your topic.... but killing speed without fana or might is very bad!

So what I need is survivability (life leech) and some elemental damage to finish things after CB!

But as I said, upgraded Butcher should be fine socketed!

For your WT, when you upgraded your Yari I was like  :blink:  noooooooo haha....always happen to me too ;)

Discussing builds and item uses isn't spam at all...And I can see how Aldur's works better for you, I guess I just don't want to admit how bad your killing speed actually is..........

As for the Yari, I was speechless for a while and then in panic mode because I couldn't think of a solution immediately.

Anyway, here's the progress from Act 2 so far.

This guy sucked....plain and simple...at first it was a losing battle as he would resurrect things faster than we could kill them. I then tried to go in and take him down in the midst of everything and almost got myself killed. The final strategy was to lure the minions back a bit and kill them where he couldn't resurrect. Then I was home free for the kill. I guess it would have been pretty easy if I just started off doing that...

Crap drops obviously....

Walking out into the wild this dropped right off the bat....really wish it were eth...seeing items like this is encouraging though!

Dec 8 2012 09:40am
Pretty sure this is my third one of these to drop....Actually kept this one because it had higher defense then the I one I've been using on switch.

First Phase Blade to drop!!!! Why did it have to be magic????? Really???? Well Maybe its Jewelers PB of Quickness!!!!

Nope...Crap....

Dec 8 2012 09:48am
Found this in Maggot Lair!!!! Stars are aligning way too well for me right now!

wow...talk about a shitty roll....Still doubles my defense though. Also to wear this I had to juggle my items a bit, but it worked out pretty well in the end. I put on Laying of Hands instead of cb gloves for the 50% Fire resist, then I put on that cold/light resist crafted ring I made a little while ago to replace the fire resist ring I was using.

Here are my stats, as I leveled up to 84! As you can see resists are doing great, especially considering I have 15% Fire Absorb, and even after I lost 13 MDR from Viper, I still have 28 MDR from Dwarf Star and SoE.

This post was edited by Flame-Masta on Dec 8 2012 09:48am
Dec 8 2012 09:50am
This was just annoying........At one point I just stepped back and went semi-afk and let merc take things down by himself as neither of us were even hurt by anything in here.

Ended up taking everything down(even the things left in the S/S) Drops weren't worth posting...

Gold: 1,600.00
Dec 8 2012 09:52am
Your drops do not inspire me to carry on with physical build :\ (talking as a fellow shape shifter)
Dec 8 2012 09:59am
Quote (KillaMikey @ Dec 8 2012 11:52am)
Your drops do not inspire me to carry on with physical build :\ (talking as a fellow shape shifter)

Heh well werewolf is in a better position than bear....With fury you can hit 6-7 frame rate attack pretty easily. For bear that takes a crazy good weapon. Go on Titanseal and just check the bps for even a Cryptic sword or something...I mean my 40 ias kris, which is base -20 is still on 8 frame attack...thats crazy...and with that much weapon ias off weapon ias is just about worthless...

So yeah if I were a werewolf I would have stuck with physical all the way through. I mean the Butcher's I found would have worked fine on a Fury Druid if I had socketed it, since it hits, apparently, a 6.8 frame attack if socketed with a shael. the same weapon hits a 12 frame attack on bear....so yeah...its a big difference.
Gold: Locked
Trader: Scammer
Warn: 30%
Dec 8 2012 11:07am
I found a 888 eth 3 socket ancients armor .. do you think it would be better than a 5xx def forty for my merc concidering duress will give him CB and could go over 2k def ?
Go Back To Player vs. Monster Topic List
Prev1262728293032Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll