d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate > I See Your Obamaphone Lady And Raise You This > Just Study It Out, Buddy
Prev15678Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 25.00
Oct 12 2012 11:11am
Quote (DieTryin' @ Oct 12 2012 04:49pm)
Sounds good. I'm sure someone is already making a parody like that.

I'm working on a pretty sexy fair share spoof down at the local college with my roommate atm. I'll make sure to post it if we ever finish it -.-
Gold: 40.42
Oct 12 2012 11:12am
Quote (Juanderful @ 12 Oct 2012 04:47)
In no way is the following a scientific experiment of any sort, but just do the following =

1) Search "Obama supporter" and "Romney supporter" on YouTube. If you notice, nearly all of the videos are of Obama/Romney supporters acting like complete idiots in front of camera, having absolutely no clue what they're spouting nor why they have chosen to support their candidate-of-choice.

2) Now do the same with "Ron Paul supporter" or "Gary Johnson supporter", then proceed to scroll through as many pages as you wish and take a look at the videos that turn up. Mostly all videos are of well-spoken Ron Paul supporters being interviewed on talk shows, and/or videos of law-abiding Ron Paul supporters being unfairly bullied by the opposition.

This should give you a rough idea of what the intellectual demographic is like, and what type of people are attracted to Obama/Romney compared to those that are attracted to Libertarian candidates like Ron Paul/Gary Johnson. Accuse me of cherrypicking? Well again, this isn't supposed to be a scientific experiment, but it has repeatedly been brought to my attention that Libertarian-minded people, on average, are a lot more politically-informed than those of the Democrat or Republican mindset.

You will almost never hear of an ex-Libertarian supporter, while Democrat or Republican supporters seem to jump ship more often than they change their underwear.

All that this proves is that you can easily cherry-pick people saying stupid shit, but no one needs to put any effort into discrediting Ron Paul and Gary Johnson supporters because they don't matter. :)
Gold: 2,617.52
Oct 12 2012 11:40am
Quote (Skinned @ Oct 12 2012 06:08am)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gBrHkxqNT7s

LMFAO
Gold: 39.20
Oct 12 2012 11:47am
Sounds like every politician when asked a question
Gold: 110.10
Oct 12 2012 01:39pm
Quote (Skinned @ 12 Oct 2012 07:36)
On first point, Ron Paul was a Republican.  If he had won the Republican primary he would have run for president as a Republican.  Those donors would give the same money to any candidate of the legitimate party.

Two the sky is not falling, free speech is not being eroded, Westboro is free to protest what they want, quit with the strawman!  FREEDOM OF SPEECH ISN'T UNDER ATTACK.

And spam =/= dissenting opinion.  I would love to respond to something a Ron Paul supporter says that isn't a logical fallacy (Santara excluded).

I posted a thoughtful post and you just posted a picture with the candidates and organizations that would give anybody running for president money.  Yes, I know banks donate to political campaigns, so do I, so what?  Is Obama beholden to me because I'm a DNC donor?  Just put Skinned under the list for Obama and Widow under the list for Romney so you can at least get closer to the bigger picture of how politics works in a capitalist economy.

Thoughtful post? :rofl: And I only posted a picture? No wonder you keep coming back, because you skip all of the content I wrote and only look at the pictures. This isn't the 2nd grade anymore kiddo.

You posted a post filled with baseless and anecdotal prejudice that made you look like the ignorant bigot you are. Don't even pretend that you didn't stereotype all Libertarians as complete nut jobs. If you're going to make such an inflammatory statement, I suggest you back it up with some statistics and not continue dodging with even more useless posts disguised as fact.

One thing you don't realize is Romney received a large amount of funds from the banks long before he got elected at the RNC, as far back as before the primaries even started (when Huntsman/Perry/Gingrich/Santorum/etc were still in the race). Like I said, the candidates have already been chosen by the corporations/banks, and they funnel money to their puppet-of-choice to stifle and trample the opposition in hopes of pretending their party isn't divided -- which can be clearly exampled by the hack job/public monstrosity that was the RNC.

Quote (AiNedeSpelCzech @ 12 Oct 2012 10:12)
All that this proves is that you can easily cherry-pick people saying stupid shit, but no one needs to put any effort into discrediting Ron Paul and Gary Johnson supporters because they don't matter.  :)

Ah, I knew someone would say that -- something to the tune of "not important enough to discredit".

If your argument made even 1 ounce of sense, how come if RP/GJ supporters are equally as easily to be exposed as idiots, then the same results can't be found by doing a simple search on YouTube/Google? Just run a camera like people do for Obama/Romney supporters -- how hard could it be?

Because really, go try my "experiment". There's honestly no effort needed to discredit Obama/Romney supporters, when they do it just fine by themselves. All you need is a camera rolling, and they'll take care of the rest. The results are really quite disproportionately negative for Obama/Romney supporters, while being largely positive in the case for RP/GJ. A vast majority of Obama/Romney videos are exactly of what I described. It's not even cherrypicking at this point ... there are literally a ton of Obama/Romney wackos.

Gold: 262.50
Oct 12 2012 10:35pm
Quote (Juanderful @ Oct 12 2012 03:39pm)
Ah, I knew someone would say that -- something to the tune of "not important enough to discredit".

If your argument made even 1 ounce of sense, how come if RP/GJ supporters are equally as easily to be exposed as idiots, then the same results can't be found by doing a simple search on YouTube/Google? Just run a camera like people do for Obama/Romney supporters -- how hard could it be?

Because really, go try my "experiment". There's honestly no effort needed to discredit Obama/Romney supporters, when they do it just fine by themselves. All you need is a camera rolling, and they'll take care of the rest. The results are really quite disproportionately negative for Obama/Romney supporters, while being largely positive in the case for RP/GJ. A vast majority of Obama/Romney videos are exactly of what I described. It's not even cherrypicking at this point ... there are literally a ton of Obama/Romney wackos.

Sure, Obama and Romney both have supporters who may be less educated than you. That should be expected from candidates who compete on a large scale and are capable of pulling off those kinds of numbers, numbers that Ron Paul has had wet dreams over for decades. :(
Gold: 7,525.35
Oct 12 2012 10:57pm
Quote (hedonism @ Oct 13 2012 12:35am)
Sure, Obama and Romney both have supporters who may be less educated than you.  That should be expected from candidates who compete on a large scale and are capable of pulling off those kinds of numbers, numbers that Ron Paul has had wet dreams over for decades. :(

Admitting large numbers of Obama and Romney supporters are extremely ignorant, stupid and possibly borderline retarded people?

Close enough. Ill take it.
Gold: 475.46
Oct 12 2012 10:57pm
what a dumb bitch, she is a great example of the romney bots.

This post was edited by Brian_D on Oct 12 2012 10:58pm
Gold: 14.88
Oct 13 2012 06:04am
Let's not forget.

And accusations of bigotry? My, that's become a popular word.
Gold: 285.00
Oct 13 2012 07:14am
Quote (cambovenzi @ Oct 12 2012 11:57pm)
Admitting large numbers of Obama and Romney supporters are extremely ignorant, stupid and possibly borderline retarded people?

Close enough. Ill take it.

Of course, everybody who wasn't a Ron Paul supporter in the Republican primary is an idiot. Especially Rand Paul.
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev15678Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll