d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Diablo II > Diablo 2 Discussion > All In One R/d And Temp Ban Reversal Guide
Closed New Topic New Poll
Gold: 720.71
Sep 24 2012 08:54pm
This guide includes some of Tiffiter's temp ban guide and DragonSoldier82's realm down guide, and my own research.

What will be covered in this guide:

I. The difference between a "temp ban" and a "realm down"
II. "Before I read all this, can I use these methods?"
III. Static vs dynamic ip address and how this affects these methods.
IV. The methods/ways to bypass a realm down.
V. The method/ways to bypass a temp ban.

I. The difference between a "temp ban" and a "realm down".

A realm down is when you can log into battle.net but you cannot select a character. You can play open battle.net with a realm down.
A temp ban you cannot log into battle.net for that realm only. So if you get temp banned on us.east.battle.net for example, you would not be able to log in to us.east.battle.net but you would be able to log in to any other realm.

More info on these two errors can be found here: Information About Realm Downs And Temp Bans

II. "Before I read all this, can I use these methods?"
You must have a dynamic Ip address for most of these methods. A static ip can be used for temp bans but not realm downs.

III. Static vs dynamic ip address and how this affects these methods.
As stated above a Dynamic ip is what you need in most methods. A static only has 1 way to get rid of a temp ban but is useless in a realm down.

Dynamic IP vs. Static IP Address
A dynamic IP address is simply an external IP address assigned to your computer by your router every time you connect to the network.
A static IP address is an external IP address chosen by you (or whoever set up your network) or your ISP that will remain the same on reconnects to the network.

Internal vs. External IP Address
*An internal IP address is the one that identifies your computer among your own network.
~ An internal IP will generally resemble 192.168.x.x.x (x can represent any number from 0 to 255).
~ An internal IP will also be assigned to your router to be able to access its settings.
~ To find out your internal IP address go to: Start > Run > Type in cmd > Type in ipconfig > press "Enter"
*An external IP address is the one that identifies your computer for the entire internet.
~ To find out your external IP address simply go to http://whatsmyip.org/

As a warning, Not all the methods work 100% of the time. They differ from computer to computer and from network to network. Just try all until you find one that works. If none work, you just have to wait it out

IV. The methods/ways to bypass a realm down.
There is a few methods to get around this. We will go over all of them

Method #1
Step 1. Make sure you have a realm down. Refer to the top of this to be sure.

Step 2. You must be using a router.
The easiest way if you didn't up your network or your not computer savvy is to :
Start --> Run --> Type: cmd --> type in ipconfig and press enter.

This will pop up a box like this:

IP Address ~ If you see a number starting with 192.168. then you are on a router :)
Default Gateway ~ This will be used to access your router.

Here are some common Defualt Gateways.

Linksys | 192.168.1.1
D-Link | 192.168.0.1
Netgear | 192.168.0.1
Belkin | 192.168.2.1
Don't see your type of router? Go back to step 2.

Step 3: Accessing Your Router
You will use the defualt gateway to get to your router.
You just need to type it into your search bar of your internet brower:

Step 4. Logging in to your router.
99.9% of the time if you haven't changed the log in to your router, it will be a default log in/password. This may be given to you by your ISP or it my be a generic one you can Google.

Some common log ins are:
admin/admin
[blank]/admin
administrator/admin
admin/pass
admin/password
admin/administrator

You can Google your router type and most likely find it if none of those work.
I have a linksys so mine is [Blank]/admin (leave username blank.)

A box will pop up with something like this:

Type in your login and you will be at your routers control panel.

This post was edited by Sgull on Jul 2 2013 04:18am
Gold: 720.71
Sep 24 2012 08:55pm
Step 5. Once your inside the router's you will see a screen simliar to this. (mine is set differently because i have my router bridged.)

Your going to hit status. I have it outlined in red.
You should see at the bottom of the screen something along the lines of Disconnect/Connect or Release/Renew. Click Disconnect/Release and wait about 15 seconds, then click Connect/Renew.

Here is an example of what you might see:

Step 6: If after pressing Connect/Renew you see an IP address and all those significant numbers appear then try to connect to Battle.NET again. Problem should be solved!

Method #2
Step #1 Changing your MAC Address
Go back to the Setup Page
Click on MAC address clone
Change the last character of your MAC Address one higher, so A to B 1 to 2 ect.

Step 2: Saving the new MAC address.
Unplug your modem and router for about 10-15 seconds
Plug your modem back in and wait for it to fully turn back on. (All lights that are normally on are on)

Step 3: Renewing/connecting
Go back to the Status tab on your Router's Control Panel and click on
Click on Renew/connect whatever you may have.
If it doesn't work the first time, try Renewing/connecting again.
You can tell if it was successful by seeing a new IP address.
And your done!

V. The method/ways to bypass a temp ban.

Method #1
Step 1:
Disable your internet connection by going to: Control Panel > Network Connections > Click your right connection (Wireless or LAN) and press Disable

Step 2:
Unplug your router and modem from their power supplies and wait 15 seconds.

Step 3:
Enable your internet connection by going to: Control Panel > Network Connections > Right click your connection (Wireless or LAN) and press Enable

Step 4:
Try to connect to Battle.NET again. If it worked you can play again.

Method #2
Step 1:
Start > Run > Type in cmd > Type in ipconfig/all > press "Enter"

Step 2:
Record the following numbers on a piece of paper: IP Address, Subnet Mask, Default Gateway, and DNS Servers.

Step 3:
Now type in ipconfig/release > press "Enter"

Step 4:
Now go to Control Panel > Network Connections > rClick your connection (Wireless or LAN) and press Properties

Step 5:
Windows XP: Select "Internet Protocol (TCP/IP)" and click Properties. Vista: Select Internet Protocol (TCP/IPv4) and click Properties.

Step 6:
Check-off "Use the following IP Address" and input the numbers we recorded in Step 2. Press OK and then press Close.

Step 7:
Repeat Steps 4-5 and this time check "Obtain an IP address automatically". Press OK and then press Close.

Step 8:
Go back to the command prompt and type in ipconfig/renew and press "Enter"

Step 9:
Try to log back on to Battle.NET. Hopefully it worked.

Method #3
Step 1: Open Notepad and type out the following and save it was "ipreset.bat"

[CODE]@ echo off
ipconfig /flushdns
ipconfig /release
ipconfig /renew
exit

Step 2: Run the Windows Batch File one or two times and then try to connect to Battle.NET again.

Method #4 (Static Only)

Use this guide from PortForward.com to change your Static IP address. The following
guide is for setting up a static IP but it can also be used to remove or change a static IP:
http://www.portforward.com/networking/staticip.htm

Step 1: Go to http://whatsmyip.org/ and write down your external IP address.

Step 2: Run through steps #1-3 of "4. Steps To Bypassing a Temp IP Ban (Router-Dynamic Only) Method #1"

Step 3: Go to http://whatsmyip.org/ and check to see if your external IP address has changed. If it has not then you most likely have a static IP address.

Step 4: If "Obtain an IP address automatically" is not checked then it means that you have a static IP, otherwise you have a dynamic IP.

~OR~

Step 1: Go to: Control Panel > Network Connections > rClick your connection (Wireless or LAN) and press Properties

Step 2: Windows XP: Click Properties again. Vista: Skip this step. You should now have something like this on your screen: http://i44.tinypic.com/w20cna.jpg

Step 3: Windows XP: Click on Internet Protocol(TCP/IP) and then the Properties button. Vista: Click on TCP/IPv4 and then the Properties button.

Step 4: If "Obtain an IP address automatically" is not checked then it means that you have a static IP, otherwise you have a dynamic IP.

This post was edited by Sgull on Jul 2 2013 04:19am
Go Back To Diablo 2 Discussion Topic List
Closed New Topic New Poll