d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Diablo II > Diablo 2 Discussion > Information About Realm Downs And Temp Bans.
Closed New Topic New Poll
Gold: 720.71
Aug 28 2012 01:53pm
There are a lot of thread that tell you how to reverse these issues, but don't explain much about them.
This topic will go over:

I. What is the difference?
II. What do these messages mean?
III. How can i avoid these?
IV. What other messages can I get?

I. What is the difference?

The difference between a realm down and a temp ban are really simple.
On a realm down you can still play Open battle.net. Meaning you cans till login and talk with your friends.
Temp bans don't let you on Battle.net at all on that server. If you get a realm down or a temp ban on one server, you can still play on the other 3.

This is the realm down message:

This is the temp ban message:

II. What do these messages mean?
These messages are two difference errors battle.net gives us that are commonly confused/misunderstood.
A realm down normally lasts about 12 hours but can go on as long as 3 days max. You commonly get realm downs from xfering gear too fast, joining and joining/leaving games too fast.

A temp ban is simply stating you didn't listen to the realm down. Most often times you get a temp ban after 2 realm downs. Other reasons for getting a temp ban are typing too fast, getting too many realm downs in a short amount of time, and loging into battle.net too much. This message doesn't really mean your banned from battle net. It simply is telling you that battle net as cut you off from the servers for a period of time. Most temp bans are 5-10 minutes long the first time but can last 2 weeks or more.

III. How can I avoid these?

You can avoid realm downs very easily. Don't xfer gear really fast. Be in the game at least 2-3 minutes before changing or after about 4-5 characters wait 5-10 minutes before continuing. Don't join fast games for a long period of time. We all love high level characters but following those fast chaos/baal games can cause you a realm down.

The easiest way to avoid a temp ban is don't spam in channels or in games and don't get realm downs. Temp bans are probably the easiest issue to avoid on battle.net.

IV. Other battle.net errors you can get:

This means you have been banned from battle.net. That account cannot be remade for 3 months and your cd key is likely banned for 1 month.

http://i46.tinypic.com/xdvvnm.jpg

This means your character name as been taken by another player. There is no way to fix this other than to get the name back from the person who took it from you.

This is the basic knowledge needed for avoiding and understanding realm downs/temp bans. I hope it helps ;)
Go Back To Diablo 2 Discussion Topic List
Closed New Topic New Poll