d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Sports Coliseum > World Football - Soccer > Chelsea F.c.
Prev1933934935936937Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 550.00
Mar 7 2023 04:08pm
Quote (fender @ Mar 7 2023 04:26pm)
how much was that referee? this is unbelievable.

the penalty itself was a joke already. wolf gets hit from short distance while looking away. then havertz hits the post and the penalty gets repeated because players entered the box prematurely, first of which were CHELSEA players though?!

holy fucking rigged, lol.

The retake is randomly called depending on the referee sure, but the actual penalty call? Come on now... That's a blatant pen.
Also this mess of a Chelsea team is still clearly above Dortmund. They have a better chance to win it
Gold: 0.00
Warn: 20%
Mar 7 2023 04:14pm
Quote (Rezzakin @ 7 Mar 2023 23:08)
The retake is randomly called depending on the referee sure, but the actual penalty call? Come on now... That's a blatant pen.
Also this mess of a Chelsea team is still clearly above Dortmund. They have a better chance to win it

i told my friend before the tie that neither team will survive the next round, and these two games confirmed that to me.

regarding the re-take: usually it's only done when the team that had the positive outcome infringed upon the rules. in this case, it was a chelsea player (chilwell) who entered the box first, so giving them another chance is pure bullshit.

and no, that's also not a "blatant" pen. wolf gets hit from short distance, and he's looking away. yes, it clearly hits his arm. yes, he doesn't have it behind his back. yes, those kind of penalties are given sometimes these days (far from always though) - but realistically, most people in football agree those kinds of situations should NOT be penalties.
Mar 7 2023 04:28pm
Quote (fender @ Mar 7 2023 05:14pm)
i told my friend before the tie that neither team will survive the next round, and these two games confirmed that to me.

regarding the re-take: usually it's only done when the team that had the positive outcome infringed upon the rules. in this case, it was a chelsea player (chilwell) who entered the box first, so giving them another chance is pure bullshit.

and no, that's also not a "blatant" pen. wolf gets hit from short distance, and he's looking away. yes, it clearly hits his arm. yes, he doesn't have it behind his back. yes, those kind of penalties are given sometimes these days (far from always though) - but realistically, most people in football agree those kinds of situations should NOT be penalties.

I can see why you'd say Chelsea, but Dortmund is level on pts with Bayern. I'm pretty surprised how poor they looked honestly. The first leg Chelsea were better than this leg too.

With Tuchel I could see Chelsea having a chance winning it. With Potter...

This post was edited by Rezzakin on Mar 7 2023 04:28pm
Warn: 20%
Mar 7 2023 04:43pm
Quote (Rezzakin @ 7 Mar 2023 23:28)
I can see why you'd say Chelsea, but Dortmund is level on pts with Bayern. I'm pretty surprised how poor they looked honestly. The first leg Chelsea were better than this leg too.

With Tuchel I could see Chelsea having a chance winning it. With Potter...

fair enough, dortmund were rather poor today. particularly bellingham looked like he was trying too hard and constantly lost the ball dribbling. haller was a complete dud, as usual.

that said, dortmund was missing some crucial players: their #1 goalkeeper gregor kobel, karim adeyemi, who scored that beautiful goal in the first leg, and an in-form julian brandt, who got injured just two minutes into the game... none of that is chelseas fault of course, but it puts things into perspective.

doesn't change the fact they could easily have made extra time without that bullshit penalty (re-take). while i would agree that chelsea looked more dangerous tonight, and obviously have the better team overall (i mean, considering the hundreds of millions they spent in recent transfer periods, they should really be favourites to win every competition they're in to be fair, their budget is like 50 times that of dortmund, lol), it's not like they dominated or anything. it was a rather balanced tie overall, and the bloody ref decided it.
Mar 7 2023 04:51pm
Quote (fender @ Mar 7 2023 05:43pm)
fair enough, dortmund were rather poor today. particularly bellingham looked like he was trying too hard and constantly lost the ball dribbling. haller was a complete dud, as usual.

that said, dortmund was missing some crucial players: their #1 goalkeeper gregor kobel, karim adeyemi, who scored that beautiful goal in the first leg, and an in-form julian brandt, who got injured just two minutes into the game... none of that is chelseas fault of course, but it puts things into perspective.

doesn't change the fact they could easily have made extra time without that bullshit penalty (re-take). while i would agree that chelsea looked more dangerous tonight, and obviously have the better team overall (i mean, considering the hundreds of millions they spent in recent transfer periods, they should really be favourites to win every competition they're in to be fair, their budget is like 50 times that of dortmund, lol), it's not like they dominated or anything. it was a rather balanced tie overall, and the bloody ref decided it.

Good points. True about the budget too, but also none of the players bought are actually worth that amount. Boehly literally went crazy with those prices... Silverware or damn near close is the only option
Gold: 15.00
Mar 7 2023 05:12pm
We had some of the worst lucks ever recently.
So I think everything that happened today was well deserved.
Gold: 751.50
Mar 7 2023 05:34pm
i agree that its bullshit to call it against dortmund when chelsea goes in first

i think what triggered VAR was the fact that a dortmund player entering the box got the rebound from the post

the penalty was another awful call, but these refs are doing this all season so totally not suprising

just kicking the ball at your opponent randomly gets you a penalty these days
Warn: 50%
Mar 8 2023 05:17am
Easiest game of a decade

So deserved for the boys in blue b)
Gold: 43.99
Mar 8 2023 06:07am
Clear pen

VAR retake simply disgusting

Change rule asap
Apr 2 2023 04:06pm
Nagelsmann, Pochettino, and Enrique. Who would be best?
Go Back To World Football - Soccer Topic List
Prev1933934935936937Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll