d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Sports Coliseum > World Football - Soccer > Manchester United > Match & General Discussion
Prev1298329842985298629873157Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Banned
Gold: 4,043.00
Warn: 10%
Oct 7 2019 02:52am
Quote (ChaoCheeBye @ Oct 7 2019 09:41am)
for a start the team was already rotten. the club sold and let go players that didnt want to be here or players that could not perform to a certain level.
who's fault was it that the club was unable to replace them? ole? woodward? glazers? wouldnt ole and the scouting team have already prepared a list of replacements? or was it simply a case of waiting for the right player to become available rather than overpay like crazy?
dont forget pozer, the management includes good ol phelan. he was there when we won titles after titles. he would have given plenty of advice to ole regarding training/tactics/strategy/game management plan etc.
i am not defending ole just because he is a legend. he is doing the right things afaic. and i know we cannot lose forever, so the next 3-5 games will probably seal his fate.
Majority of it is on Solskjaer, unless you're trying to tell me it's Woodward who decides who to buy and to sell with no input from the manager.

Overpaying like crazy like Maguire? I'd genuinely rather have David Luiz, again that's another example of Solskjaer and his Brexit United agenda of signing only British players - look around Europe and see how many good players moved the clubs last summer for reasonable fees, but no i oNlY wAnT yoUNg aND BrItIsH <_<

Btw what's happening with the three rats i.e. Pogba, Martial and Shaw whose careers Jose was supposedly suffocating and Solskajer was supposed to bring the best out of them?
Gold: 300.69
Oct 7 2019 03:25am
Quote (Pozer @ Oct 7 2019 10:52am)
Majority of it is on Solskjaer, unless you're trying to tell me it's Woodward who decides who to buy and to sell with no input from the manager.

Overpaying like crazy like Maguire? I'd genuinely rather have David Luiz, again that's another example of Solskjaer and his Brexit United agenda of signing only British players - look around Europe and see how many good players moved the clubs last summer for reasonable fees, but no i oNlY wAnT yoUNg aND BrItIsH <_<

Btw what's happening with the three rats i.e. Pogba, Martial and Shaw whose careers Jose was supposedly suffocating and Solskajer was supposed to bring the best out of them?

I feel really bad for what happened to Shaws career. Guy looking incredible at Southampton.
Banned
Oct 7 2019 03:37am
Quote (Mr_Mill @ Oct 7 2019 10:25am)
I feel really bad for what happened to Shaws career. Guy looking incredible at Southampton.
So do I, but only due to the serious injury suffered at PSV.

Beyond that, if even half of the off field stories are true, he's mostly got himself to blame.
Oct 7 2019 03:39am
Quote (Pozer @ Oct 7 2019 11:37am)
So do I, but only due to the serious injury suffered at PSV.

Beyond that, if even half of the off field stories are true, he's mostly got himself to blame.

I remember that moment during the PSV match, haven't payed too much attention to the stories surrounding him afterwards unfortunatly.
Banned
Oct 7 2019 03:44am
Quote (Mr_Mill @ Oct 7 2019 10:39am)
I remember that moment during the PSV match, haven't payed too much attention to the stories surrounding him afterwards unfortunatly.
It's nothing ground breaking to be fair, just another example of footballer who's surrendered by leeches who act as his mates and being more interested in partying and drinking than playing football.

Which is a massive shame he could've been at least as good as Ashley Cole from what he's showing at Southampton.
Oct 7 2019 04:22am
Quote (Pozer @ Oct 7 2019 11:44am)
It's nothing ground breaking to be fair, just another example of footballer who's surrendered by leeches who act as his mates and being more interested in partying and drinking than playing football.

Which is a massive shame he could've been at least as good as Ashley Cole from what he's showing at Southampton.

Real shame indeed. Can compare it to likes of Wilshere then.
Gold: 2.00
Oct 7 2019 06:44am
Quote (Pozer @ Oct 7 2019 04:52pm)

that is why i am urging patience. let the manager get rid of every player stealing a living in our club. shaw and anthony both signed new contracts so they have a higher chance of staying.

the next 3 to go are pogba young and matic. whether the club still has british fetish for replacements idk, but patience pls.
even if a new manager comes in next week, that new manager needs our support to build a squad.
Banned
Oct 7 2019 07:09am
Quote (ChaoCheeBye @ Oct 7 2019 01:44pm)
that is why i am urging patience. let the manager get rid of every player stealing a living in our club. shaw and anthony both signed new contracts so they have a higher chance of staying.

the next 3 to go are pogba young and matic. whether the club still has british fetish for replacements idk, but patience pls.
even if a new manager comes in next week, that new manager needs our support to build a squad.
You know, a good test on managerial ability is whether fans of another club that is struggling would want a certain manager.

So, would bottom 3 clubs ie Watford, Norwich and Everton trade Flores, Farke and Silva respectively for Solskajaer? A massive no. Would literally any club in the league trade their manager for Solskjaer? No :lol:

There's literally zero reason for patience unless you've got big money on United finishing in bottom 10 / close to relegation zone, and not if but when the new manager comes, all he needs to have is a tiny bit of competence and we can still finish in semi respectable position, the sooner he's sacked the better.

Good read from another website -

There is sympathy for Solskjaer, promoted to a position beyond both his dreams and his acumen. But there is a reason this job came along at the time it did. United were in a complete disarray that a Treble tribute act could postpone only temporarily. Cracks were papered over but the foundations have been crumbling for some time.

Put in charge of a project destined to fail is one thing, but Solskjaer has fallen short of even the barest minimums during his reign. He looks out of his depth, over his head and submerged by the sheer scale of mismanagement. When the only argument not to sack him is that a replacement is not obvious, his days are surely numbered.

He started Fred, not the Glazers. He started Andreas Pereira, not Ed Woodward. He started Juan Mata, not Mourinho. He harbours a reputation for playing youngsters, he gave 28 combined minutes to Mason Greenwood and Tahith Chong, and he can no longer be absolved of blame. He is not the main problem, but he has become part of a smaller subset of issues.

Banned
Gold: 9,575.00
Oct 7 2019 11:09am
Whisper it quietly pozer, but man united could be in the relegation zone soon B)
Go Back To World Football - Soccer Topic List
Prev1298329842985298629873157Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll