d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Sports Coliseum > Hockey > Official Vancouver Canucks Fan Thread > We're All Canucks
Prev1833834835836837869Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 8,587.00
Jan 14 2023 10:54am
Quote (Secksii @ Jan 13 2023 09:26pm)
At this point, even couple of 7th Rd pick is considered a haul. :rofl:

Canucks bleed assets for either nothing, or wait too long til value is at its lowest.

:rofl:
Benning is going to haunt this team for a few more years sadly

Quote (LuLer @ Jan 13 2023 10:55pm)
Chances are the return is a 1st + decent prospect + roster player to even up some cap. That's just like the average/expected return.

A haul would be that prospect being a blue-chipper and that roster player being younger with some upside, but I can't see that happening, at least not without an extension in place.

Right

They will probably have to eat a bad contract from a team looking to make a push. Most teams in a position to make a run are up against the cap (I believe)
Not exactly a bad thing though, get more return on a trade especially if you’re expecting to do a traditional rebuild over the next 2-5years

If they decide to really go all in on a rebuild (which they probably should) trading Miller before his NMC kicks in would definitely increase your return.

This post was edited by SharpNips on Jan 14 2023 10:58am
Gold: 8,732.50
Jan 14 2023 12:49pm
Quote (SharpNips @ 14 Jan 2023 08:54)
:rofl:
Benning is going to haunt this team for a few more years sadly

Right

They will probably have to eat a bad contract from a team looking to make a push. Most teams in a position to make a run are up against the cap (I believe)
Not exactly a bad thing though, get more return on a trade especially if you’re expecting to do a traditional rebuild over the next 2-5years

If they decide to really go all in on a rebuild (which they probably should) trading Miller before his NMC kicks in would definitely increase your return.

it's not even Benning doing it now, it's Alvin cosplaying as him.

I'll be shocked if Alvin gets a huge return for Horvat (which i doubt cuz he's gonna be a rental) or unless they do a sign and trade.
I think one of these will happen
1. Horvat will walk and Alvin will say something along the lines of "we didn't like the offers, we were getting they were all lowballs"
2. They will re-sign Horvat to 7.5m+ x 6-8yrs. "He is the captain of this team, he is a very good player and teammate"
3. They will trade him for scraps "we didn't get any good offers, we took what we could"

This post was edited by Secksii on Jan 14 2023 12:50pm
Gold: 2,647.74
Jan 14 2023 01:26pm
Quote (Secksii @ Jan 14 2023 10:49am)
it's not even Benning doing it now, it's Alvin cosplaying as him.

Exactomundo. Of course Benning crippled the team, but Allvin/Rutherford's direction is to pretend the team was already competitive when the only time it was, we lost 3 core players for free.

Miller and Boeser (maybe even Garland) needed to be traded in the offseason if there was even a remote chance of turning the team around in short notice. Instead they gave them unmovable contracts, then added Mikheyev who won't be easy to move either, all the while Horvat and Pettersson's contracts are due to expire when the team has nearly half the cap tied up in 5 players they can't trade without taking a loss.

Pretty clear front office can't make tough decisions and like Benning they will further waste the team with poor foresight and cap crunches.
Jan 14 2023 01:29pm
Quote (Hizkuntza @ 14 Jan 2023 11:26)
Exactomundo. Of course Benning crippled the team, but Allvin/Rutherford's direction is to pretend the team was already competitive when the only time it was, we lost 3 core players for free.

Miller and Boeser (maybe even Garland) needed to be traded in the offseason if there was even a remote chance of turning the team around in short notice. Instead they gave them unmovable contracts, then added Mikheyev who won't be easy to move either, all the while Horvat and Pettersson's contracts are due to expire when the team has nearly half the cap tied up in 5 players they can't trade without taking a loss.

Pretty clear front office can't make tough decisions and like Benning they will further waste the team with poor foresight and cap crunches.

I found it hilarious as fuck when JR or someone said that everyone is available except Petey. Boy is he in for a shock when Petey doesn't wanna stay in this mess of an org and wanna go to a contender.
His agent keeps saying "petey loves it in vancouver, but doesn't like losing" as if that's suppose to tell fans that he will 100% stay here. That's how most fans feel too! They love vancouver, but hate the team losing! lmfao
He's not stupid, Alvin better be honest as fuck and pray that he will want to stick around and start competing when he's 27-31 range, instead of spewing non sense and say that they'll be competing real soon like next season :rofl:

i honestly believe that Benning was planning to wait out those 3 contracts and then build around Petey/Hughes with the core he got. However, Aqualini most likely told him that he's fired if they don't make the playoffs soon, and so he tunnel visioned on the OEL trade. Adding Garland and OEL was huge at the time, but it wasn't enough to push them into playoffs after losing marky, tanev, toffoli for nothing. So he got canned anyways and we got the worst of both.

This post was edited by Secksii on Jan 14 2023 01:33pm
Gold: 12,140.00
Jan 15 2023 02:18am
Last game Lazar over Kuzmenko.
This game Pederson over Kuzmenko.

You can't make this shit up.

I feel bad for Bruce that his replacement is already signed and he's going to be a dead man walking for a month, but his decisions continue to be baffling.
Jan 15 2023 02:28am
Quote (SharpNips @ Jan 14 2023 08:54am)

Shouldn't have to take much back, if they do it should be an expiring contract.

By the time the deadline comes around his contract won't be too large after proration, especially if we retain.

Quote (SharpNips @ Jan 14 2023 08:54am)

I would be absolutely shocked if anybody wanted Miller with his new contract now. Seems like a complete poison pill.
Jan 15 2023 02:45am
Quote (Hizkuntza @ Jan 14 2023 11:26am)

I'm starting to believe this management team might be almost as incompetent as the last one.

What a disaster of a season on pretty much all fronts lol.

Quote (Secksii @ Jan 14 2023 11:29am)
i honestly believe that Benning was planning to wait out those 3 contracts and then build around Petey/Hughes with the core he got. However, Aqualini most likely told him that he's fired if they don't make the playoffs soon, and so he tunnel visioned on the OEL trade.

Yeah that's a crock lol Benning tried to trade for OEL for two years.

Aqua wouldn't have to tell Benning that he was going to be fired, it was only natural, for being shit for 8 years.

This post was edited by LuLer on Jan 15 2023 02:46am
Jan 15 2023 03:18am
Quote (LuLer @ 15 Jan 2023 00:45)
I'm starting to believe this management team might be almost as incompetent as the last one.

What a disaster of a season on pretty much all fronts lol.

Yeah that's a crock lol Benning tried to trade for OEL for two years.

Aqua wouldn't have to tell Benning that he was going to be fired, it was only natural, for being shit for 8 years.

yeah, but the 1st year rumor was that yotes wanted Juolevi going the other way. Then the trade happened the following year after, which included those 3 expiring contracts to make the cap work.
Aqua had to tell everything to Benning, as he was his yes man and did everything he could to please him. It's the only explanation he had his job for so long and Linden left. Anyone that says no to Aqualini gets canned/quit sooner than later. Nonis (saying no to trading kesler/edler), Gillis(saying no to half ass retool), Linden (wanting to rebuild instead of retool) etc.
Everyone gets fired/quits eventually in the NHL, it only took that long because Aqualini had to accept/admit that he made poor decisions.

This new management is nuts because everyone doesn't seem to be on the same page, like there is no communication at all. Huge red flag when Aqua straight up lied/hid the fact that Bruce was hired on for a year and didn't tell JR about the 2nd year option etc. Maybe JR wouldn't be so fucking salty and disrespect Bruce so much for choosing to do the 2nd year instead of walking away like JR hoped he would. A lot of pros and cons with this new management though. JR was right that the team is trash without Demko being a god, and it's exactly that no matter how well Petey, Hughes, Horvat etc. are performing. The players they identified so far worked out decently for the team aside from Stillman, so im praying and hoping to see how well this team does when they finally get a coach THEY want, cap flexibility to do shit they want etc. but not a good sign with all these outside distractions, what FA would wanna join this joke org unless they get massively overpaid to join the circus

This post was edited by Secksii on Jan 15 2023 03:22am
Jan 15 2023 10:12am
“I just wake up every day and go to work until they tell me not to” - Bruce Boudreau on reports of his time with the Canucks coming to an end

Feelsbadman.

Classless org.

Jan 16 2023 02:12am
Nice of the Canucks to play a good game after the nail is already in the coffin for Bruce lol.

Bruce tries his hardest not to play Kuzmenko, but Kuz makes a god pass for the first goal so he puts him out with extra attacker then he makes another nice pass for the tying goal. Then he scores in the shootout too.

Just luls
Go Back To Hockey Topic List
Prev1833834835836837869Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll