d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Sports Coliseum > Hockey > Official Vancouver Canucks Fan Thread > We're All Canucks
Prev1572573574575576873Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 12,140.00
Sep 4 2019 07:48pm
Quote (Darksern @ Sep 4 2019 01:24pm)
Keller has now bumped boesers contract up in my eyes. He’s making 7.15 and if boeser was to get the same Keller would make an extra 600k/yr because of tax differences. Boeser is better and did not have a sophomore slump. I see boeser coming in at 8-8.5m min unless he takes a shorter deal.

I'd do 8 x 8 for Boeser in a heartbeat. Even if he tops out as a 30+30 guy it'll be worth it.

Chances are he's better than that, though, simply because he's good enough to be better and at the very least, he'll be strapped to EP's hip which will inflate his numbers.

This post was edited by LuLer on Sep 4 2019 07:49pm
Gold: 17,801.00
Sep 4 2019 08:46pm
Quote (LuLer @ Sep 4 2019 06:48pm)
I'd do 8 x 8 for Boeser in a heartbeat. Even if he tops out as a 30+30 guy it'll be worth it.

Chances are he's better than that, though, simply because he's good enough to be better and at the very least, he'll be strapped to EP's hip which will inflate his numbers.

I just want him to stay healthy.

Playing with Petey combined with his excellent shot I would not be surprised to see him hit 40 if he stays healthy.

Could care less about his assists. I just want to see him molded into an elite finisher. He is almost there.
Sep 4 2019 08:48pm
Quote (Hizkuntza @ Sep 4 2019 06:20pm)
you: context, logic
jimbo, probably: IF I DONT GIVE BOESER 9 MILLION HE WILL REFUSE TO REPORT TO CAMP OMG

haha this is why I want to see the deal done sooner than later.

Gold: 8,732.50
Sep 5 2019 01:02pm
Quote (LuLer @ 4 Sep 2019 18:48)

i think benning would do that too, only problem is that boeser want 4yrs.

I dont think Keller's signing affects Boeser, as Keller signed a 8 yr deal and Boeser has been looking for shorter term like 4 years. If he was looking for 8 years this whole time, and if reports suggested he's happy with 7mil, then yeah it probably would've been a problem as he could argue he should be paid more than Keller.
Sep 9 2019 08:45pm
https://canucksarmy.com/2019/09/09/the-2019-20-canucks-as-voted-by-the-fans-final-results/

The Vancouver Canucks lineup as voted by fans.

What do you all think?

As the article said there is a good chance some of these players miss large chunks of time due to injury.

What stands out to me is Eriksson and Sutter were both not seen as being good enough to crack the starting lineup. Despite their huge salaries.

Clearly some mistakes have been made. At least Sutter just has a year left. Loui on the other hand could be making 6 mil a year riding the bus in the minors.

Personally I think Goldie will get a chance to crack the top 6. If he is not able to stick there he may as well not be on the team. He is not going to be able to generate offense with players who are not talented and he is not a strong forcechecker or hitter.

It is either top 6 or bust for him.

I also have a feeling JT Miller will not be on the first line. I think he will play with Horvat and either Virtanen (if he can continue to improve) or Ferland to form a physical shutdown line that can also score. What a pain they would be to play against.

Gaudette on the 3rd line is also optimistic in my opinion. Although due to injury he might get to stay there.

Sadly Baertschi is probably too injury prone to make an impact. With that being said if he can someone manage to stay healthy I think he might be talented enough to move up to the top 6.

Virtanen will have to show improvement again this year. However bringing in Ferland and Miller really puts him against the wall. He is going to have to make the most of his ice time and fight for a spot.

On defense there is not too many surprises. You could argue about the bottom pairing guys but overall there is a lot of depth in the 3rd pairing. We just lack an elite d-man. Hopefully Hughes becomes that guy in the future and Juolevi can crack the team when injuries inevitably occur.

Biega has little talent but somehow managed to get shots through last year while bringing energy. I wish some of the talented players would carry his work ethic. Hell even Luke Schenn was looking good last year. This shows the D needs to improve if the playoffs are to happen.

This post was edited by Killingyouall on Sep 9 2019 08:48pm
Gold: 2,647.74
Sep 9 2019 09:26pm
Quote (Killingyouall @ Sep 9 2019 07:45pm)
https://canucksarmy.com/2019/09/09/the-2019-20-canucks-as-voted-by-the-fans-final-results/

The Vancouver Canucks lineup as voted by fans.

What do you all think?

As the article said there is a good chance some of these players miss large chunks of time due to injury.

What stands out to me is Eriksson and Sutter were both not seen as being good enough to crack the starting lineup. Despite their huge salaries.

Clearly some mistakes have been made. At least Sutter just has a year left. Loui on the other hand could be making 6 mil a year riding the bus in the minors.

Personally I think Goldie will get a chance to crack the top 6. If he is not able to stick there he may as well not be on the team. He is not going to be able to generate offense with players who are not talented and he is not a strong forcechecker or hitter.

It is either top 6 or bust for him.

I also have a feeling JT Miller will not be on the first line. I think he will play with Horvat and either Virtanen (if he can continue to improve) or Ferland to form a physical shutdown line that can also score. What a pain they would be to play against.

Gaudette on the 3rd line is also optimistic in my opinion. Although due to injury he might get to stay there.

Sadly Baertschi is probably too injury prone to make an impact. With that being said if he can someone manage to stay healthy I think he might be talented enough to move up to the top 6.

Virtanen will have to show improvement again this year. However bringing in Ferland and Miller really puts him against the wall. He is going to have to make the most of his ice time and fight for a spot.

On defense there is not too many surprises. You could argue about the bottom pairing guys but overall there is a lot of depth in the 3rd pairing. We just lack an elite d-man. Hopefully Hughes becomes that guy in the future and Juolevi can crack the team when injuries inevitably occur.

Biega has little talent but somehow managed to get shots through last year while bringing energy. I wish some of the talented players would carry his work ethic. Hell even Luke Schenn was looking good last year. This shows the D needs to improve if the playoffs are to happen.

Sutter will surely be in the starting lineup over Gaudette. And if Louie can't outplay Leivo or Pearson, goddamn.

Either way our lineup looks so mediocre even when fully healthy. Sure, got some game changing forwards but no such thing either in our blue line or in the net... at best we're competing with other playoffs bubble teams. Going to need Hughes to mature quickly and Boeser/Bo/Petey to take a big step forward to remain competitive. And if we lose either Bo or Petey for an extended period of time we're fucked.
Gold: 13,891.00
Sep 9 2019 10:06pm
Peterson is the next Datsyuk imo. That hurt to say it.

People will come to VAN soon. Couple good depth moves in the next year and they'll get there.
Need a lot of pieces but I think people will come play with these kids eventually
Sep 9 2019 10:36pm
Goldie - Petey - Boeser (I'd start the season with Goldie on this line, since i dont see him fit anywhere else and he could only play well with Petey)
Baertschi - Horvat - Pearson (see how baertchi does with his concussion history, he's dope when he's healthy)
Ferland - Miller - Virtanen (gives virtanen a chance to score 20g?)
Eriksson - Beagle - Sutter
Motte, Leivo TOO MANY BODIES M8, INb4 someone gets injured in pre-season

Edler - Stecher
Hughes - Tanev
Benn - Myers
Biega

Gold: 27,914.53
Sep 9 2019 10:44pm
I like mottes work ethic and I think leivo plays a solid game most nights. Def prefer them both over at the very least ericksson and goldy assuming he doesn’t stick. Possibly even sutter
Sep 9 2019 10:50pm
Quote (Darksern @ 9 Sep 2019 21:44)
I like mottes work ethic and I think leivo plays a solid game most nights. Def prefer them both over at the very least ericksson and goldy assuming he doesn’t stick. Possibly even sutter

agreed, but i dont see Sutter being benched by Green if he's healthy.

Leivo will probably play with Virt if miller or ferland gets moved up
Go Back To Hockey Topic List
Prev1572573574575576873Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll