d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > d2jsp > Ladder Slasher > Ladder Slasher Mentoring Service > Come Offer And Receive This Assistance!
Prev14567812Next
Closed New Topic New Poll
Gold: 7,197.77
Warn: 10%
Jul 24 2009 02:34am
couldnt reply to this earlier due to exams, but here we go :)

personally, i like the idea because it could grow to another help service operating on a different field than the helpers list,
namely offering a more personal, intense and especially long term oriented assistance for a single person seeking help.

of course, more close relationships and aid over a longer period of time is possible in the helpers list, too,
but usually people were contacted with specific questions or offering their help in single threads.

thats why i do not think this service would be unnecessary or needless because we have something similar already,
but in contrast i see a huge potential of this thread to develop and become another piece of the whole project of helping people playing ladder slasher.

about a year back, the helpers list was mainly founded as an additional service to answer specific questions in the discussion forums
by experts able and above all willing to take the time and effort to help.

back then, there was no ls portal, the number of guides was much smaller, a lot of them not up to date any more.
as a beginner, one usually had a much harder time to get into the game and develop. ( e.g. no catacombs, lower drop rates and so on )
a number of players with a certain desire to play the game got lost in this and did not have the motivation to continue.

hence this service should help to encourage the community to increase helping activity especially for starters in need of help
and raise the general activity in the (sub)forum to make people aware that they will receive help there if they ask.
many people did not dare or bother to ask or eventually didnt know where to ask before because their questions were not answered or it took quite a lot of time.
therefore they e.g. pmed people they thought might be able to help e.g. because they wrote a guide once, but some of them did not have the time or had already retired.
naturally, this situation was not ideal because finding help was quite tricky. as a result, a number of players didnt ask at all and quit sooner or later or used the main forums.

but this way people seeking help should receive a kind of orientation who to contact for certain questions and fields also depending on the language spoken.
it should be made easier people to find places for help like the guide collection, sub forums and such and to receive this help afterwards.

in general, we can certainly say the situation improved a lot in the meantime. of course, there is always something to improve, but we are on a very good path now.
there are more guides, the ls portal, projects and a broader desire in the community to help each other which will be to the benefit of everyone in the end.
The beginners of yesterday, and remember each of us had to start somewhere, will become the pros of tomorrow.
They will become active slashers for their guilds, catacomb partners, trading partners and so on. Sooner or later everyone will profit from such a development.
The game is meant to be played as a group, helping each other and relying on each other.

e.g. if you see and rage about no catacomb games being open or people in your games having no idea what to do or the market being not in the best situation
you should ask yourself for the "why?" and how this can be improved.

complaining about this will not change it. everyone willing to get active and help on this will contribute a large part to make this situation better.

if you help someone and explain him the basics of a catacomb run for instance, he has the chance to improve and can pay this back as a stronger player next time.
and of course, you and everyone else will profit from this if catacomb runs are played by people who know what they do :)

To conclude, i would say this is the reason everyone with an honest desire to help
and every project with this aim should be supported to the benefit of the whole community and the whole game in the end.

from my own experience, i know that it is not easy at times to run such projects and there will always be difficulties coming up.
but if you have the endurance to go on and continue to put your efforts into it, it will work in the end and many players will be very glad and thankful to receive this aid.
Gold: 985.14
Jul 24 2009 04:03am
Quote (NaRa @ Fri, Jul 24 2009, 04:34am)
couldnt reply to this earlier due to exams, but here we go :)

personally, i like the idea because it could grow to another help service operating on a different field than the helpers list,
namely offering a more personal, intense and especially long term oriented assistance for a single person seeking help.

of course, more close relationships and aid over a longer period of time is possible in the helpers list, too,
but usually people were contacted with specific questions or offering their help in single threads.

thats why i do not think this service would be unnecessary or needless because we have something similar already,
but in contrast i see a huge potential of this thread to develop and become another piece of the whole project of helping people playing ladder slasher.

about a year back, the helpers list was mainly founded as an additional service to answer specific questions in the discussion forums
by experts able and above all willing to take the time and effort to help.

back then, there was no ls portal, the number of guides was much smaller, a lot of them not up to date any more.
as a beginner, one usually had a much harder time to get into the game and develop. ( e.g. no catacombs, lower drop rates and so on )
a number of players with a certain desire to play the game got lost in this and did not have the motivation to continue.

hence this service should help to encourage the community to increase helping activity especially for starters in need of help
and raise the general activity in the (sub)forum to make people aware that they will receive help there if they ask.
many people did not dare or bother to ask or eventually didnt know where to ask before because their questions were not answered or it took quite a lot of time.
therefore they e.g. pmed people they thought might be able to help e.g. because they wrote a guide once, but some of them did not have the time or had already retired.
naturally, this situation was not ideal because finding help was quite tricky. as a result, a number of players didnt ask at all and quit sooner or later or used the main forums.

but this way people seeking help should receive a kind of orientation who to contact for certain questions and fields also depending on the language spoken.
it should be made easier people to find places for help like the guide collection, sub forums and such and to receive this help afterwards.

in general, we can certainly say the situation improved a lot in the meantime. of course, there is always something to improve, but we are on a very good path now.
there are more guides, the ls portal, projects and a broader desire in the community to help each other which will be to the benefit of everyone in the end.
The beginners of yesterday, and remember each of us had to start somewhere, will become the pros of tomorrow.
They will become active slashers for their guilds, catacomb partners, trading partners and so on. Sooner or later everyone will profit from such a development.
The game is meant to be played as a group, helping each other and relying on each other.

e.g. if you see and rage about no catacomb games being open or people in your games having no idea what to do or the market being not in the best situation
you should ask yourself for the "why?" and how this can be improved.

complaining about this will not change it. everyone willing to get active and help on this will contribute a large part to make this situation better.

if you help someone and explain him the basics of a catacomb run for instance, he has the chance to improve and can pay this back as a stronger player next time.
and of course, you and everyone else will profit from this if catacomb runs are played by people who know what they do :)

To conclude, i would say this is the reason everyone with an honest desire to help
and every project with this aim should be supported to the benefit of the whole community and the whole game in the end.

from my own experience, i know that it is not easy at times to run such projects and there will always be difficulties coming up.
but if you have the endurance to go on and continue to put your efforts into it, it will work in the end and many players will be very glad and thankful to receive this aid.

Thank you for taking the time to go into such detail with the history behind all of this. I agree that the mentoring program can potentially make a unique addition to the current help services the LS community provides. I'm in this for the long haul no matter what happens with it, but hopefully we'll only see increased usage and support as time passes by. This is something that the entire community can come together to learn from and help with throughout their LS careers.

I'm working on some changes as I see this progressing and receive feedback from everyone as well. :)

This post was edited by mwm_zyxcba on Jul 24 2009 04:07am
Gold: 105.12
Jul 24 2009 05:25pm
Quote (mwm_zyxcba @ Fri, Jul 24 2009, 04:03am)
Thank you for taking the time to go into such detail with the history behind all of this. I agree that the mentoring program can potentially make a unique addition to the current help services the LS community provides. I'm in this for the long haul no matter what happens with it, but hopefully we'll only see increased usage and support as time passes by. This is something that the entire community can come together to learn from and help with throughout their LS careers.

I'm working on some changes as I see this progressing and receive feedback from everyone as well. :)

I definitely agree with all of what you guys are saying.

But the first thing this needs is a sticky I'd say ;)
Gold: 6,545.00
Jul 25 2009 02:49am
even if there's a lot of advice on the forums i guess that would help for ppl who doesn't check it our first cos they don't know they exist ... but u should first but every single guide for ls in ur thread and then awnser questions if they got more inquirys ... that's my opinions... but most of the ppl don't really check that out and just ask on ls forum what 2 do so even if u get that one sticky ( would be nice but still ) most of the ppl would keep ask for advice on ls forum just as usual and would be refer 2 a link for their anwser. so would be kinda the same execpt ur idea is like more easier for the new ppl that r a little lazy ;)

gl with that hope it will work :)
Gold: Locked
Trader: Scammer
Warn: 20%
Jul 25 2009 12:55pm
Quote (snoramej @ Tue, Jul 21 2009, 03:45pm)
pming :)

Was a lot of help, appreciate it, sorry didn't post sooner, haven't been around.
Gold: 45,851.04
Jul 25 2009 01:28pm
How do you make it so you can autoattack agian, I cant remember how nor can I find the guide that said how
Gold: 30,363.04
Jul 25 2009 01:36pm
Quote (Kelden @ Sat, 25 Jul 2009, 21:28)
How do you make it so you can autoattack agian, I cant remember how nor can I find the guide that said how

hold (or fix) down arrow key and klick monster once
Gold: 5,718.00
Jul 25 2009 01:56pm
Quote (mwm_zyxcba @ Fri, Jul 17 2009, 08:46pm)
This is in no way an attempt to replace LS Advisors, but is rather an expansion of what we offer in that location. I'm obviously aware of that thread as I'm involved with it as well. =)

This service would act to explain anything a user does not understand. Reading all of the LS information is a huge undertaking which few will ever do, but even those who have done it may still very well have a plethora of questions that need answering. Having an experienced player to help you when needed is a huge benefit for anyone learning the game.

Thanks for your help with this from the start. :)

Heh I've helped my fair share of noobs and i'm here to say that it would be a lot easier if they weren't lazy and were to just read all the sticky's it gets pretty Redundant answering the same Stupid question 3 times a day when it's all Spelled out in the stickies i Think helping is a good idea but They should also Take the time if t hey are truely interested in learning the game to read about it...... Doug I did Lol But didn't mean i didn't come to you for the Price Checks ha ha ha ha ha " Oh shit jimmy just mq'd here comes the barrage of Price checks Run" ^_^
Gold: 33,836.87
Jul 26 2009 10:04am
Free Bump

This post was edited by Stok3d on Jul 26 2009 10:28am
Gold: 0.00
Jul 26 2009 12:34pm
hey all its me again hehe

i need help on ee charms for a poor person.

what do u think is the best set to try and aim for if am poor?

and its hardcore btw

This post was edited by AtomicStone on Jul 26 2009 12:37pm
Go Back To Ladder Slasher Topic List
Prev14567812Next
Closed New Topic New Poll