d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Entertainment Room > Movies & TV Shows > Name The Last Movie You Watched>
Prev1187018711872187318742185Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 0.00
Oct 17 2017 09:00am
The Dark Knight (not the first time tho)

one of the best movies ever imo... i just mention Heath Ledger (rip) as Joker
Gold: 1,089.00
Oct 17 2017 11:02am
Quote (jadeoshbogosh @ 17 Oct 2017 08:58)
Dark Tower - It was better than I expected, but I had 0 expectations for this film. Had to remind myself going into it, that not a single thing was going to be like the novels based off the previews and I'm glad I had that mindset.

Movie takes place after the books, but they apparently are going to do an HBO series that goes over the books, and that could be INSANELY EPIC. The ending was painfully anticlimactic, but I thought McConaughey did a great job as the man in black and I thought they showcased that he's broken OP just fine, because he should be, guy is a God. Also, it was a bit more brutal than I expected with just murdering off the kids family. Movie was meh overall but watchable if you lower expectations, but this series has me hyped as a mother fucker, HBO has killed it with shit like this, send this could help fill the void that'll be left by GOT next year lol.

6/10 for the movie
I think the series will be 8.5/10 at least, and people should watch this first probably. Ofc I always encourage people to read, but it seems like fewer and fewer people enjoy a good book. Going to be getting a mystical/scfi/magic fucking overdose with Westworld/American Gods/GoT and hopefully The Dark Tower series

i'd be watching that series!

Last movie i've watched is the original stargate movie with Kurt Russel, kinda ok
Gold: 250.00
Warn: 10%
Oct 17 2017 12:50pm
Quote (Awoudex @ Oct 17 2017 09:02am)
i'd be watching that series!

Last movie i've watched is the original stargate movie with Kurt Russel, kinda ok

I know that movie is super cheesy a bit dated, but I fucking LOVE IT. You did know that the scientist is James Spader right (blacklist), seems like he's just as important to list as Russel is these days lol.
Gold: 10,025.00
Oct 17 2017 03:55pm
Quote (jadeoshbogosh @ Oct 17 2017 01:58am)
Dark Tower - It was better than I expected, but I had 0 expectations for this film. Had to remind myself going into it, that not a single thing was going to be like the novels based off the previews and I'm glad I had that mindset.

Movie takes place after the books, but they apparently are going to do an HBO series that goes over the books, and that could be INSANELY EPIC. The ending was painfully anticlimactic, but I thought McConaughey did a great job as the man in black and I thought they showcased that he's broken OP just fine, because he should be, guy is a God. Also, it was a bit more brutal than I expected with just murdering off the kids family. Movie was meh overall but watchable if you lower expectations, but this series has me hyped as a mother fucker, HBO has killed it with shit like this, send this could help fill the void that'll be left by GOT next year lol.

6/10 for the movie
I think the series will be 8.5/10 at least, and people should watch this first probably. Ofc I always encourage people to read, but it seems like fewer and fewer people enjoy a good book. Going to be getting a mystical/scfi/magic fucking overdose with Westworld/American Gods/GoT and hopefully The Dark Tower series

Feel asleep during this movie. Not something that ever happens to me. This is only the second time. Not even sure if worth revisiting. The little bits I got between naps didn't interest me one bit. Which is a shame because I was hoping it would be good.
Oct 17 2017 03:58pm
Quote (Blah58 @ Oct 17 2017 01:55pm)
Feel asleep during this movie. Not something that ever happens to me. This is only the second time. Not even sure if worth revisiting. The little bits I got between naps didn't interest me one bit. Which is a shame because I was hoping it would be good.

It's not a great movie, but I don't see how you could fall asleep in it...
Gold: 10,025.00
Oct 17 2017 04:13pm
Quote (jadeoshbogosh @ Oct 17 2017 02:58pm)
It's not a great movie, but I don't see how you could fall asleep in it...

I was tired and uninterested.
Gold: 102.37
Oct 21 2017 12:54pm
Die Blechtrommel (The Tin Drum)

Strange, surreal and great. Realy liked it.
Gold: 1,089.00
Oct 21 2017 08:39pm
'it' 2017

I liked the shock and horror of it, but i was disappointed with how the characters were portrayed, they were flat. The story development felt mechanical and forced and served only as the thinnest string to tie everything together. This is not how i remember the original.
In the original they focussed on how IT slowly progressed from something seen in the corner of your eye all the way to something that grabbed you. In this movie, IT was dialed up to 10 from the start.

I like to be taken in by the story and for that to happen, the characters need to be well rounded and the story must progress in a somewhat natural way despite it being horror. Since IT was dialed up to 10 from the get go, the whole movie felt like one long 'up the attic' trope.
I liked the way pennywise was portrayed. Not everything needs to be the same.

If you like effects and such, and are ok with a paperthin story and character development, then 'it''s for you.
Just my opinion of course, feel free to differ
Gold: 3,277.66
Oct 22 2017 09:27am
Alien Covenant.

GOD WHY RIDLEY SCOTT. Like 45 minutes was Michael Fastbender eye banging himself, literally. It's him playing both characters.

Not a ton of hallmark Alien Tension. Inexplicable Genocide of an intelligent engineer (different Alien) population that could have advanced the plot, inexplicable off screen killing of The last movies Herione, and with her the entire reason for Prometheus existing.

like 4/10 would not watch again.
Oct 22 2017 09:59am
Quote (kclla @ Oct 22 2017 07:27am)
Alien Covenant.

GOD WHY RIDLEY SCOTT. Like 45 minutes was Michael Fastbender eye banging himself, literally. It's him playing both characters.

Not a ton of hallmark Alien Tension. Inexplicable Genocide of an intelligent engineer (different Alien) population that could have advanced the plot, inexplicable off screen killing of The last movies Herione, and with her the entire reason for Prometheus existing.

like 4/10 would not watch again.

Vouch

What pisses me off the most, is that I hated Prometheus, and all I wanted was for Fassbender's character to kill everyone. Then, they go and make a new movie and of fucking course Fassbender does kill everyone (which was about as obvious as it could possibly fucking be), and the switch at the end was the biggest duh moment in movie history since forever.
Go Back To Movies & TV Shows Topic List
Prev1187018711872187318742185Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll