d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate > What Is A God?
Prev1789101118Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 1.66
Apr 5 2024 05:37pm
Quote (TiStuff @ Apr 5 2024 04:32pm)
bible uses the term "willingly ignorant"
also
1 Timothy 6:20
“O Timothy, keep that which is committed to thy trust, avoiding profane and vain babblings, and oppositions of science falsely so called:”

King James Version (KJV)

Acceptance ignorance is a healthy thing to do. Humility is healthy.
Gold: 2,967.00
Warn: 10%
Apr 5 2024 05:51pm
Quote (Handcuffs @ 5 Apr 2024 17:43)
What is it that you feel I'm admitting?

You said consciousness ends IF everything dies at once. I said consciousness can't be "removed" as it is the means/strata that all things happen. God/Consciousness/Existence are the same thing. That's my opinion. Feel free to say they aren't I'd understand.

Then you just said inanimate objects could be the origin of life.

Does that not negate the 1st?

"Oh shit all living things are dead...bummer! But wait this rock just hit another rock and the energy created a microbial organism".

We've been going back and fourth for a while and my brain needs a rest lol.

I appreciate the conversation. This was 100x better then the normal political who-ha we all are normally talking about.
Apr 5 2024 06:07pm
Quote (EndlessSky @ 5 Apr 2024 17:59)
Wow, you really have gone full-monk. Sounds like bhakti yoga.

Humility is definitely a good thing in this world.

I did 3 years out of the 10 required to become a monk in the Ramakrishna Math Mission.

Karma yoga was my cup of tea. I didn't get as much from the daily rituals and scripture itself.

I liked to volunteer and do the things no one wanted to do. Mop floors. Clean restrooms. Clean rooms guests stayed in. Maintain the 3 properties under the order.

I went from cutting grass making cash to landscaping around temples and getting the respect of other devotees. I was already financially "free" and so I wanted a motivation that wasn't "money".

Chanting the name of God(the one I was given when I was initiated) until I thought of nothing else and my work became 2nd nature.

I didn't become a monk because I wasn't the type to tell random people who walked in the temple, "This is the bees knees!" "This is the way".

Most Vedantist get to know God and then you are literally so content there's nothing left to do. There's nothing left to say.

I still do the same things I've always done at the temple. Namely things that older people can't physically do or things that most "Rich/Scholarly" Hindus think is "below them".

I just have a better understanding of things and come from a place of love and not greed.

I was good but Vedanta made me better. Not perfect.

That's why I think religion/philosophy can be a good thing.
Apr 5 2024 06:08pm
Quote (gnarjay @ 5 Apr 2024 17:58)
'noah's flood' :rofl:

Pole reversals don't happen? :bouncy:

All cultures talk of a massive flood in pre history?

What's strange about that?
Apr 5 2024 06:12pm
Quote (sirthom @ 5 Apr 2024 17:45)
You see a Hexagram can also be represented as a star or cube correct?
Let's focus on the cube first.
The Kaaba in Mecca is a black cube.
Are you aware of the Black Stone meteorite set into the eastern corner of the Kaaba?
The Black Stone has never been analyzed with modern scientific techniques and its origins remain the subject of speculation, however signs point to Saturn yet again.
See how even the people swirl around, just like the storm?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lNIsdNxsOGc
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LcmNMWG9vqA

Ahhhh now I see it thanks brother!

Saturn's rings, "The King maker".

I knew about the Kabba and the meteorite in the corner that they all go touch on their pilgrimage. "Not allowed to be tested"----Strange why wouldn't they want to prove where it's from?

Is this a sign to them that they are "gods chosen people" or do they think they are using ancient magic by tapping into the other planetary bodies around us?
Gold: 35,396.24
Apr 5 2024 06:24pm
Quote (SwamiVivekananda @ Apr 5 2024 07:12pm)
Ahhhh now I see it thanks brother!

Saturn's rings, "The King maker".

I knew about the Kabba and the meteorite in the corner that they all go touch on their pilgrimage. "Not allowed to be tested"----Strange why wouldn't they want to prove where it's from?

Is this a sign to them that they are "gods chosen people" or do they think they are using ancient magic by tapping into the other planetary bodies around us?

For some, their faith is their proof.
To test it is to question that faith.

As for the signs vs magic, both are true.
But it's more subtle and nuanced than that and intentionally obfuscated.
Gold: 2.77
Apr 5 2024 06:29pm
Quote (SwamiVivekananda @ Apr 5 2024 03:00pm)
I'm retired and no I wouldn't.

I built and sold a lawn maintenance business with a childhood friend. Cutting grass for 10-12 hours a day 5 days a week for 10 years doesn't give you much time to even eat, let alone bitch. :rofl:

If either of us bitched we'd start singing, "BBB" "baby back bitch" to each other.

I consider myself blessed to have only had to work with one other person my entire working years.

That makes a lot of sense
Gold: 16,514.00
Apr 5 2024 06:57pm
Quote (SwamiVivekananda @ Apr 5 2024 05:08pm)
Pole reversals don't happen? :bouncy:

All cultures talk of a massive flood in pre history?

What's strange about that?

all these cultures' floods are mythical, like the flood in Genesis and in the Epic of Gilgamesh. Ti's video tries to somehow tie in Noah's flood as a rebuttal to a scientific argument (a mythical flood from a few thousand years ago vs the Miller–Urey experiment/4.5billion year old earth). the context is whats hilarious to me. i get a big kick out of people using religion to argue against science
Gold: 246.69
Apr 5 2024 07:04pm
evidence of psychosis
Gold: 2,955.95
Apr 5 2024 11:05pm
Quote (gnarjay @ Apr 5 2024 05:57pm)
all these cultures' floods are mythical, like the flood in Genesis and in the Epic of Gilgamesh. Ti's video tries to somehow tie in Noah's flood as a rebuttal to a scientific argument (a mythical flood from a few thousand years ago vs the Miller–Urey experiment/4.5billion year old earth). the context is whats hilarious to me. i get a big kick out of people using religion to argue against science

they all have the same 'imaginary myth...........

i didnt use the flood to argue against the millerurey experiment. not even close .....................lil hoglet

while we are her can you tell me what the largest sedimentary layer in the world is??? bet you cant bet you cant REEEE boi REEEEEE

This post was edited by TiStuff on Apr 5 2024 11:07pm
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev1789101118Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll