Gold: 5.50
Mar 27 2024 03:06am
Quote (zeLL072 @ 26 Mar 2024 18:01)
3 posts in a row, you're a bit obsessed with d4

Lol, bro you mad.
Mar 27 2024 03:13am
Quote (Crossed @ 27 Mar 2024 03:21)
They are extremely fundamental, the pits are the least exciting thing they are adding/changing by far.

-completely reworked the codex of power and aspect system
-removed all the dumb very situational affixes in favor of making everything more universal which opens up the variety of potential builds immensely
-did the same thing with skills to make nearly everything possible to synergize with any item
-reworked the gear upgrading system
-added a new crafting system (basically yoinked Last Epoch's forging system)
-reworked every skill with the ability to scale instead of having flat damage
-added a whole other tier of affixes
-made everything tradable except uber uniques
-redesigned the leveling process and made it much more worth it to tackle harder challenges
-yeeted and deleted the (strong) possibilities of getting junk relative to the content you are doing
-added the ability to play the game zoomed out more

And they haven't even talked about the new season 4 mechanics/theme yet

Strange that you call pit least exciting, that's the only viable end game option as far as I can understand.

I still think changes will make it better for players who like the game, no doubt about that. Other than that it's just good old useless diablo 4.

Yes, crafting probably copied from Last Epoch and it is ofc better than nothing, but I mean higher numbers on items are not fundamental change.
Gold: 22,095.00
Mar 27 2024 07:12am
Quote (Madmaxio @ Mar 27 2024 05:13am)
Strange that you call pit least exciting, that's the only viable end game option as far as I can understand.

I still think changes will make it better for players who like the game, no doubt about that. Other than that it's just good old useless diablo 4.

Yes, crafting probably copied from Last Epoch and it is ofc better than nothing, but I mean higher numbers on items are not fundamental change.

not fair to call the itemization changes simply "higher numbers" imo. Crossed and I dont agree on much, but I do think the addition of the Pit is the least of my concern this season, I agree with him on that.
unless im mistaken, the mandate for s4 was to fix itemization, not necessarily the end-game. that will come at a later time and yes it should of be been better and yes a viable end-game should have come with the games launch.
you cant deny that the hunt for items is in fact a big part of the end-game so itemization changes should help in that regard. we also cant forget that helltide is getting re-worked too.

at this point i want them to overhaul the game as much as they can. big decision will be when its time to pay for the expansion and if it will be worth it at that point given how the games evolved.
right now, more junk from the devs is simply status quo and any improvement is welcomed. im guessing the expansion will be s6, so hopefully more issues are addressed between now and then.

if the itemization updates are a flop, justifying the purchase of the expansion will be very difficult.

This post was edited by C4NTWO on Mar 27 2024 07:21am
Gold: 54.64
Mar 27 2024 07:31am
Quote (Madmaxio @ Mar 27 2024 10:06am)
Lol, bro you mad.

me? :rofl: ok
Mar 27 2024 10:51am
Quote (C4NTWO @ 27 Mar 2024 16:12)
not fair to call the itemization changes simply "higher numbers" imo. Crossed and I dont agree on much, but I do think the addition of the Pit is the least of my concern this season, I agree with him on that.
unless im mistaken, the mandate for s4 was to fix itemization, not necessarily the end-game. that will come at a later time and yes it should of be been better and yes a viable end-game should have come with the games launch.
you cant deny that the hunt for items is in fact a big part of the end-game so itemization changes should help in that regard. we also cant forget that helltide is getting re-worked too.

at this point i want them to overhaul the game as much as they can. big decision will be when its time to pay for the expansion and if it will be worth it at that point given how the games evolved.
right now, more junk from the devs is simply status quo and any improvement is welcomed. im guessing the expansion will be s6, so hopefully more issues are addressed between now and then.

if the itemization updates are a flop, justifying the purchase of the expansion will be very difficult.

I don't understand you guys at all. Yes, they reworked crafting but it is now tied to the pit - if you refuse to run the pit you will not get those 12 levels of upgrades per item. And as far as I understand those upgrades make big difference in item power.

And again, pit at least offer some randomness, I think people will choose it instead of farming bosses or nightmare dungeons.
Gold: 612.00
Mar 27 2024 10:54am
Not undersrand why they wait so much time to let the trade of all items being a thing.
By the way they must change something on pvp too...and stop to put alwsys a higher number item power

This post was edited by GLURMO on Mar 27 2024 10:54am
Gold: 7,649.00
Mar 27 2024 03:07pm
Quote (Madmaxio @ Mar 27 2024 04:51pm)
I don't understand you guys at all. Yes, they reworked crafting but it is now tied to the pit - if you refuse to run the pit you will not get those 12 levels of upgrades per item. And as far as I understand those upgrades make big difference in item power.

And again, pit at least offer some randomness, I think people will choose it instead of farming bosses or nightmare dungeons.

thats the problem ... what so diff about pit then d3 rifts ?
can say same thing about gauntlet ... i mean just lol dont even wanna get into details about that one

i mean u run hours and hours and bang againts same wall ..

problem this game has its beyond what they have just done ....

this game doesnt have a pvp system .... got nothing againts pve .. but sometimes u just need a break and enjoy some pvp , releax , have some fun .. thats what keeps the D2 on top on this game ... thats why u got more players count in d2 then d4 currently

the changes they made are good but not enough in my Pov

This post was edited by Jinx35 on Mar 27 2024 03:08pm
Gold: 815.00
Mar 27 2024 08:02pm
Quote (Jinx35 @ Mar 27 2024 05:07pm)
thats the problem ... what so diff about pit then d3 rifts ?
can say same thing about gauntlet ... i mean just lol dont even wanna get into details about that one

i mean u run hours and hours and bang againts same wall ..

problem this game has its beyond what they have just done ....

this game doesnt have a pvp system .... got nothing againts pve .. but sometimes u just need a break and enjoy some pvp , releax , have some fun .. thats what keeps the D2 on top on this game ... thats why u got more players count in d2 then d4 currently

the changes they made are good but not enough in my Pov

Agree that we will need more changes to make it enjoyable.
At least it's going in the right direction we can all agree on this: it won't be worse than it was!!
Gold: 1,100.00
Mar 28 2024 12:22am
Quote (Madmaxio @ Mar 27 2024 02:13am)

I'm not a fan of rifts, in my mind they are only a means to an end and the end is when my build gets strong enough to defeat whatever the hardest pinnacle boss is.

After that it's time for a new build or PvP or go HC.

I have zero interest in infinite progression or leaderboards.

This post was edited by Crossed on Mar 28 2024 12:23am
Gold: 3.00
Mar 28 2024 06:36pm
Quote (Crossed @ Mar 28 2024 02:22am)
I'm not a fan of rifts, in my mind they are only a means to an end and the end is when my build gets strong enough to defeat whatever the hardest pinnacle boss is.

After that it's time for a new build or PvP or go HC.

I have zero interest in infinite progression or leaderboards.

i would hope they never even think to add infinite paragon levels...
Go Back To D4 Discussion Topic List
Prev14567Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll