d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate > Taiwan Is Part Of China
Prev12348Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 4,730.00
Feb 5 2024 09:06am
Quote (Ghot @ Feb 5 2024 10:59pm)
What I posted does matter.
China just can't claim ownership of all the seas around them, at least not completely.
Taiwan is a part of one of the "seas" China is laying claim to.

China's main issue is that they think everyone in the world thinks like they do.
They worry, that if Taiwan is business, economic, government friendly with the sane part of the world, that the world will all go to Taiwan, so they can attack China.

What China doesn't understand, is that the rest of the world, doesn't "want" China.
They just want to protect themselves, from China's expansionist policies.

Some countries just haven't figured out that there is no... free for the taking land... left.
If countries want to "expand" they will have to do so in space.
All the expansion on this planet is already finished.

1. that really depends on how you define "everyone in the world" - one has to realise america is not the world, and the american thinking is only one perspective, im pretty sure the saudis, russians, brazlians would like to comment here.
2. as i said those are different topics, nine dashed lines or not, taiwan is the point of discussio here, and taiwan, the geographical area, has always been part of china, if you know history, it is not taking any land, rather some lost party is taking that land, part of china's, and claiming it to be another country, hence my comparison with democrats going to hawaii
3. china has like 1 military base in djibouti to fight pirates, the us has 700, does the rest of the world want american invovlement? just as快iraq, cuba, venezuela, egypt, vietnam, afghanistan... and the list goes on
4. on expansionist policy, so i wonder how many states had the US had when it went independant, and how many it has now. also we all know NATO is controlled by the US, and i wonder how many more contries it signed up after the soviet disintegrated, which was the whole point of nato..

This post was edited by imshenny on Feb 5 2024 09:30am
Gold: 1,890.00
Warn: 10%
Feb 5 2024 09:54am
Quote (imshenny @ Feb 5 2024 09:04am)
1. taiwan doesnt have the weapon systems to hit that far, even if it does, theres tonne of missle defense systems by the coast to easily shoot it down
2. 3 gorges is a gravity dam, those damns are typically designed to withstand nuclear blasts...

1.Yes they do. "Easily shooting down" ballistic missles is harder than it seems. China's AA would have to be extraordinary because Taiwan has a stockpile of tens of thousands of mrbms for this exact purpose.
2. It's the juiciest target in all of China, in the event of an invasion, it will become priority target #1.

Let's play out this wargame:
There's 2 scenarios. Scen 1: China tries to take Taiwan without killing everyone. This would have to be done via a naval landing of troops to gain a beachhead. This would be disastrous for any nation but China does have the numbers to pull this off. Whoever gains air superiority over Taiwan wins this scenario and Taiwan airforce and aa batteries are top notch.

Scenario 2: China doesn't care about casualties: no landing of troops, instead China launches a barrage of missles from their navy/jets/land based units. Taiwan replies in kind and its all in all a total clusterfuck. These scenarios assume the US is too busy elsewhere to come to the immediate aid of Taiwan because if the US can mobilize fast enough, China can't do a ground invasion and instead has to lob missles. Basically it comes down to how long Taiwan can hold out before uncle sam shows up.
Gold: 5,895.00
Feb 5 2024 10:01am
Quote (imshenny @ Feb 5 2024 08:16am)
- historically it has always been part of China
- two parties within China had a difference and one took over an island, doesn’t make it a new country
- Taiwan is universally recognised as a region in China, just like Barcelona is well recognised as a region in Spain

Thx Xi.
Gold: 26,337.70
Feb 5 2024 10:18am
Posting in a paid actors China propaganda thread
Feb 5 2024 10:23am
Quote (said_aouita @ Feb 6 2024 12:01am)
Thx Xi.

Quote (Crunkt @ Feb 6 2024 12:18am)
Posting in a paid actors China propaganda thread

It’s a debate, please stick to facts and not political biases. If you disagree or agree, feel free to state your argument, just dont solely lean on what the media is brain washing you with.
Gold: 5,895.00
Feb 5 2024 10:30am
Quote (imshenny @ Feb 5 2024 11:23am)
I If you disagree or agree, feel free to state your argument,.

The ROC disagrees with you, and since they run Tiawan it's the only opinion that matters.

So in other words, you are the one who's brain washed.

China's future is becoming the next North Korea.

Buh bye
Feb 5 2024 10:33am
Quote (said_aouita @ Feb 6 2024 12:30am)
The ROC disagrees with you, and since they run Tiawan it's the only opinion that matters.

So in other words, you are the one who's brain washed.

China's future is becoming the next North Korea.

Buh bye

They run taiwan because ? You don’t just go to an island that is part of china, kill and oppress the natives, and claim you run it. I know that’s what the us did to native americans, just doesn’t mean it’s right. I’m sure if the native americans had a vote, they’d vote not to be mass slaughtered

This post was edited by imshenny on Feb 5 2024 10:33am
Gold: 5.00
Feb 5 2024 10:39am
CCP are not fighters, they bark but no bite.
Feb 5 2024 10:41am
Quote (RedFromWinter @ Feb 6 2024 12:39am)
CCP are not fighters, they bark but no bite.

I know, think both sides are trying to avoid a real war here, which is the right thing to do, but doesn’t feel like barking alone will solve this
Gold: 0.00
Feb 5 2024 10:41am
Quote (imshenny @ Feb 5 2024 10:33am)
They run taiwan because ? You don’t just go to an island that is part of china, kill and oppress the natives, and claim you run it. I know that’s what the us did to native americans, just doesn’t mean it’s right. I’m sure if the native americans had a vote, they’d vote not to be mass slaughtered

To be fair it was France Spain England and the Netherlands as well. I’m not even going to touch the “mass slaughtered” nonsense…
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev12348Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll