d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Sports Coliseum > Health & Fitness > Can The Covid Vaccines Be Bad For Your Heart?
Prev123458Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 1,453.85
Feb 2 2024 09:11pm
Quote (tommyd323 @ Feb 2 2024 06:05am)
From your own post:
By the way they thank you very much for your click and encourage you to donate, propaganda has mouths to feed!

I guess having a cause one believes in is a foreign concept to you.
Gold: 0.00
Feb 3 2024 05:50am
Quote (JessiWan @ Feb 2 2024 10:11pm)
I guess having a cause one believes in is a foreign concept to you.

No, it’s just frustrating when you point out “research” filled with bias and confounding data and when you call it out, someone’s response is “OH YEAH?!! WELL, ITS TRUUUEEE”.

Feb 3 2024 08:18am
Quote (ozzyarmy3 @ Feb 3 2024 03:50am)
No, it’s just frustrating when you point out “research” filled with bias and confounding data and when you call it out, someone’s response is “OH YEAH?!! WELL, ITS TRUUUEEE”.

Do you have the proper training to say for sure that there is bias and confounding data in it?
Feb 4 2024 08:10am
Quote (JessiWan @ Feb 3 2024 09:18am)
Do you have the proper training to say for sure that there is bias and confounding data in it?

Oh god if you only knew.

I'm the manager of a thoracic cardiovascular IMU at a state university hospital, I'm CCRN, NE-BC, finishing up my master's in nursing executive leadership. To keep our accreditation through the American College of Surgeons as a level one trauma center, we have to have a very structured research and residency program. Our research program is very robust when it comes to nursing involvement. My job is to apply micro systems analysis when it comes to the cardiac service line in conjunction with our CNL and CNS colleagues and work with the lead nursing researcher to begin data collection and review in order to apply evidence-based practice into our practice space.

This is how policy is written and implemented, by identifying best practice after thorough review of collected data.

I've also personally been involved in a few different research articles. One of them that was pretty cool was the effects of COVID-19 in trauma patient populations. I'm hoping this article will be published within the next year or 2.

Another one is the 'secret' question, where we conducted a study to determine which provider has the best insight on the outcome of a patient during the admission phase of a hospitalization into an intensive care unit.

https://learning.lww.com/ovidfiles/00043860-202107000-00003.pdf

I'm not touting my credentials, I'm simply saying that in a face-to-face interaction, these conversations NEVER take this long to elaborate on my observations. But over the internet, nobody is ever wrong.

Feb 4 2024 01:50pm
Quote (ozzyarmy3 @ Feb 4 2024 06:10am)
Oh god if you only knew.

I'm the manager of a thoracic cardiovascular IMU at a state university hospital, I'm CCRN, NE-BC, finishing up my master's in nursing executive leadership. To keep our accreditation through the American College of Surgeons as a level one trauma center, we have to have a very structured research and residency program. Our research program is very robust when it comes to nursing involvement. My job is to apply micro systems analysis when it comes to the cardiac service line in conjunction with our CNL and CNS colleagues and work with the lead nursing researcher to begin data collection and review in order to apply evidence-based practice into our practice space.

This is how policy is written and implemented, by identifying best practice after thorough review of collected data.

I've also personally been involved in a few different research articles. One of them that was pretty cool was the effects of COVID-19 in trauma patient populations. I'm hoping this article will be published within the next year or 2.

Another one is the 'secret' question, where we conducted a study to determine which provider has the best insight on the outcome of a patient during the admission phase of a hospitalization into an intensive care unit.

https://learning.lww.com/ovidfiles/00043860-202107000-00003.pdf

I'm not touting my credentials, I'm simply saying that in a face-to-face interaction, these conversations NEVER take this long to elaborate on my observations. But over the internet, nobody is ever wrong.

I am not saying you are lying, but rather, there is no way for me to verify any of your claims. So why should I give more weight to you than an article I found online? You are both unknown entities to me.
Feb 4 2024 02:00pm
Quote (JessiWan @ Feb 4 2024 02:50pm)
I am not saying you are lying, but rather, there is no way for me to verify any of your claims. So why should I give more weight to you than an article I found online? You are both unknown entities to me.

So I take it that you can't decipher quality vs poor quality papers?

There's lots of tools out there if you're interested. Start with the type of study that's being conducted, do a quick google search on "systematic reviews to assess quality of studies", it should give you an exhaustive list to use and apply these tools to the study.

It'll truly open your mind.

E: an example of this is Tears linking a 'platform' created by a non-fiction thriller author. You cannot tout what he says or offers as truth when literal scientist and researchers are giving objective data that suggests the efficacy and safety of the COVID-19 vaccine is inherently safer than the alternative.

e again: I still love you, Tears.

This post was edited by ozzyarmy3 on Feb 4 2024 02:04pm
Feb 4 2024 02:20pm
Quote (ozzyarmy3 @ Feb 4 2024 12:00pm)
So I take it that you can't decipher quality vs poor quality papers?

There's lots of tools out there if you're interested. Start with the type of study that's being conducted, do a quick google search on "systematic reviews to assess quality of studies", it should give you an exhaustive list to use and apply these tools to the study.

You don't understand. It's not about learning how to read scientific papers. And it's not just about covid, vaccines and disinfo. My point is, nobody has the time to learn enough about all the relevant, important issues in our world. Sooner or later, we find that we have to trust someone, usually an expert. Not because experts are inherently trustworthy, but rather, it's because we only have limited amounts of time and it's impossible to teach ourselves enough to be able to tell, on our own, whether something is true or not.

You said you have training in science, I don't doubt you. However, the article I cited is also written by someone who has training in science. Given that I don't know either of you, and also I lack the ability to read scientific papers, can you not see why I would regard the both of you as someone who I shouldn't completely trust?
Gold: 5,895.00
Feb 5 2024 10:08am
Weigh your risks. Which do you expect to kill you sooner, getting the covid cough or your heart explodes suddenly.

Guess the question becomes which is healthier for you- your lungs or your heart.
Gold: 1.00
Warn: 10%
Feb 5 2024 03:27pm
Quote (JessiWan @ Feb 4 2024 01:20pm)
You don't understand. It's not about learning how to read scientific papers. And it's not just about covid, vaccines and disinfo. My point is, nobody has the time to learn enough about all the relevant, important issues in our world. Sooner or later, we find that we have to trust someone, usually an expert. Not because experts are inherently trustworthy, but rather, it's because we only have limited amounts of time and it's impossible to teach ourselves enough to be able to tell, on our own, whether something is true or not.

You said you have training in science, I don't doubt you. However, the article I cited is also written by someone who has training in science. Given that I don't know either of you, and also I lack the ability to read scientific papers, can you not see why I would regard the both of you as someone who I shouldn't completely trust?

Okay, if that's your rational the vast majority of experts are pro vaccination, surveys found over 96% in fact, of doctors / medical practitioners that is.

This post was edited by SBD on Feb 5 2024 03:27pm
Feb 5 2024 09:46pm
Quote (SBD @ Feb 5 2024 01:27pm)
Okay, if that's your rational the vast majority of experts are pro vaccination, surveys found over 96% in fact, of doctors / medical practitioners that is.

I don't go by which side has more people on it, and you shouldn't, either.
Go Back To Health & Fitness Topic List
Prev123458Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll