d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > d2jsp > Ladder Slasher > LS Character Builds > New Concept For Hardcore Hunting
12Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 8,743.93
Jan 26 2024 07:29pm
Okay, this is not tested, it is just a concept based on things.

It revolves around Maps and not death farming, however, explored squares on maps do NOT spawn new monsters like death farming.

So there are a lot of factors to take into account, three(3) of them are;

Level cap completing the map and that the level of the map is 35 (Tier X)+.
The Map must have a High +% Swarm.
The Map has to spawn monsters with the following abilities I posted in my another thread:

https://forums.d2jsp.org/topic.php?t=102970973&f=272&p=656773727#p656773727

The simple concept is that the monster reduces your experience, so you will keep that monster alive and heal up until you lost experience and then kill it... now if a "Swarm" happens, you kill off those without the loss of experience and hope the drops are good... now this comes in handy with people using Magic luck gear, the more monsters spawning from Swarm and you losing experience while gaining drops should be a bonus.

On another note, sometimes people can NOT complete higher maps at the level cap requirement, but with this, you have a better chance to do this. This is actually decent for any solo'er trying to clear Tier XIV maps.

This is all an assumption and untested, but it would be something Hardcore could get into I would think.

EDIT:

Quote (bdan @ 27 Jan 2024 14:24)
goocidic is on beach
reduca is on mountain
voltseeker is on electriver

I don't remember who made it exactly but there is a neat guide. Top row doesnt have monster names but Voltseeker should be one of the two rainbow fish

https://i.imgur.com/4F4iEGc.png

This post was edited by izParagonzi on Jan 26 2024 07:33pm
Gold: 20,039.48
Jan 27 2024 07:39am
lmao, hardcore deathfarming.
sounds completely ridiculous.

but honestly one of the best ideas you've come up with.

I disagree on the swarm though. Can you explain why you'd get less experience for a swarm? All swarm does is give a chance to fight multiple waves of random mobs, this doesnt make a "swarm of a single mob" or anything along those lines. So the chance of finding the mob which reduces exp is still exactly the same with or without swarm

In short you're just hunting for maps which have the specific mobs which reduce exp, which then allows you to farm level 55-65 mobs, whichever your preferred level is.
It's not going to be 100% guaranteed you hit one every time your exp is above 50%, i'm also unsure how many hits it takes to proc the exp loss and how much exp is even lost.

I personally am not a fan of SC deathfarming so this isn't my cup of tea either, but I like the general idea
Jan 27 2024 03:15pm

The concept of "Swarm" is for more monsters to appear and for more chances for drops. The concept of the Monsters that steal experience (when hit / on hit) will be an issue (you have to attack them) ... for myself I would actually use a lower damage casting charm, or switch to a lower damaging weapon and attack them.

Again, just a concept, also using +Magic Luck weapons without Enhanced Effect could help without one(1) hit killing them off, as for the other monster types, kill them off asap... I believe you gain 1-2(3) % per monster kill.

Solo + Swarm = 1 to 3 monster spawn from killing off the last monster, sometimes you will get upto 5 or 6 consecutive waves from the encounter. The only thing I do not like about this idea, is that the Prof counter is not reset per "Swarm", same goes for "Call for Help" monsters like Gigabee and Slugslider.

Well, I may have to test this out at a later date, I have some lower tier items with Magic Luck on them. :D
Jan 27 2024 03:28pm
Quote (izParagonzi @ Jan 27 2024 09:15pm)
^Bigheaded

The concept of "Swarm" is for more monsters to appear and for more chances for drops. The concept of the Monsters that steal experience (when hit / on hit) will be an issue (you have to attack them) ... for myself I would actually use a lower damage casting charm, or switch to a lower damaging weapon and attack them.

Again, just a concept, also using +Magic Luck weapons without Enhanced Effect could help without one(1) hit killing them off, as for the other monster types, kill them off asap... I believe you gain 1-2(3) % per monster kill.

Solo + Swarm = 1 to 3 monster spawn from killing off the last monster, sometimes you will get upto 5 or 6 consecutive waves from the encounter. The only thing I do not like about this idea, is that the Prof counter is not reset per "Swarm", same goes for "Call for Help" monsters like Gigabee and Slugslider.

Well, I may have to test this out at a later date, I have some lower tier items with Magic Luck on them. :D

well, the drop rate for random mobs is significantly worse than EPs, which is another reason why maps are great is that every tile is a tile which could be an EP excluding the final chest.
So i'd suggest the swarm is down to preference myself, i dont think this is a reason to actually want swarm, but if you want to use it then fair enough

do we know how much exp is lost per proc from the mobs?
Jan 27 2024 06:37pm
so took a few hits from one when solo'ing lost 5% exp per hit on 2 separate hits. so there is some merit here 80 -> 75 and 75 -> 70
Jan 27 2024 11:32pm
Quote (Bigheaded @ 28 Jan 2024 13:37)
so took a few hits from one when solo'ing lost 5% exp per hit on 2 separate hits. so there is some merit here 80 -> 75 and 75 -> 70

That seems decent, would also hope to get one or more of those emblems that also remove experience. I may have to look more into it a some point. Thanks for information.
Jan 30 2024 11:47pm
The % experience steal will not go below 1% on your Experience Bar.

Goocidic only stole 2% Experience (Welled mob), so will till have to check this out further. I like the EPs with Experience Steal.
Feb 14 2024 12:26am
Will get to this when I get more motivated to play.
Feb 28 2024 06:30pm
Haven't had incentive to work on this project, working on Map hunting and getting my mules setup after HC reset.

Basically a :bouncy: post to keep it live.
Mar 2 2024 04:40pm
Did some testing yesterday with a Map that spawns Goocidic:

Angelic rigid beach map
Level Required: 20
+129% Warm Light Effectiveness
Quantity: 1
+39% Level Up
+25 Level Cap

Completed 3 of the 4 maps from 42 to 57.

I found that Goocidic did not remove much experience from the Experience Bar as in % ... on many occasions it did not even reduce 1%, so I have a feeling that it is just based on the specific experience points gained from the monster:

example: 700 - 1,300 experience points (normal kill) which will show a minimum of 1% gained for that monster killed. But, Goocidics ability would say remove -10% (as an example) to 700 - 1,300 = 630 - 1,170.

I will test a bit more... but this is based from Solo running, it maybe different in a group run by multiplying it by number of people in the group. However, I don't think this is at all what I was hoping.
Go Back To LS Character Builds Topic List
12Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll