d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Diablo II > Diablo 2 Discussion > Low Level Dueling > Lld 2024 Pvp Discussion > D2
Prev123458Next
Add Reply New Topic
Gold: 265.00
Dec 23 2023 01:35pm
Quote (animejunkie @ Dec 23 2023 12:17pm)
I haven't seen an fb sorc since Jay retired. Only know of 1 hdin that is active. The real threat is stupid zons.

Haha, it's doesn't matter if the pilots are active it's more about how some abilities effect the over all health of 1v1/tvt in lld as a general. Zons lol
Gold: 152.00
Dec 23 2023 03:29pm
Ban lld
Gold: 53,000.69
Dec 23 2023 03:36pm

need more bears in tvt and B C D tier llds lool
Gold: 10,767.00
Warn: 20%
Jan 2 2024 04:20pm
what in tarnation
Gold: 58.45
Warn: 40%
Jan 3 2024 12:11am
tears noob
Gold: 10,767.00
Warn: 20%
Jan 4 2024 07:05pm
why complain about hdins and fb sorcs when ww barbs and zons are unchecked
Jan 4 2024 07:59pm
Quote (Drewg @ 4 Jan 2024 20:05)

I think two reasons:

1. is that this thread is regarding legacy lld where good dins can sync quite heavily and some people just find it unfair to have a 2k unresistable unblockable invisible dmg opponent that gives conc aura to the entire team. When you say it like that, it seems super op. And undoubtedly, it's one of the SS tier tvt chars. But my retort would be that 1vs1, once you learn a particular din's sync, they become a lot easier to beat. A hdin may slam you in the first ft5 or w/e, but when you pay attention and learn his sync levels then he'll barely be able to land a hammer, and in tvt there is really nobody lame enough to stick with a 1 sided conc'd team vs a no aura'd team. And if someone was, the other team could just swap for an aura.

2. is like I said before, that their personal characters are more dominated by those 2 character types. I'm not saying at all that anyone is trying to ban certain char types just cause they get owned by them. I mean that what we regularly play and do in d2 alters our personal perception of what is op. A ww barb main might call hdin op. A hdin might call bowa op. A bowa might call ww barb op (high skill level ww barbs).

There is no doubt that ES fire builds, ww barbs, hdins, and bowas are the top tier llders and you could probably throw trapper in there also. To try and ban any of those 5 without banning all of them is just biased behaviour.

This post was edited by Belarathon on Jan 4 2024 08:00pm
Jan 4 2024 08:14pm
Quote (Drewg @ Jan 4 2024 06:05pm)

Not necessarily a complaint but some thing that reeks for balance, regarding ww and zons they both have their negatives and it doesn't warrant the same attention
Quote (Belarathon @ Jan 4 2024 06:59pm)
I think two reasons:

1. is that this thread is regarding legacy lld where good dins can sync quite heavily and some people just find it unfair to have a 2k unresistable unblockable invisible dmg opponent that gives conc aura to the entire team. When you say it like that, it seems super op. And undoubtedly, it's one of the SS tier tvt chars. But my retort would be that 1vs1, once you learn a particular din's sync, they become a lot easier to beat. A hdin may slam you in the first ft5 or w/e, but when you pay attention and learn his sync levels then he'll barely be able to land a hammer.

2. is like I said before, that their personal characters are more dominated by those 2 character types. I'm not saying at all that anyone is trying to ban certain char types just cause they get owned by them. I mean that what we regularly play and do in d2 alters our personal perception of what is op. A ww barb main might call hdin op. A hdin might call bowa op. A bowa might call ww barb op (high skill level ww barbs).

There is no doubt that ES fire builds, ww barbs, hdins, and bowas are the top tier llders and you could probably throw trapper in there also. To try and ban any of those 5 without banning all of them is just biased behaviour.

Relax baby, no one wants any thing banned but let's not say there isn't an issue also it'd only bother those who seek to abuse the uncheck abilities for their own entertainment

What about a low tier format, I keep hearing about the idea thought it'd be worth a pitch

This post was edited by danzeva on Jan 4 2024 08:20pm
Jan 4 2024 08:38pm
Quote (danzeva @ 4 Jan 2024 21:14)
Not necessarily a complaint but some thing that reeks for balance, regarding ww and zons they both have their negatives and it doesn't warrant the same attention

Relax baby, no one wants any thing banned but let's not say there isn't an issue also it'd only bother those who seek to abuse the uncheck abilities for their own entertainment

What about a low tier format, I keep hearing about the idea thought it'd be worth a pitch

Okay change the word ban to the word limit then lol

Trying to limit any char will just make the next most op char in the lineup more op by taking away their main opposition. If you limit SS tier chars, S tier becomes SS. Does it make sense? You're never going to find some perfect balance where all characters enjoy a completely equal chance to win; nor is that even needed for good gameplay. Count on the community to not be toxic. Like I said multiple times, you are focusing on limiting/h8ting on builds when you should be more worried about playstyles.

e/ regarding low tier format, it happens all the time in tvt duels where people just purposely use less powerful characters. like literally all the time. I have access to es sorcs, ww barbs, bowzons, trappers, necros etc. but my most played char is a cs zon. for one example. For tournaments? B tier and C tier tournies have been done with great success, so obviously people like them. Just need someone to host them, however at this point there isnt the player base to support such a tourney imo

This post was edited by Belarathon on Jan 4 2024 08:43pm
Jan 5 2024 06:51am
Quote (Belarathon @ Jan 4 2024 07:38pm)
Okay change the word ban to the word limit then lol

Trying to limit any char will just make the next most op char in the lineup more op by taking away their main opposition. If you limit SS tier chars, S tier becomes SS. Does it make sense? You're never going to find some perfect balance where all characters enjoy a completely equal chance to win; nor is that even needed for good gameplay. Count on the community to not be toxic. Like I said multiple times, you are focusing on limiting/h8ting on builds when you should be more worried about playstyles.

e/ regarding low tier format, it happens all the time in tvt duels where people just purposely use less powerful characters. like literally all the time. I have access to es sorcs, ww barbs, bowzons, trappers, necros etc. but my most played char is a cs zon. for one example. For tournaments? B tier and C tier tournies have been done with great success, so obviously people like them. Just need someone to host them, however at this point there isnt the player base to support such a tourney imo

1 Limit? Stick with word balance, and no it wouldn't power creep other high tier characters. It doesn't work like that, I can see how some one would get confused and it'd be unrealistic to try and get all characters to the same winning chance (no one's trying todo that). Also why would any one count on the community to not be toxic? For example look at you last night, pure toxicity...

And how many times do I have to tell/correct you? I am not limiting/hating on anything, the focus is a more healthy and less toxic lld for 1v1s and tvts regardless of play style/gear/build. There is a difference between balance and fairness - I'm sure you know the difference

2 Happens all the time? When?? I'm one of the few who purposely uses lower tier chars for the better sake of duels and others are starting to understand the logic behind that ^_^

This thread isn't about tournaments but I'll mention I have hosted and participated in low tier tournaments and none of them fired in the past (so idk what you're talking about) and yes player base is shit and it'll keep getting worse at this rate...

This post was edited by danzeva on Jan 5 2024 07:01am
Go Back To Low Level Dueling Topic List
Prev123458Next
Add Reply New Topic