d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Investment & Finance > Monero (xmr)
Prev16789Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 1.00
Warn: 10%
Feb 6 2024 11:34am
Quote (derpykitty @ Feb 6 2024 10:30am)
in short, the price is not real if you can't withdraw

in short, today great shopping day to buy the dip
back in 2018 when btc went down to $4k people were telling me "bitcoin is dead" i was like "dude, u cringe, i buying the dip like whatever u know"
same shit, copium aint from my side, nw

So you cant withdrawal your investment?

Sounds worthless.
Gold: 1,780.69
Feb 6 2024 11:46am
Quote (SBD @ Feb 6 2024 05:34pm)
So you cant withdrawal your investment?

Sounds worthless.

people on binance can't, i don't use binance but they're the one dictating the price
binance is running a fractional reserve scam
same way as the banks
if too many people try to withdraw their cash at the banks, the banks won't be able to pay them all cause the banks don't have enough cash, it's fractional reserve as well
binance can't pay their customers that are trying to withdraw because they're running a fractional reserve scam
so the customers on binance are forced to sell to like bitcoin (lowering xmr's price, increasing btc's price) so they can finally withdraw their money and then exchange it somewhere else, binance still dictating the price regardless

the community been asking a delisting from binance for years now, they going out with a boom but it's finally happening
centralized exchanges like binance have no place in the cryptospace, DEX is where it's at, atomic swap is where it's at, exchanging straight from protocol without 3rd party that "blocks withdrawals" all year long, it's peer to peer, that's what's up
Feb 6 2024 10:28pm
as expected, price going up again after withdrawal on binance open again, closed those for 9 hours, probably more to come before the official delisting date of feb 20th

filled up some more bags at $105, already back to $120

This post was edited by derpykitty on Feb 6 2024 10:29pm
Gold: 455.97
Feb 7 2024 02:53am
Quote (derpykitty @ Feb 6 2024 09:46am)
people on binance can't, i don't use binance but they're the one dictating the price
binance is running a fractional reserve scam
same way as the banks
if too many people try to withdraw their cash at the banks, the banks won't be able to pay them all cause the banks don't have enough cash, it's fractional reserve as well
binance can't pay their customers that are trying to withdraw because they're running a fractional reserve scam
so the customers on binance are forced to sell to like bitcoin (lowering xmr's price, increasing btc's price) so they can finally withdraw their money and then exchange it somewhere else, binance still dictating the price regardless

the community been asking a delisting from binance for years now, they going out with a boom but it's finally happening
centralized exchanges like binance have no place in the cryptospace, DEX is where it's at, atomic swap is where it's at, exchanging straight from protocol without 3rd party that "blocks withdrawals" all year long, it's peer to peer, that's what's up

didn't that actually happen with the silicon valley bank thing last year? they all got their $ bcz the feds stepped in. it took a while, but they paid them. so yes, your money is insured with $ and a government bank

afaik crypto can't offer that

edit: guess it was 2 yrs ago, wow time flies

This post was edited by ChocolateCoveredGummyBears on Feb 7 2024 02:57am
Feb 7 2024 05:00am
Quote (ChocolateCoveredGummyBears @ Feb 7 2024 08:53am)
afaik crypto can't offer that

which it shouldnt have to since it's supposed to be meant for self-custody with people being their own bank, not through a 3rd party

and even worse, was iirc last year or couple years ago as well, for coinbase, they updated their ToS to pretty much protect themselves in case of bankcrupty and allowing themselves to literally steal customers funds and use those to cover their own expenses or whatever
i guess FTX should just have updated their ToS as well and sam bankman fried would have been a free man :bonk:
Gold: 455.97
Feb 7 2024 06:16am
Quote (derpykitty @ Feb 7 2024 03:00am)
which it shouldnt have to since it's supposed to be meant for self-custody with people being their own bank, not through a 3rd party

and even worse, was iirc last year or couple years ago as well, for coinbase, they updated their ToS to pretty much protect themselves in case of bankcrupty and allowing themselves to literally steal customers funds and use those to cover their own expenses or whatever
i guess FTX should just have updated their ToS as well and sam bankman fried would have been a free man :bonk:

I see what you're saying. I guess the person would feel more comfortable knowing their funds are protected by a government instead of a coin, that has value that can fluctuate so much...

For example if you put 100k in your coin now as a bank, then next month it drops 30%. Meanwhile, if you put that in a government bank as cash, that 100k is only battling inflation in the US economy (for this example)

This post was edited by ChocolateCoveredGummyBears on Feb 7 2024 06:17am
Feb 7 2024 03:05pm
https://exch.cx/

Quote (exch)
WARNING: There is an ongoing attack on XMR by Binance, faking its price on purpose in an attempt to release CZ from the U.S. juridical custody. These are key facts indicating that the current XMR price is fake everywhere confirmed by our data analysts:

• Binance has no real trading volume on XMR pairs left but is still pushing significant changes to their price tickers.
  • CoinMarketCap - the major exchange data aggregator used as a price ticker by at least 50% of the crypto projects belongs to Binance, therefore it obviously contributes to broadcasting of the misleading price data.
  • Other major exchanges such as Kraken synchronize their price based on Binance and CMC price data movement and are always behind the actual drastic movements with some delay.

We currently have an automatic algorithm adjusting our service fee on XMR pairs accordingly to the external XMR price tickers (that don't include Binance anymore) in order to protect our capital and prevent usage of our platform for arbitration purposes.
Feb 7 2024 05:56pm
Quote (derpykitty @ Feb 7 2024 04:28am)
closed those for 9 hours, probably more to come before the official delisting date of feb 20th

yup, didnt even take long before binance closed those withdrawals yet again:

Feb 7 2024 06:52pm
ooooooooh yikes....
https://nitter.unixfox.eu/thefuzzstone/status/1755211469786906737

Quote (thefuzzstone)
This is very interesting, and very scummy to all Monero users and merchants.

Binance will delist XMR from spot trading, but not a price manipulation tool. [see the screenshot]

Quote (thefuzzstone)
It will be very interesting to see how the market reacts, and whether the market will consider these numbers on Binance as the real price of XMR. I hope not.

Quote (Ryit)
Because they don’t have to have XMR to offer this. Actually, this is worse than delisting outright. It leaves the exchanges with leverage to manipulate the price without any underlying ownership.

Quote (Niylvah)
It should be illegal. @binance you fucking hoe's

guess was right being skeptical about them ever actually fully delist it in all of its forms..........:

Quote (derpykitty @ Jan 6 2024 05:36am)
when the delisting finally happen, if it ever does (am still skeptical if they ever will cause they love doing the whole price manipulation and imo aintnoway they'll give that up and will just keep the charade going with scary tags of "high volatility" (which you would agree is a complete lie after calling it a stablecoin)), like, if it does ever happen, there will finally be real price discovery

https://moneroj.net/metcalfeusd/
fun fact, price started diverging from metcalfe's law when binance started listing it else expected price would have been like $5k in 2022, price manipulation from cex doing it's thing tho ya know:

https://i.ibb.co/fDqJr6X/image.png

the fight against those centralized entities hijacking the cryptosphere continues :bouncy:

Feb 17 2024 04:26pm
Quote (derpykitty @ Oct 28 2023 09:21am)
- WHERE TO USE MONERO

• https://shopinbit.com
    in europe: have computers, computer parts, laptops, phones, general electronic, bikes, electric bikes, sports/workout thingies, lineup for self care and such, cars, custom car license plate, bunch of thingies [...]
    they dont even requires a customer account (can still make one if you need package tracking but works well without), also have the "concierge service" which is basically personal shopper, can send them a link from anything like amazon or whatever, pay them in monero and they'll do the purchase for you

ShopInBit CEO:

Go Back To Investment & Finance Topic List
Prev16789Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll