d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Diablo > Diablo 4 > D4 Discussion > D4, Twich Viewers Under 500 And Question For Yall!
Prev1234Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 252,581.58
Sep 18 2023 10:59am
I think they're freaking out because they don't have a gameplan that is clearly sound. Their luck(and consumer goodwill towards the company, their most valuable asset) may finally start running dry. WoW is in slow decline. No SC3 on the horizon/ever, no warcraft 4. Some survival game they are making but no release date etc being made but not something they've ever done before. Where do they make their money? D4. They got a huge haul off hype and people stupidly buying this off undeserved faith, but clearly expected that the game wouldn't lose all of its players in a month or two. They have to basically produce an amazing expansion to potentially save the game. If they can't, it took them a better part of a decade to produce D4. It will take them forever to make D5. How are they going to be making money during that time period if D4 doesn't succeed?

This post was edited by FORt-HOBO on Sep 18 2023 11:00am
Gold: 213.00
Sep 18 2023 11:21am
Quote (tyler_tyler @ Sep 15 2023 12:38pm)
I know D3 just realeased its new season but d4 being at 500 twitch viewers with its top streamer being under 100 viewers is still insane.

Someone that may understand, is Activision Blizzard freaking out about this ? Like are they seriously freaking out , the feedback from the game, the ammount of players, the insane drop of people even intrested?

Or have they made their bag just from sales alone that they really do not care that much?

I am seriously wondering if a company like them made so much from initial sales, doesnt effect them or if stuff behind closed doors are people extremely pissed off and pressure is being put on people?

Nobody cares about streamers

D2R was a marketing plan to scoop up the older gens kids to make them interested in D4. TLDR version is they made their initial money and boosted up the sales EOY profits to make the profile they present to Microsoft look purdy.

China has their fingers so far up Blizzards ass it's comical how they're still in business and good favor. Blind devotion from fans clinging on to the past
Gold: 41,500.00
Sep 20 2023 01:18pm
Quote (FORt-HOBO @ 18 Sep 2023 18:59)
I think they're freaking out because they don't have a gameplan that is clearly sound. Their luck(and consumer goodwill towards the company, their most valuable asset) may finally start running dry. WoW is in slow decline. No SC3 on the horizon/ever, no warcraft 4. Some survival game they are making but no release date etc being made but not something they've ever done before. Where do they make their money? D4. They got a huge haul off hype and people stupidly buying this off undeserved faith, but clearly expected that the game wouldn't lose all of its players in a month or two. They have to basically produce an amazing expansion to potentially save the game. If they can't, it took them a better part of a decade to produce D4. It will take them forever to make D5. How are they going to be making money during that time period if D4 doesn't succeed?

Nah honestly D4 was already a big success for them (sale numbers, more than 1bil dollar in like 3 months...) and they print money with that mobile app on top of wow subs of a 20 year old mmo.
I’m sure some ppl are freaking out, but it‘s not blizzard rly

Also there're unironically ppl who like the game, sounds crazy but so does spending hundreds of dollars on a mobile game... those ppl exist and not only a few
If middle aged D2 fans in here hate it and everyone on twitch shitting on D4 it still doesn't rly matter.. Take D3 for example -> it was pretty much the same story and absolute DOGSHIT of a game, guess what repaer of souls expansion sold like 3mil copies within the first week, i expect it to be the same for D4.. but now they want that every year

This post was edited by kku on Sep 20 2023 01:38pm
Gold: 97,558.01
Sep 20 2023 01:52pm
D4 got zero content after you reach lvl100. Nothing to grind for. No goals. People got to lvl100 within a few days from the start of the season.

It's been 2 months since the start of season 1.

So yes it should be ZERO views on twitch :rofl:

It will go back up once season 2 hits with new garbage update and fall back down after a few weeks.

Nothing to grind for so there's no reason to watch someones stream.

This is the same for D2R by the way. :rofl:
Gold: 22,095.00
Sep 21 2023 01:44pm
i think its pretty short sighted to say that they got our $$ from the initial sale and they dont care about player retention. its a bit too early to tell, but if a significant number of people do not return for every season start, yes, they will start freaking out.
i would assume the $ made from the initial sale is important, but so is the re-occuring influx of $ from battlepasses on reset/expansions and the store. by season 3-4, if the number of players at a season start really starts to taper off, you may see them reacting differently.

however, though everyone is shitting on this game, i expect alot of people to come back for s2 either way. i havent played in well over a month now, and i will come back for s2 just for the reset. in my mind they arent actually fixing things that matter and probably will stop again quite quickly.
it will be free so why not, but i sure as hell aint buying no battlepass.

Quote (FORt-HOBO @ Sep 18 2023 12:59pm)

i would agree, they are still high on the success of the initial sale. the high will wear off when from one season to the next, players just simply arent coming back.
given the blurb about d5 not taking so long, and announcing season 2 really early and the hype train theyve just released for s2, i cant help but think that they are atleast starting to freak out.

This post was edited by C4NTWO on Sep 21 2023 02:02pm
Gold: 1,945.00
Sep 21 2023 10:47pm
Zoomers have been bred to be used to shit games. Remember when back in the day when we bought a game it was complete?
Gold: 2,009.00
Sep 21 2023 11:15pm
Quote (Dmitriy @ Sep 22 2023 12:47am)
Zoomers have been bred to be used to shit games. Remember when back in the day when we bought a game it was complete?

Age of Empires 2: the Conqueror b)

Was playing LAN multiplayer with friends for hours

This post was edited by jaybomber on Sep 21 2023 11:15pm
Gold: 252,581.58
Sep 23 2023 04:37pm
Quote (C4NTWO @ Sep 21 2023 03:44pm)
i think its pretty short sighted to say that they got our $$ from the initial sale and they dont care about player retention. its a bit too early to tell, but if a significant number of people do not return for every season start, yes, they will start freaking out.
i would assume the $ made from the initial sale is important, but so is the re-occuring influx of $ from battlepasses on reset/expansions and the store. by season 3-4, if the number of players at a season start really starts to taper off, you may see them reacting differently.

however, though everyone is shitting on this game, i expect alot of people to come back for s2 either way. i havent played in well over a month now, and i will come back for s2 just for the reset. in my mind they arent actually fixing things that matter and probably will stop again quite quickly.
it will be free so why not, but i sure as hell aint buying no battlepass.

i would agree, they are still high on the success of the initial sale. the high will wear off when from one season to the next, players just simply arent coming back.
given the blurb about d5 not taking so long, and announcing season 2 really early and the hype train theyve just released for s2, i cant help but think that they are atleast starting to freak out.

Think my OP is correct, don't agree with the other guy.
Just like in D3, they had a credibility crisis which was huge. It was their first, actively bad game they produced i think. They didn't care as much as they do now because WoW was massive back then. There is no huge cash cow right now like WoW to cushion any real failure. This was something they were probably planning on making yearly expacs to just rake it in, and while retards and blizzard do associate sales with something being a good product, that isn't true in all cases. People buy shit en masse and sometimes its just terrible - you have to buy it to try it - that doesn't make it a good product - just good marketing. If they don't deliver in the next expansion, even the delusional people who still associate blizzard with old blizzard might have that delusion breakdown. And that is probably their most valuable asset right now - people's willingness to give this company a pass and still buy their shit based on who they were, not who they are now. If people realize its not the same company, and look at what they do now, and not buy it based on "i was hoping some guy in the back knew what he was doing"(legit paraphrase from someone who posts here) etc blizzard will be in trouble.

There is no starcraft or warcraft. There is the ability to break into the asian market which is difficult(not sure if they resolved the netease bullshit involving licensing yet). There is D4, diablo immortal, and WoW, and survival game in progress.

And there is the sobering #s of players dropping D4. The "if i just play this more it will be like d2" has been done by the people who played d3 and dropped it but bought this. They're not staying. The D3 lovers whose game eventually became mediocre after half a decade of content don't know why they're playing it either, since its just 'bare bones' and has 'bad itemization'

If you need any more proof they know they got problems, there is a reason they released that patch that literally nerfed everything. Its because they didn't want everyone who hadn't hit 100 in pre season to realize in the next season that there wasn't anything left to do - so they slowed everything down in the hopes of stemming the bleeding and allow them time to get content out.

This post was edited by FORt-HOBO on Sep 23 2023 04:57pm
Gold: 117,630.00
Sep 23 2023 05:07pm
Bli**ard does not exist from 1x years, now it is a new shi**y company based on teenagers... so just don't fill they wallets for shi**y games if you have a brain

D2R it was a good try made by other company... Vicarious Visions iirc... Bli**ard bought this company to help them not f**k up D4 and it still didn't help :lol:

how long we can talk about this... currently it is a total failure company and they don't give a f**k about what you paid for...

This post was edited by TeHaCjusz on Sep 23 2023 05:12pm
Gold: 291.00
Sep 23 2023 05:23pm
Quote (TeHaCjusz @ Sep 23 2023 04:07pm)
Bli**ard does not exist from 1x years, now it is a new shi**y company based on teenagers... so just don't fill they wallets for shi**y games if you have a brain

D2R it was a good try made by other company... Vicarious Visions iirc... Bli**ard bought this company to help them not f**k up D4 and it still didn't help :lol:

how long we can talk about this... currently it is a total failure company and they don't give a f**k about what you paid for...

well all the people who bought d4 just enabled this buffoonery to continue so.. it's sad

This post was edited by ChocolateCoveredGummyBears on Sep 23 2023 05:24pm
Go Back To D4 Discussion Topic List
Prev1234Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll