d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Diablo II > Diablo 2 Discussion > Strategy & Guides > Best Gear For Smite Vs Smite > D2:R
Prev123412Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 50.00
Jun 4 2023 02:30pm
Quote (PiXi31415 @ Jun 4 2023 12:13pm)
vortex does not have highest smite dmg. all pala shields have identical smit dmg except sr which has 0.5 avg dmg more. vortex has highest max and lowest min which means it is terribly inconsistent which makes it the worst in terms of offensive stats. defensive stats of vortex are also not that good, bc the payoff for high def is low block which means you might lose stat points in vitality

i meant highest high damage. but ok it would have the highest requirements. so st is best bese for smite v smite?
Gold: 1,110.00
Jun 5 2023 08:33am
Quote (RuthHemingway @ May 30 2023 03:29pm)
COA 2 x Ber
Grief zerk
Phoenix 65 Ed base
Gores or boots with main stat
20 ias 10 cb gloves
Enigma for mass strength and damage reduction
Dungos
Maras or fun 2 skill pally ammy
Raven frost for cbf
Soj

Cta and spirit switch

Max pally combat lifers and small charm lifers.

This is pretty solid, but bk > soj.
Also, have not checked ias breaks, and i think holy freeze is gm in svs as well. So dno which is best between ba and pb.
Would also consider hl over maras due to that factor.
Also, if enemies are allowed to be vt's one need to consider lr.
Then u can use wisp instead of bk, even though i think they dont allow oak it will abs the foh nice. Also consider pheonix 45@ st base for vs vt.
Gaunlets ideally should be: 20ias/10cb/15str/20life/30lr
Scs should be 20life/11lr

Some fcr is also nice, then u can use 10fcr/str/dex/life/lr craft ring instead of raven, and coa chamBer and trang oul's.
Gold: 50.00
Jun 5 2023 10:22am
Quote (gel87 @ Jun 5 2023 07:33am)
This is pretty solid, but bk > soj.
Also, have not checked ias breaks, and i think holy freeze is gm in svs as well. So dno which is best between ba and pb.
Would also consider hl over maras due to that factor.
Also, if enemies are allowed to be vt's one need to consider lr.
Then u can use wisp instead of bk, even though i think they dont allow oak it will abs the foh nice. Also consider pheonix 45@ st base for vs vt.
Gaunlets ideally should be: 20ias/10cb/15str/20life/30lr
Scs should be 20life/11lr

Some fcr is also nice, then u can use 10fcr/str/dex/life/lr craft ring instead of raven, and coa chamBer and trang oul's.

how much of a factor is crushing blow? would a crazy build like gface, rockstopper, goblintoe, stormshield, be any good in smite v smite duel?
Gold: 0.00
Jun 5 2023 11:29am
Quote (L8knightResurrected @ Jun 5 2023 01:22pm)
how much of a factor is crushing blow? would a crazy build like gface, rockstopper, goblintoe, stormshield, be any good in smite v smite duel?

No. Crushing blow does less in pvp. Also it does good damage for the first 50 percent life, but then it tappers off fast. Better to go damage
Gold: 1,110.00
Jun 5 2023 12:54pm
Quote (L8knightResurrected @ Jun 5 2023 06:22pm)

Its more like a final touch on Smite, 10% of enemy remaining life, affected by dr%
Gold: 13.00
Jun 6 2023 12:12am
Quote (L8knightResurrected @ Jun 4 2023 10:30pm)
i meant highest high damage. but ok it would have the highest requirements. so st is best bese for smite v smite?

max dmg is just not important. you are always looking for two things:
1. avg dmg (for obvious reasons)
2. consistent dmg (since overkill dmg is wasted)

best bases for smite v smite might be st/sr/kurast, would have to do calcs to verify
Gold: 51,068.00
Jun 6 2023 10:48pm
Quote (PiXi31415 @ Jun 6 2023 02:12pm)
max dmg is just not important. you are always looking for two things:
1. avg dmg (for obvious reasons)
2. consistent dmg (since overkill dmg is wasted)

best bases for smite v smite might be st/sr/kurast, would have to do calcs to verify

Not entirely true tbh, inconsistent dmg can be advantageous where it is hard for opponents to figure out how many more hits they can take before dying. (Eg. If i still have 2k life left, and ST does consistantly 500dmg, i know it would still take 4hits to kill me, and plan my attacks accordingly. If opponent was hitting for 1-1000 it would be really difficult to judge as i might jus die in the next approach)

I understand on the overkill dmg wasted, but if opponent die they die, doesnt matter on overkill dmg. And if you say frontal low rolls and wasting the high roll on the last killing blow, the same could be said where u roll all highs and kill them faster.

At the end of the day, since the avg dmg are all pretty similar, there is no certain "best" base. It depends mostly on preference be it playstyle or looks. The only time it would matter will be if defense/block rate/str becomes a consideration but that is another topic entirely.

Personally i would make 1 in vortex because i can use it in other games and builds besides smite vs smite.

This post was edited by Kagetsu on Jun 6 2023 11:00pm
Gold: 13.00
Jun 6 2023 11:11pm
Quote (Kagetsu @ Jun 7 2023 06:48am)
Not entirely true tbh, inconsistent dmg can be advantageous where it is hard for opponents to figure out how many more hits they can take before dying. (Eg. If i still have 2k life left, and ST does consistantly 500dmg, i know it would still take 4hits to kill me, and plan my attacks accordingly. If opponent was hitting for 1-1000 it would be really difficult to judge as i might jus die in the next approach)

I understand on the overkill dmg wasted, but if opponent die they die, doesnt matter on overkill dmg. And if you say frontal low rolls and wasting the high roll on the last killing blow, the same could be said where u roll all highs and kill them faster.

At the end of the day, since the avg dmg are all pretty similar, there is no certain "best" base. It depends mostly on preference be it playstyle or looks. The only time it would matter will be if defense/block rate/str becomes a consideration but that is another topic entirely.

Personally i would make 1 in vortex because i can use it in other games and builds besides smite vs smite.

to defend my point: if we are looking for the best dmg, we need to calculate how many hits it takes on avg to kill the opponent (ignoring attack speed jere since it doesnt depend on the shield base). the less, the better. since calculations over the full dmg distribution become messy very quickly, i circumvented this by programming a simulation instead and it shows that -- in all cases i looked at so far -- consistent dmg beats high max/low min if the avg is identical

but since every (?) smiter uses grief and grief dmg >> shield base dmg, it is not that important here, i agree with that
Gold: 51,068.00
Jun 6 2023 11:30pm
Quote (PiXi31415 @ Jun 7 2023 01:11pm)
to defend my point: if we are looking for the best dmg, we need to calculate how many hits it takes on avg to kill the opponent (ignoring attack speed jere since it doesnt depend on the shield base). the less, the better. since calculations over the full dmg distribution become messy very quickly, i circumvented this by programming a simulation instead and it shows that -- in all cases i looked at so far -- consistent dmg beats high max/low min if the avg is identical

but since every (?) smiter uses grief and grief dmg >> shield base dmg, it is not that important here, i agree with that

Hey, im not sure how the simulation actually calculates win rate between 500dmg vs 1-999dmg given a set amount of life. I used mine and it shows a tie 50-50 since over the course of thousands of games, it would eventually lead to a normal distribution. But i would definately be interested in taking a look at it since it can have so much more applications (eg. Min maxing and ds% comparison)

Yes, with grief, dmg is already sky high and being able to connect with opponent first or having max dr%, better reflexes, better jewellery stats etc...would provide much bigger advantages, much more than concerns of which shield base.

This post was edited by Kagetsu on Jun 6 2023 11:36pm
Gold: 423.46
Jun 6 2023 11:41pm
Berber coa
2pal/10fcr/str/life amulet
Enigma
460+ ed Phoenix
40/15 dungo
2x 10fcr/ar/str/life/mana rings
65life waterwalks

30fcr setup with griefz and 20/10/str cb gloves
50fcr setup with grief pb and trangs