d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate > Ron Desantis Presidential Debut
Prev123458Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 0.00
Warn: 10%
May 25 2023 01:20pm
Quote (thesnipa @ May 25 2023 12:22pm)
charisma and leadership arent the same, but they're overlapping venn diagrams with a LOT of commonality.

Leadership is a quality defined by actions and presence, not words. The whole charisma thing is only true to an extent with Desantis anyways. When he addresses his people in Florida he is a very unique speaker. He is just kind of weird and off putting sometimes. So?

Quote (NetflixAdaptationWidow @ May 25 2023 12:25pm)
A former Trumptard saying the bolded is just peak irony

Here I was thinking we had a respectful understanding that pieces of shit like you don’t need to address me directly.
Gold: 2,489.69
May 25 2023 01:23pm
Quote (YeeHaw @ May 25 2023 02:20pm)
Leadership is a quality defined by actions and presence, not words. The whole charisma thing is only true to an extent with Desantis anyways. When he addresses his people in Florida he is a very unique speaker. He is just kind of weird and off putting sometimes. So?

Here I was thinking we had a respectful understanding that pieces of shit like you don’t need to address me directly.

desantis has copy/pasted Trump's platform, with less charisma. so do you want the wierd anti-swamp anti-immigrant guy, or the based anti-swamp anti-immigrant guy?

or are we pretending that because Desantis is less brash that he'll be more effectual? because if he wins the primary he'll be covered in mud should he make it to the whitehouse.

i actually personally think he's a better matchup for biden, but wont be able to beat trump. its a big game of rock, paper, scissors.
Gold: 17,384.69
May 25 2023 01:27pm
Quote (YeeHaw @ 25 May 2023 19:20)

Let's be honest: atm you have two completely disgusting fascists on one side and 1 "normal" guy, which seems to be close to dementia, on the other.
May 25 2023 01:41pm
Quote (thesnipa @ May 25 2023 02:23pm)
desantis has copy/pasted Trump's platform, with less charisma. so do you want the wierd anti-swamp anti-immigrant guy, or the based anti-swamp anti-immigrant guy?

or are we pretending that because Desantis is less brash that he'll be more effectual? because if he wins the primary he'll be covered in mud should he make it to the whitehouse.

i actually personally think he's a better matchup for biden, but wont be able to beat trump. its a big game of rock, paper, scissors.

He has been attacked relentlessly ever since the iconic video of all the people in Tampa massless and smiling while they were shopping, unknowingly being filmed for a news segment.

There is literally nobody who can run as a Republican without being drowned with shit day in and day out.

This post was edited by YeeHaw on May 25 2023 01:41pm
Gold: 260.11
May 25 2023 01:43pm
Quote (YeeHaw @ May 25 2023 02:20pm)

You're going to have an aneurism holding that much anger over a random on the internet Ethan. It's not good for your health.
Gold: 2,489.69
May 25 2023 01:43pm
Quote (YeeHaw @ May 25 2023 02:41pm)
He has been attacked relentlessly ever since the iconic video of all the people in Tampa massless and smiling while they were shopping, unknowingly being filmed for a news segment.

There is literally nobody who can run as a Republican without being drowned with shit day in and day out.

correct, that's my point. his "advantage" would be that's he's less brash, and therefore could in theory draw more bipartisan support. but these days bipartisan support doesnt exist, so he has no advantage over trump in a primary.
Gold: 16,514.00
May 25 2023 01:47pm
Quote (YeeHaw @ May 25 2023 12:41pm)

why do you think that is? try to answer without blaming anyone on the left
May 25 2023 01:51pm
Quote (thesnipa @ May 25 2023 02:43pm)
correct, that's my point. his "advantage" would be that's he's less brash, and therefore could in theory draw more bipartisan support. but these days bipartisan support doesnt exist, so he has no advantage over trump in a primary.

Unfortunately. This is going to be an exciting primary to say the least. There is no way you can put trump and Desantis on a debate stage without trump looking like a fucking loser and Desantis coming out on top on every issue. There are just so many stupid people it will be much closer than it should be.

The democrat primary is looking to be a laughing stock so far, but that is for another thread.
May 25 2023 01:54pm
Quote (gnarjay @ May 25 2023 02:47pm)
why do you think that is? try to answer without blaming anyone on the left

Because there are gullible (insert synonym for morons that wouldn’t get me in trouble here) such as yourself that foam at the mouth constantly waiting for the next nazi accusation and the like.

Here this one is for you buddy https://forums.d2jsp.org/topic.php?t=91539596&f=119
Gold: 4,400.67
May 25 2023 02:00pm
Quote (YeeHaw @ 25 May 2023 19:17)
Why do people value charisma so much? To make anything run correctly the ability to do the job and leadership trumps everything. Joe Biden’s entire plea to the American people was the media will shut up about things. Oh, sorry, a “return to normalcy”. Well he got that and things are going down the crap hole. Here we have a man who will provide results without being a media superstar.

Neither Trump nor Obama had proven the ability to run an executive (even below the federal level) when they ran for president and got elected. Both won their crucial primaries based on charisma.

Quote (NetflixAdaptationWidow @ 25 May 2023 17:56)
He's also been insanely corrupt in getting his agenda pushed in Florida.

On the national stage where he can't bully elected officials out of their seats he would be completely impotent.

So I guess that's another way he's similar to Trump

I disagree with your loaded framing, but you actually have a point: DeSantis has been really good at maximizing "conservative wins" with aggressive strategies which used all the leverage he had at his disposal in Florida, which is structurally medium-red in local and state level politics. So his selling point in contrast to Trump ("I am actually good at governing and producing results") is a question mark when it comes to the federal level. Would he be as effective as he has been in Florida if he didn't get to operate from a position of power and leverage, say if he presided over a divided Congress with a -5 net approval rating?
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev123458Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll