d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > d2jsp > Ladder Slasher > Item Drops Disappearing
123Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 37,060.95
Apr 11 2023 08:38am
Sorry to bring up an old thread but the only thread i found was to old to comment on.

Ive missed many decent or even GG items due to it vanishing within 1 second of dropping

*While still fighting other mobs
*Item drop from last mob or only mob
*Opening chests

seems like the method of item drop doesnt matter...
I just know that ive even had it disappear while im trying to grab it.

This happens super fast where I feel like i have to pick up everything the second it drops or else i risk it disappearing.......

There are times where items stay there for a long time but its rare...
Gold: 79,066.03
Apr 11 2023 08:45am
When a mob is slain, the drops will remain indefinitely until you either:
Summon new monster (whistle)
Press your ‘continue’ button to go back to the map
Go to town
Die

The only exception to this is some quests, like hack the hoard or bits n pieces. This is because the mobs auto spawn during these quests.

Stop continuing so quickly after killing, and you have all the time you want to review drops.

/edit
One additional caveat to this is when completing a maze- the map reward will despawn within 5 seconds of completing the last square. So always grab maps right away.

This post was edited by hasteful on Apr 11 2023 08:47am
Gold: 800.13
Apr 11 2023 08:47am
Pretty sure they always stay for five seconds after the engage button is clicked.

E: and not to be an asshat, but you have a level 21 fighter with no MQs so the odds of you missing out on any gg drops is slim to none. :lol:

This post was edited by Vaeflare on Apr 11 2023 08:50am
Gold: 71,618.51
Apr 11 2023 08:52am
Quote (SlickStyles @ Apr 11 2023 09:38am)
Sorry to bring up an old thread but the only thread i found was to old to comment on.

Ive missed many decent or even GG items due to it vanishing within 1 second of dropping

*While still fighting other mobs
*Item drop from last mob or only mob
*Opening chests

seems like the method of item drop doesnt matter...
I just know that ive even had it disappear while im trying to grab it.

This happens super fast where I feel like i have to pick up everything the second it drops or else i risk it disappearing.......

There are times where items stay there for a long time but its rare...

I will at least agree that the design of item poofing has been problematic for me since I started playing

Maps poofing fast is terrible
Items poofing while I'm still fighting a mob is real
Final map chest items poofing because someone else comes down to cata (or some unknown to me set of actions) has been unfortunate
On mobile, these problems are exacerbated
I've been teaching my son how to play the game -- he's still learning how to read and it's quite the bummer when things just disappear
If someone were navigating the game via accessibility (reader, translator, or even an eye-mouse-tracker), they just wouldn't have a chance

Best personal solution is if it has a chance to be good click immediately and review it later

Another thought I have is that in "whistle climbs" the poofing is helpful (so many items!)
Outside of whistle climbing why do things disappear so fast (by design)?
Gold: 79,066.03
Apr 11 2023 08:55am
Quote (Dotaronomy @ Apr 11 2023 10:52am)
I will at least agree that the design of item poofing has been problematic for me since I started playing

Maps poofing fast is terrible
Items poofing while I'm still fighting a mob is real
Final map chest items poofing because someone else comes down to cata (or some unknown to me set of actions) has been unfortunate
On mobile, these problems are exacerbated
I've been teaching my son how to play the game -- he's still learning how to read and it's quite the bummer when things just disappear
If someone were navigating the game via accessibility (reader, translator, or even an eye-mouse-tracker), they just wouldn't have a chance

Best personal solution is if it has a chance to be good click immediately and review it later

Another thought I have is that in "whistle climbs" the poofing is helpful (so many items!)
Outside of whistle climbing why do things disappear so fast (by design)?

Did you even read my answer? Lol it’s by design. And it’s avoidable (mostly)
Apr 11 2023 08:59am
Quote (hasteful @ Apr 11 2023 09:55am)

Yep I read it and agreed that "the design has been problematic" -- for me at least. Each his own yadayada. Was just agreeing with OP that it's a pain in the keester
Gold: 1,950.91
Apr 11 2023 09:00am
Quote (hasteful @ Apr 11 2023 07:55am)

I've experienced this as well though. Like say I kill something and it drops 2 items, almost instantly 1 will disappear half the time. and not due to any of the things you listed.
Apr 11 2023 09:01am
Quote (KevlarKondom @ Apr 11 2023 10:00am)
I've experienced this as well though. Like say I kill something and it drops 2 items, almost instantly 1 will disappear half the time. and not due to any of the things you listed.

same
Gold: 800.13
Apr 11 2023 09:06am
Not saying you guys are wrong, but I’d like to see video evidence of the items poofing. I don’t think I’ve ever experienced it, and I play on my phone 95% of the time.
Gold: 37,060.95
Apr 11 2023 09:19am
Quote (Vaeflare @ Apr 11 2023 07:47am)
Pretty sure they always stay for five seconds after the engage button is clicked.

E: and not to be an asshat, but you have a level 21 fighter with no MQs so the odds of you missing out on any gg drops is slim to none. :lol:

just cause you have no luck doesnt mean its the same for everyone xD 1. ive had higher level characters in the past 2. ive sold maps for hundreds of fg

as for all other responses thank you for information, i didnt know some items like maps that i have lost have a 5 sec timer and thats it, however still happens when i play solo where multiple items drop and i dont have enough time to hover over them before it vanishing.. sometimes 1 item sometimes multiple...
like i said in my main post this has happened while fighting multiple monsters and kill 1 and item drops and my guy is still auto fighting (ok this one makes sense if im auto fighting but its not consistent with the disappearing)
But it also sometimes happens when its only one monster and i kill it and item vanishes within 1-2 seconds not even 5 seconds
and today and 1 other time it has happened with opening a chest..... instantly 3 of the 4 items from the chest vanish...

I'll try to setup recording and see if i can show people what im talking about but im explaining it pretty clearly... nothing special lol i use WASD to move and during battle i click on monsters until they die or if im trying to grab a item that just dropped. no other inputs.
Go Back To Ladder Slasher Topic List
123Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll