d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > d2jsp > Ladder Slasher > Item Drops Disappearing
Prev123Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 74,290.21
Apr 11 2023 09:27am
Quote (Dotaronomy @ Apr 11 2023 07:59am)
Yep I read it and agreed that "the design has been problematic" -- for me at least. Each his own yadayada. Was just agreeing with OP that it's a pain in the keester

Quote (Dotaronomy @ Apr 11 2023 08:01am)
same

Quote (SlickStyles @ Apr 11 2023 08:19am)
just cause you have no luck doesnt mean its the same for everyone xD 1. ive had higher level characters in the past 2. ive sold maps for hundreds of fg

as for all other responses thank you for information, i didnt know some items like maps that i have lost have a 5 sec timer and thats it, however still happens when i play solo where multiple items drop and i dont have enough time to hover over them before it vanishing.. sometimes 1 item sometimes multiple...
like i said in my main post this has happened while fighting multiple monsters and kill 1 and item drops and my guy is still auto fighting (ok this one makes sense if im auto fighting but its not consistent with the disappearing)
But it also sometimes happens when its only one monster and i kill it and item vanishes within 1-2 seconds not even 5 seconds
and today and 1 other time it has happened with opening a chest..... instantly 3 of the 4 items from the chest vanish...

I'll try to setup recording and see if i can show people what im talking about but im explaining it pretty clearly... nothing special lol i use WASD to move and during battle i click on monsters until they die or if im trying to grab a item that just dropped. no other inputs.

Quote (Vaeflare @ Apr 11 2023 08:06am)
Not saying you guys are wrong, but I’d like to see video evidence of the items poofing. I don’t think I’ve ever experienced it, and I play on my phone 95% of the time.

I will absolutely call them out on being wrong, pending video review ofc, but notice how every time the video review is requested it never materialized because the people realize they were mistaken?

One of three things is happening.

1. They are talking about maps, which does not wait for a timer and just expires after 5 seconds because they are already ,on the map page when they spawn if that makes sense so the timer auto starts.
2. They are clicking on the item so it goes into their inventory before they can finish looking at it
3. They are pressing go to take them back to the explore map page before looking at the items, causing the timer to have Started.

There are no other options. I have done a metric ton of solo both cpu and phone and never has an item disappeared for me without me actively making a button press.
Gold: 79,063.18
Apr 11 2023 09:31am
Quote (a_hotter_otter @ Apr 11 2023 11:27am)
I will absolutely call them out on being wrong, pending video review ofc, but notice how every time the video review is requested it never materialized because the people realize they were mistaken?

One of three things is happening.

1. They are talking about maps, which does not wait for a timer and just expires after 5 seconds because they are already ,on the map page when they spawn if that makes sense so the timer auto starts.
2. They are clicking on the item so it goes into their inventory before they can finish looking at it
3. They are pressing go to take them back to the explore map page before looking at the items, causing the timer to have Started.

There are no other options. I have done a metric ton of solo both cpu and phone and never has an item disappeared for me without me actively making a button press.

Agreed lol.

One other potential ‘confusion’ may be they left an item in the drop box from a previous mob, start a new fight and kill - second item drops in the box before the first disappears. When they go to look at drops, the first item hits its timer and despawns. The second item slides into first slot in drop box and they are perceiving this as items poofing.
Gold: 800.13
Apr 11 2023 09:38am
Quote (hasteful @ Apr 11 2023 11:31am)
Agreed lol.

One other potential ‘confusion’ may be they left an item in the drop box from a previous mob, start a new fight and kill - second item drops in the box before the first disappears. When they go to look at drops, the first item hits its timer and despawns. The second item slides into first slot in drop box and they are perceiving this as items poofing.

I think this is what is happening to OP.
Gold: 442.00
Apr 11 2023 10:36am
Quote (KevlarKondom @ Apr 11 2023 11:00am)
I've experienced this as well though. Like say I kill something and it drops 2 items, almost instantly 1 will disappear half the time. and not due to any of the things you listed.

no, they dont lmao.
plenty of time to grab items lets be real here. hell sometimes my inv fills without me noticing and i can quickly deposit some items in vault and still grab said items in time.

This post was edited by Tr3vor on Apr 11 2023 10:37am
Gold: 1,950.91
Apr 11 2023 11:17am
Quote (Tr3vor @ Apr 11 2023 09:36am)
no, they dont lmao.
plenty of time to grab items lets be real here. hell sometimes my inv fills without me noticing and i can quickly deposit some items in vault and still grab said items in time.

Cool for you, but they do. Why tf would I say they disappear almost instantly if they dont?
Gold: 19,156.34
Apr 11 2023 11:26am
Quote (KevlarKondom @ Apr 11 2023 01:17pm)
Cool for you, but they do. Why tf would I say they disappear almost instantly if they dont?

New people have said this before. Then never showed proof of it happening. Youre doing SOMETHING thats causing the timer to engage.
Gold: 442.00
Apr 11 2023 11:30am

because you are confused or not paying attention.
ive done hundreds of climbs and this has never happened.
Gold: 37,060.95
Apr 11 2023 11:42am
who in their right mind records themselves playing ladder slasher? you can barely find videos on it to begin with.... For those of you saying people complain but never give video proof.... Something is OBVIOUSLY wrong or bad mechanic if this is a repeated issue with new or old players.....
I will setup recording for this purpose when i have time

This post was edited by SlickStyles on Apr 11 2023 11:42am
Gold: 800.13
Apr 11 2023 11:48am
Quote (SlickStyles @ Apr 11 2023 01:42pm)
who in their right mind records themselves playing ladder slasher? you can barely find videos on it to begin with.... For those of you saying people complain but never give video proof.... Something is OBVIOUSLY wrong or bad mechanic if this is a repeated issue with new or old players.....
I will setup recording for this purpose when i have time

Please tag me when you do post the video!
Gold: 79,063.18
Apr 11 2023 12:05pm

It’s ok to be mistaken.

If this truly is a reoccurring problem for you, then it should be super easy for you to screen record and share with us. It looks like you only have like 150 kills on LS in the past 5 years… so if it’s reoccurring surely you can take 10 minutes get 500 kills and show us on video what the problem is.
Go Back To Ladder Slasher Topic List
Prev123Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll