d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Diablo II > Diablo 2 Discussion > Strategy & Guides > Return Of The Shaman > A Continuation
Prev15678925Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 175.01
Nov 12 2019 04:20pm
Quote (Goomshill @ Nov 11 2019 11:57pm)
Having a recastable merc on a blizz sorc would be a pretty significant upside in gm dueling

Not really. It doesn't correct the flaws that make blizz almost unplayable in the highest levels of dueling.
It gives you a way to kill bad zons that don't have their javelin out. That's about it.
Gold: 0.00
Warn: 80%
Nov 12 2019 05:41pm
Quote (Worrywart @ Nov 12 2019 11:20pm)
Not really. It doesn't correct the flaws that make blizz almost unplayable in the highest levels of dueling.
It gives you a way to kill bad zons that don't have their javelin out. That's about it.

Not even. Will dodge the hit for sure.
Gold: 298.00
Nov 13 2019 01:29am
Quote (Goomshill @ Nov 12 2019 07:26pm)
What kind of sorc merc are you building that does 60,000 damage per hit? Does it involve a5 merc with Quark CB and ith arkaines with 4x kings jewels of fervor?
A plain might merc with botd war pike, fort & gillhat, counting aura active, does about 10000 damage per hit, which is 1700 before penalties. Except unlike a grizzly, a merc dies in 1 hit and is then gone indefinitely. A grizzly returns instantly on recast.

You know much about the dudu summons skills.
Is this correct math for grizzly dmg?

Grizzly base dmg * Grizzly ED% dmg * HoW ED% dmg
1366 * 245% ED * 140% ed
1366 * 3,45 * 2,4

? : )
Gold: 22,189.49
Nov 13 2019 07:21am
Quote (gel87 @ Nov 13 2019 01:29am)
You know much about the dudu summons skills.
Is this correct math for grizzly dmg?

Grizzly base dmg * Grizzly ED% dmg * HoW ED% dmg
1366 * 245% ED * 140% ed
1366 * 3,45 * 2,4

? : )

its not multiplicative like that no, %ed is additive, including that granted by grizzly to itself and other druid summons

Grizzly avg base damage is slvl*30-329, with %ed granted by grizzly equal to 10*slvl+15, a 50% chance to level 8 bearsmite for +120% ed (+135% with BC for level 9, so average 67.5%) and 5% chance to crit
HoW adds %ed equal to 7*slvl+13, a skill level boosted by battle command on the spirit

so lets say you've got skilled 20 grizzly and 1 HoW, and a total of +26 grizzly and +23 HoW (+24 after BC). that gives you an average damage of
(46*30-329)*(1+(0.1*46+0.15)+0.675+(0.07*25+0.13))*1.05 = 9082.2

now I've been saying 8k grizzly all this time because I was just plugging the numbers into the druid pet calculator. But after reviewing it, I see the calculator is getting the wrong number of ~8k because its counting bearsmite as +15% in all difficulties and ignoring BC, and doesn't include the 5% crit. If you use +0.075 and lop off the *1.05 above, you arrive at the same 8097.5 the calculator gives. So I'm glad I bothered to look at the actual damage because its higher than I thought.

also for the maximum case of an all-in summon druid with +6/6 pelt and thus 53 grizzly + 53 (+1) HoW and another +93% ed from fanat, that gives;
(53*30-329)*(1+(0.1*53+0.15)+0.675+(0.07*54+0.13)+0.93)*1.05 = 15842.3 (with hoto and no fanat, = 14610.9)
and with +625% ed from a might/pride merc added to that becomes = 24117.6

you can see how a GM pure summoning druid can teleport around smacking people for nearly 15-16k damage (maybe closer to 14k without a godly 6/6 pelt), while a shaman might hit around 9k depending on pelt.

This post was edited by Goomshill on Nov 13 2019 07:26am
Nov 13 2019 01:54pm
I'd also like to point out a possible variant shaman build that emphasizes bear damage and forfeits volcano damage, just planning to use it for its chance to interrupt with block and keep fissure damage
say you have a same normal setup (hoto, enigma, spirit, maras, mages, arach, 2x soj, rare boots) and look for a pelt in preference of +2 druid, grizzly>how>fissure>geddon, then use 9x summoning skillers. And you stat 20 grizzly, 20 how, 20 fissure, 20 volcano, rest firestorm (max at sufficiently high level). Maybe 1 cyclone / shockwave, but getting geddon without pelt might sacrifice fissure damage.

in that setup you're skipping volcano on pelt and going all-in on summoning skillers. If you have 2x facets in a really godly 2/3/3/3 grizzly/how/fissure pelt as opposed to budget delirium, that would end up with;

4481 fissure / -10% resist
1348 combined volcano
13487 grizzly damage with 30k+ AR
(no geddon, or 1 point geddon @ 99 while sacrificing -1 firestorm and no shockwave, or reliant on a lesser pelt)

basically 50% more grizzly damage overall in exchange for losing significant fissure damage and losing the relevancy of your volcano damage.
Nov 13 2019 02:29pm
Quote (Goomshill @ Nov 13 2019 02:21pm)
its not multiplicative like that no, %ed is additive, including that granted by grizzly to itself and other druid summons

Grizzly avg base damage is slvl*30-329, with %ed granted by grizzly equal to 10*slvl+15, a 50% chance to level 8 bearsmite for +120% ed (+135% with BC for level 9, so average 67.5%) and 5% chance to crit
HoW adds %ed equal to 7*slvl+13, a skill level boosted by battle command on the spirit

so lets say you've got skilled 20 grizzly and 1 HoW, and a total of +26 grizzly and +23 HoW (+24 after BC). that gives you an average damage of
(46*30-329)*(1+(0.1*46+0.15)+0.675+(0.07*25+0.13))*1.05 = 9082.2

now I've been saying 8k grizzly all this time because I was just plugging the numbers into the druid pet calculator. But after reviewing it, I see the calculator is getting the wrong number of ~8k because its counting bearsmite as +15% in all difficulties and ignoring BC, and doesn't include the 5% crit. If you use +0.075 and lop off the *1.05 above, you arrive at the same 8097.5 the calculator gives. So I'm glad I bothered to look at the actual damage because its higher than I thought.

also for the maximum case of an all-in summon druid with +6/6 pelt and thus 53 grizzly + 53 (+1) HoW and another +93% ed from fanat, that gives;
(53*30-329)*(1+(0.1*53+0.15)+0.675+(0.07*54+0.13)+0.93)*1.05 = 15842.3 (with hoto and no fanat, = 14610.9)
and with +625% ed from a might/pride merc added to that becomes = 24117.6

you can see how a GM pure summoning druid can teleport around smacking people for nearly 15-16k damage (maybe closer to 14k without a godly 6/6 pelt), while a shaman might hit around 9k depending on pelt.

Thanks for answere. U have link for this pet calculator?

Btw, if ur a wolf then. And if u have 28,6k fully syntenergiezed rabies on a fcr setup. Do the trang boost the fully syntenergized skill into 38k or does it boost the base rabies dmg before syntenergized which would be 25% add of 6,x k?
Cause its a huge sacrifice in both ar, and dmg/ar from HoW boost and dmg from grizzly...
So on my level 91 shaper i now got:
Ammu: 2 skills or 1 skills when HL.
Helm: 2
EoD: 2 skills
BugBelt: 1 skill
Battle Command: 1 skill
torch annie: 4 skill
shapers: shape skill 9
Summon adds on first summon when bo: 3

I can choose to have:
Full fury, werewolf, lycan, HoW, and 12 grizzly, and 2 to get cyclone(yes it works some on a tele shaper)
1 skill raven, wolf, direwolf, rabies, feral rage.

So that adds up to:
level 27 grizzly at first cast and 24 grizzly at further casting. and a decent ar and dmg on fury.

But if i want a fully rabies it would be something like:
1 grizzly, 5 how, 10 werewolf, 20 lycan, 20 fury, 20 rabies, 20 poison creeper.

So i loose:
255% bonus ar and 105% ed from HoW/Werewolf
And i loose most dmg on grizzly
if i go rabies.

I will however get 16% more @ res when ladder reset from rings.
ANd i will loose 2 skills on helm and i can change 6 x 20/5@ with 3/20/20.

So basicly i can add 140 more base ar. Or no, i use raven now, so then i miss 250 ar from there, and get 104 + 109 from fcr rings. So 213 - 250 + 6 * 20 = 83 more base ar.

So rabies will take 36500 * 0,17 * 0,75 = 4300 ish dmg. If valk 08, then 4k blank. Unless there is furter penatlies.

This post was edited by gel87 on Nov 13 2019 02:50pm
Nov 13 2019 03:43pm
I've theorycrafted about rabies/grizzly hybrids or even fury/rabies/grizzly in the past, but you run into some large problems. All your skills have overlapping tactical niches, requiring you to get into melee range of your opponent, and thus are countered by anything which can either kite you or lay traps. If a hammerdin just fidgets in place laying erratic overlapping hammers in one spot, a fury/rabies/grizzly druid can't attack him. You can sit half a screen away watching him and realize the futility. You can try to cast a bear next to him, but it will just instantly die. A shaman on the other hand can simply light up that area with a fissure to force the din to move. Its also a reason why tornado hybrids with grizzly are pretty redundant. Tornado, fury, firestorm, boulder, shockwave, rabies, maul, feral rage, shockwave, fireclaws, grizzly or both wolves- all skills that have either no range or low range. Druids can only use fissure, volcano or guided arrow (eh) to deal any significant damage at a range, maybe geddon if you count people chasing you getting hit offscreen. And boy I'm not sure I want to see a grizzly/guided arrow hybrid trying to use HoW to make itself relevant
the other obvious problem is that fury and rabies are terrible skills and will never catch anyone. a grizzly can hit someone off a teleport before a druid can even start his next cast animation, faster than a 200 fcr sorc stomping someone (or is it equal? these off by ones confuse me). Trying to teleport on top of someone, shapeshift, be on random skill cooldown, then try to connect a melee range attack that needs double AR checks- yeah right. People here have tried dedicated tele-rabies builds before and they really don't work, trying to hybridize them doesn't really solve that. The only way you can connect rabies at all is if you already connected a bear strike to interrupt their cast and followed up with 2 more bear hits in the time it took to shapeshift and use rabies. And then you could have just killed them with 3 bear hits.
the last problem is that rabies doesn't do enough damage. When you sacrifice the gear required just to make a reasonable FCR teleporting druid even on a pure rabies build, you've already lost enough damage it won't kill people from full hp, which is a pretty significant threshold for a skill that's taking 20+ seconds to deal its damage. But trying to hybridize without full skillers or -resist gear just makes rabies pointless. If you've got 36500 damage and someone has 75% resist you'll deal ~1550 hp after resists, and unlike other poisons you can't count on double duration because rabies constantly reapplies itself with lower and lower duration up until it ends and the last tick overwrites it with 0 duration and its gone. Heck, rabies might deal more damage if you let someone get damaged by it for less than a second, then teleport into stony field and let it tick down for double duration
Gold: 111.00
Nov 14 2019 11:35am
Quote (Goomshill @ Nov 13 2019 04:43pm)
I've theorycrafted about rabies/grizzly hybrids or even fury/rabies/grizzly in the past, but you run into some large problems. All your skills have overlapping tactical niches, requiring you to get into melee range of your opponent, and thus are countered by anything which can either kite you or lay traps. If a hammerdin just fidgets in place laying erratic overlapping hammers in one spot, a fury/rabies/grizzly druid can't attack him. You can sit half a screen away watching him and realize the futility. You can try to cast a bear next to him, but it will just instantly die. A shaman on the other hand can simply light up that area with a fissure to force the din to move. Its also a reason why tornado hybrids with grizzly are pretty redundant. Tornado, fury, firestorm, boulder, shockwave, rabies, maul, feral rage, shockwave, fireclaws, grizzly or both wolves- all skills that have either no range or low range. Druids can only use fissure, volcano or guided arrow (eh) to deal any significant damage at a range, maybe geddon if you count people chasing you getting hit offscreen. And boy I'm not sure I want to see a grizzly/guided arrow hybrid trying to use HoW to make itself relevant
the other obvious problem is that fury and rabies are terrible skills and will never catch anyone. a grizzly can hit someone off a teleport before a druid can even start his next cast animation, faster than a 200 fcr sorc stomping someone (or is it equal? these off by ones confuse me). Trying to teleport on top of someone, shapeshift, be on random skill cooldown, then try to connect a melee range attack that needs double AR checks- yeah right. People here have tried dedicated tele-rabies builds before and they really don't work, trying to hybridize them doesn't really solve that. The only way you can connect rabies at all is if you already connected a bear strike to interrupt their cast and followed up with 2 more bear hits in the time it took to shapeshift and use rabies. And then you could have just killed them with 3 bear hits.
the last problem is that rabies doesn't do enough damage. When you sacrifice the gear required just to make a reasonable FCR teleporting druid even on a pure rabies build, you've already lost enough damage it won't kill people from full hp, which is a pretty significant threshold for a skill that's taking 20+ seconds to deal its damage. But trying to hybridize without full skillers or -resist gear just makes rabies pointless. If you've got 36500 damage and someone has 75% resist you'll deal ~1550 hp after resists, and unlike other poisons you can't count on double duration because rabies constantly reapplies itself with lower and lower duration up until it ends and the last tick overwrites it with 0 duration and its gone. Heck, rabies might deal more damage if you let someone get damaged by it for less than a second, then teleport into stony field and let it tick down for double duration

:hail:
Nov 15 2019 10:30am
Quote (Goomshill @ Nov 13 2019 10:43pm)

Then i guess u have not tried 100fcr wolf with +4 range adder giant tresher on BOTH sides and 195 awsome frw where 30 of them is not bugged :P
On eu i currently have 2 x eth tombs, so i lose 1 range adder compared to dual GT's, i have 68fcr, but when ladder reset i get a nice 100fcr eq(50fhr).

That build reaches people, so far i have only tried on a laggy course pc on a Maersk Drilling Rig, once it took 5 seconds from i clicked to the druid actually shapechanged so wont be a relevant example yet. But on asgard i reach people quite nice both by running and teleporting.
Thanks for answering the question about grizzly and rabies dmg. I guess rabies aint worth it.

So im left with the grizzly/how/max fury telewolf atm. Level 91 with 14 base grizzly and 20base HoW.
I tried the formula on grizzly in excel but something failed...
I have +12 druid skills(none cta cast)
Which gives level 26 grizzly and level 32 HOW.
When i put the formel inn i get this:

so lets say you've got skilled 14 grizzly and 20 HoW, and a total of +12 grizzly and +12 HoW that gives you an average damage of
(26*30-329)*(1+(0.1*26+0.15)+0.675+(0.07*35+0.13))*1.05 = xxxx
average between 30 and 329 = 149,5, 149,5*26 = 3887.
3887 * (1+(0,1*26+0,15)+0,675+(0,07*35*0,13))*1,05 = 19360 average dmg.

Adding level 21 conc, 15 might from merc:
19360*1+((360+170)/100) = 121967 dmg.

It seems wrong to me xD TO high xD
What did i do wrong? First point: 26 * 30-329... I guess 30 min and 329 max?
Are there anything wrong with the paranteces?
Please help me out :D

P.S
What i did with the hammers in asgard was:
- Die if they go offensive and smite you if in trouble, unless i was able to wsg meanwhile spamming 1 and 1 fury series, then they could go down with lucky hits, we are talking 18k def, 50% dr, 6,5k lifed hammers....
- Teleport in front of their charge and fury the ground and they charge into it and often died.
- Jump in their blindspot with full Zoo and fury.
- Wsg close and fury from 6 ranges away when they was at the outer point of joderfields.

Found a pet calulator now if i level to level 97 and get 20base grizzly:
It says: 4287,25 average.

With auras:
7694 average

This post was edited by gel87 on Nov 15 2019 10:39am
Gold: 0.00
Nov 15 2019 03:21pm
How do you instantly teleport after casting volcano to chain grizzly
Go Back To Strategy & Guides Topic List
Prev15678925Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll