d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Diablo II > Diablo 2 Discussion > Strategy & Guides > Resurrecting The Damach Zon For 2.4 > D2:R
Prev134567Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 0.00
Feb 3 2022 03:03pm
Quote (Goomshill @ Feb 3 2022 09:40pm)
In most normal gear setups, players have -100% poison length reduce in hell and plague will last 6 seconds on them. Not many people have PLR at all.

Man don't exaggerate..., most players have completed Anya's quest and have Anni&Torch ><. In addition, most PvP players cap all resistances (although it is true that the poison resis is left more neglected.)

I haven't played d2 for many years (since 1.9), but since I started D2r I've seen a lot of videos.
https://www.youtube.com/user/Maty514/videos
Here Most players wear good resis.

Quote (keissia @ Feb 3 2022 04:44pm)
There are things I don't understand... Why isn't PlagueJav BM? How do I fight vs a Smiter/VT with 48-50%DR+5k hp+75%block? or a 75%block+50% DR BABA, around 6.5-7k HP?-Being an amazon without equipping a shield I can be one-shotted; and if I misstep even with StormShield.
I'm probably rusty, I haven't played since 1.9 (I played the first few weeks of 1.10 but my ACC was removed).

Quote (keissia @ Feb 3 2022 06:16pm)
I can understand that PlagueJavaline is OP versus Nec&Druid&Other Amas&Ranger&Caster...etc. And it would be good if they weren't allowed in combat against them: GA/MA/Strafe/LightingFury are already powerful tools vs these. But on the other hand I think PlagueJavaline should be allowed against kickAssa&BabaWW&smiter/VT...etc.

PlagueJavaline'll be OP vs some setups. But VS others should be allowed.(Ej:Smiter)
Gold: 22,164.69
Feb 3 2022 03:08pm
Quote (keissia @ Feb 3 2022 03:03pm)
Man don't exaggerate..., most players have completed Anya's quest and have Anni&Torch ><. In addition, most PvP players cap all resistances (although it is true that the poison resis is left more neglected.)

I haven't played d2 for many years (since 1.9), but since I started D2r I've seen a lot of videos.

Anya's quest, torch and anni do not give PLR
PLR is set to 0/-40/-100% in norm/nm/hell, and capped at [-100/+75] like other resists.
It is only given by items that say "% poison length reduced". It is not increased by % all resists or % poison resist. It is however decreased by -% poison resist from items by an attacker, which reduces both their poison resist and poison length resist (only from items, like facets/deaths web, not from lower resist curse which only reduces poison resist not PLR).

Not many common pieces of gear have PLR, only some random rares are usually featuring it at all in PvP setups. Sometimes people have a crafted amulet with 75% PLR or rare circlets, which can be a huge deal in matchups against ghosts and now plague zons (not a concern for poison necros, who negate it with their -resists on items). Otherwise the only items might be 25% on a rare ring and/or boots. As a result, the vast majority of people have -100% PLR in hell, some have -75%, very rarely do they have above -75%

This post was edited by Goomshill on Feb 3 2022 03:10pm
Gold: 114,961.69
Feb 3 2022 03:09pm
Quote (keissia @ Feb 3 2022 03:03pm)

PlagueJavaline'll be OP vs some setups. But VS others should be allowed.(Ej:Smiter)

Resist and poison lengths are different.

This is why people like you shouldn’t type
Gold: 0.00
Feb 3 2022 03:23pm
Quote (Goomshill @ Feb 3 2022 10:08pm)
PLR is set to 0/-40/-100% in norm/nm/hell, and capped at [-100/+75] like other resists.
It is only given by items that say "% poison length reduced". It is not increased by % all resists or % poison resist. It is however decreased by -% poison resist from items by an attacker, which reduces both their poison resist and poison length resist (only from items, like facets/deaths web, not from lower resist curse which only reduces poison resist not PLR).

Not many common pieces of gear have PLR, only some random rares are usually featuring it at all in PvP setups. Sometimes people have a crafted amulet with 75% PLR or rare circlets, which can be a huge deal in matchups against ghosts and now plague zons. Otherwise the only items might be 25% on a rare ring and/or boots. As a result, the vast majority of people have -100% PLR in hell, some have -75%, very rarely do they have above -75%

Ahh okk.
I was completely unaware of that information. Thank you very much for clarifying ;) . Every day I learn something new from this game hehe

Quote (Overpriced @ Feb 3 2022 10:09pm)
Resist and poison lengths are different.

This is why people like you shouldn’t type

With that way of thinking... only veterans could play this game.
If I have joined this forum it is precisely for that very reason, to learn about game mechanics.

Gold: 383.00
Feb 3 2022 07:14pm
Quote (Goomshill @ Feb 3 2022 10:08pm)

Not many common pieces of gear have PLR, only some random rares are usually featuring it at all in PvP setups. Sometimes people have a crafted amulet with 75% PLR or rare circlets, which can be a huge deal in matchups against ghosts and now plague zons (not a concern for poison necros, who negate it with their -resists on items). Otherwise the only items might be 25% on a rare ring and/or boots. As a result, the vast majority of people have -100% PLR in hell, some have -75%, very rarely do they have above -75%

Actually ur most likely to find that on es sorcerer xD
Some of those May have an rather decent setup with 175plr equip.
Gold: 1.00
Feb 5 2022 08:26pm
So i want to be a good zon and not die in pubs what do i do and what do i use?
Feb 6 2022 01:50am
Quote (E36Boost @ Feb 6 2022 03:26am)
So i want to be a good zon and not die in pubs what do i do and what do i use?

The gear i posted works good.
Dont need to be as perfect to work...

Lets look resist first, as its hard to get, we want at least 175@:
Torch annie = up to 40@
Small charms (9x) = 40@
Anya quest = 30@
Stormshield with jewel/faith mb = 15@

We are now at:
125@

@ ammus are often cheap...
20@ in ammu and we have 145.

10@ in ring and we are at 165.

That leave us with possible up to 20@ in diadem which would leave us at 185.

However such perfect ammounts are unlikely.
So by using this we need a total ammount of 40@ from ring+ammu+diadem.

A easy fix is ofc 2 x 15ias/15@ jools in helm instead of 15ias/ed%. However the physical dmg on both bow and jav side is really king. My build was a bit different on eunl, due to bug belt/sop and the possibility to put on eniOfDuress if needing more res, and had some inzane stack fcr rings and such. But i mostly just kept my main gear vs all and relied on dodge to win vs blizz and foh stuff.
So i had 70% block with sop on here, so statted loads of dex, which also helps physical dmg. My listed dmg was 2,4k or smt. This sounds low, but its nearly half of a full bowa with gmb, and shot at max fpa. Really lovely espesially vs barbs and paladins.

Another easy fix is ofc 3resi boots, or aldurs for fr... In combi with stack fcr ring for the 1 element missing. However again the physical dmg from wts really was clutch for me...
Gold: 7,373.00
Feb 6 2022 06:39am
So I did some testing:
You hit more after than expected after the first block animation ( more than 11 in average). Congrats, ama isn't broken tier. You can teleport out after either block or dogde animation = broken. Enigma could be declared BM on Ama because she can get away in 89% of all situations unscathed unlike other classes. The other thing, knockback and slow don't seem to work as they should so once you LF a barb chasing you you can't slow him down or keep away with ias+knockback alone so enigma becomes GM again for ama. Strafe is really strong in PTR 2.4, I mean the dmg and targeting. The broken part is when someone tries to chase you. You could dodge while strafing away until they're dead. They can't put you into consecutive fhr, you fire away much faster than with guided arrow or they can block.

This post was edited by babun1024 on Feb 6 2022 06:39am
Feb 6 2022 06:55am
Quote (babun1024 @ Feb 6 2022 01:39pm)
So I did some testing:
You hit more after than expected after the first block animation ( more than 11 in average). Congrats, ama isn't broken tier. You can teleport out after either block or dogde animation = broken. Enigma could be declared BM on Ama because she can get away in 89% of all situations unscathed unlike other classes. The other thing, knockback and slow don't seem to work as they should so once you LF a barb chasing you you can't slow him down or keep away with ias+knockback alone so enigma becomes GM again for ama. Strafe is really strong in PTR 2.4, I mean the dmg and targeting. The broken part is when someone tries to chase you. You could dodge while strafing away until they're dead. They can't put you into consecutive fhr, you fire away much faster than with guided arrow or they can block.

Block dont have a next delay, but the animation of block "fbr" does.
Gold: 102.00
Feb 6 2022 07:00am
Quote (babun1024 @ Feb 6 2022 07:39am)
So I did some testing:

Knock back isn’t working correctly? That’s a pretty big deal.
Go Back To Strategy & Guides Topic List
Prev134567Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll