d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Sports Coliseum > Health & Fitness > 100% Free Advice From A Professional > Ask Anything To A Trainer/bodybuilder
Prev18578588598608612039Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 8,422.77
Trader: Trusted
Jun 1 2011 11:21pm
Quote (machetebill @ Jun 1 2011 09:29pm)
Could you explain fasted cardio? I seem to get many different view points. Thanks.

when performing cardio on a fast (ie: when you first wake up in the morning), you are enabling the body to directly burn fat in the most efficient manner possible (with depleted glycogen stores). This is essentially a form of TKD - targeted ketosis - and enables the body to burn fat much more quickly and directly opposed to general exercise with full glycogen stores. In order for the body to start burning fat from exercise, glycogen must first be depleted. As a result, it generally takes quite a while of doing exercise before the body begins to break down fat. In order to fix this, the best time to do cardio (assuming you are on typical cutting) is first thing in the morning (you are already depleted) and post workout (again you are depleted).
Jun 1 2011 11:32pm
Quote (Danny1024 @ Jun 1 2011 10:29pm)
Sup bro, I have a question about diet.

I'm 5'10 145-150lbs. Trying to get up to 165-70 so I want to gain about 20lbs. I'm lifting 2-3 times a week and doing cardio 2-3 times a week. (I'm actually following one of the routines that you posted in here)

anyways... my question has to do with diet and meals... I'm eating all that I can... from the time that I get up to the time that I go to sleep (fuck sometimes I even wake up in the middle of the night and eat a snack....) I just don't think I'm gaining enough or taking in enough calories.

Right now I think I'm at somewhere between 2500-3000 calories a day, is that enough? Also I'm drinking 2x protein shakes a day so I'm getting around 800 calories just from that...

Can you recommend some good foods or if I need to change anything (IE Eat specific things).

Also I am lactose intolerant which limits what I can eat.

Hey man, let me give you my hardgainer diet...this will help you out a lot....you need more than just a simple bulking diet at this point I'm afraid. However, enjoy being a hardgainer, it is a great thing...much easier to become a bodybuilder if you ever want to ;-)

http://forums.d2jsp.org/topic.php?t=21269614&f=60&p=345094501
Hardgainer Diet and Exercise Guide
Jun 1 2011 11:35pm
Quote (Darkblue @ Jun 1 2011 10:44pm)
If I may
I've been following the conversation you've been having Raynor and Armani
and as someone who's always been told he gives great advice...
I have to say that Raynor is giving you amazing advice, I actually really enjoyed reading it
I can relate to everything your going through Armani, I had gone through it in the past for a year and once again for another year recently
Try and take time to discover yourself Armani and find something you love, like Raynor was saying
and as for women, I thought the same thing...just wouldn't find someone for me...like I was set at thinking that and basically I would talk exactly as you are right now
but things have a funny way to working out when you throw yourself into something you love, start socializing more with people and keep yourself in shape...brings back joy in your life
Don't worry yourself thinking there won't be anyone or nothing will work out...sometimes the best technique you can use while in this position is to fake-it-till-you-make-it, it will draw more positivity towards you--I always use the analogy that it's like bluffing in poker, you can make something out of nothing, until you build your stack of chips up (success/happiness/etc.) and then you won't have to fake it anymore because you'll already be there.
I followed this and I came back from major depression and traumatic stress, I'm doing good in college...workout nearly every day, and found myself a girl who's amazing; like I said things just have a way of working out, it just takes time and finding happiness for yourself first.

Anyways, I thought I'd just throw that in there and mention that you had AMAZING advice in this Raynor, considering it isn't the typical topic that would come about in your thread. Sorry if I was impinging on your turf at all.

As for myself, I have been bulking for quite some time now; not strictly but I have been able to gain 30 lbs.
So now I'm thinking it's time to cut...I've read your cutting workout before, the cardio before and after seems pretty intense though...would it be as effective to just do the HIIT post-workout only rather than both? I'd figure you'd burn most of your glycogen stores within the resistance training alone
And as dieting, do you know of any tools that can help me figure out my Energy Expenditure fairly accurately in order to determine where I have to be along with the 500 cal. deficiency

+1000000 thanks for the very kind and also inspirational words....I'm sure Armani will appreciate it as well =)

In regard to your diet question...yes you can do just the HIIT post workout only....especially if you are not naturally heavy...but have managed to gain 30 lbs through hard work. It should be no problem shredding up. PWO HIIT is great stuff because of the glycogen depletion.

To get 500 cals depleted you need around 1 hour and 10 minutes of INTENSE physical activity. That means hypertrophy/cutting cycle style weight lifting (no breaks/very short breaks between sets, compounds, drop sets, etc)

This post was edited by SKCRaynor on Jun 1 2011 11:37pm
Gold: Locked
Jun 2 2011 03:26am
Quote (SKCRaynor @ Jun 1 2011 06:04pm)
Hey there...this is totally normal - time for hypertrophy training. You need to alternate these for about 3 months each (5x5 and hypertrophy) for optimal results.

The best ones are the first two REGULAR ones, the other two are modified for specific purposes. I advise the first two unless you absolutely can't do them

http://forums.d2jsp.org/topic.php?t=21269614&f=60&p=345358141
Hypertrophy Plan 3-on-1-off (regular)

http://forums.d2jsp.org/topic.php?t=21269614&f=60&p=352563664
Hypertrophy 5 day split (regular)

http://forums.d2jsp.org/topic.php?t=21269614&f=60&p=353331310
Hypertrophy Plan 3-on-1-off (modified for BB, DB, and Bench)

http://forums.d2jsp.org/topic.php?t=21269614&f=60&p=353331310
Hypertrophy with at home gym equipment (modified)

is this like a rest from 5x5 or more isolation to improve smaller muscles. because i want to get quite strong before i go to bodybuilding :)
Gold: 576.00
Jun 2 2011 05:13am
When benchpressing for increasing arm size should I do reps or strength?
Additionally, if it's reps how many should I have to put the weight down at?
Gold: 18,204.00
Jun 2 2011 08:35am
Hey raynor. I am 3 days into keto and last time I was on keto this is where I got my first traces. Obviously its not a huge deal that I don't have any traces but I had some questions

On casein has surclose ( sp?) In it. Should I be concerned with that?

Second, I like taking pre workouts on keto. If they have citric acid in them should I avoid them or not worry about it cuz its just once per day.

Thanks alot!
Gold: 0.01
Jun 2 2011 08:53am
Quote (SKCRaynor @ Jun 2 2011 05:21am)
when performing cardio on a fast (ie: when you first wake up in the morning), you are enabling the body to directly burn fat in the most efficient manner possible (with depleted glycogen stores). This is essentially a form of TKD - targeted ketosis - and enables the body to burn fat much more quickly and directly opposed to general exercise with full glycogen stores. In order for the body to start burning fat from exercise, glycogen must first be depleted. As a result, it generally takes quite a while of doing exercise before the body begins to break down fat. In order to fix this, the best time to do cardio (assuming you are on typical cutting) is first thing in the morning (you are already depleted) and post workout (again you are depleted).

Should I take BCAAs before I do fasted cardio? Or just go with it?
Gold: 0.00
Jun 2 2011 09:56am
Quote (SKCRaynor @ Jun 2 2011 01:35am)
+1000000  thanks for the very kind and also inspirational words....I'm sure Armani will appreciate it as well =)

In regard to your diet question...yes you can do just the HIIT post workout only....especially if you are not naturally heavy...but have managed to gain 30 lbs through hard work. It should be no problem shredding up. PWO HIIT is great stuff because of the glycogen depletion.

To get 500 cals depleted you need around 1 hour and 10 minutes of INTENSE physical activity. That means hypertrophy/cutting cycle style weight lifting (no breaks/very short breaks between sets, compounds, drop sets, etc)

Np love to help

Hmm, what I meant though for the energy expenditure part was if you happen to have a tool or guideline that can help me calculate or know my energy expenditure.
ex: calculate my BMR and then all the activities I do in a day (or an estimation guide) to then tell me how much energy I spend in a day...which can help me then to know what I need in order to maintain my weight and or bulk/cut by adding or making a deficit
Gold: 50.00
Jun 2 2011 01:47pm
Do you know any place online where I can find LARGE food containers. Like I'm looking for a container that is vertically tall and can store lots of food.

Thanks
Gold: 68,412.69
Warn: 10%
Jun 2 2011 02:10pm
got any tips on bringing TASTEFUL nutrious meals to work?
most stuff i bring ends up tasting like shit when i re heat it in the microwave

what are some alternate meals?
Go Back To Health & Fitness Topic List
Prev18578588598608612039Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll