d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Sports Coliseum > Health & Fitness > 100% Free Advice From A Professional > Ask Anything To A Trainer/bodybuilder
Prev18558568578588592039Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 8,422.77
Trader: Trusted
May 31 2011 11:32pm
Quote (Celebrity @ Jun 1 2011 12:14am)
So the GAT won't produce "The Jitters" or anything like that?

It MAY...it all depends on the person, all "fat burners" are stimulants and can have that effect...best option is to try it and see how it goes. "jitters" are a good thing that usually means your BMR is highly elevated.
Gold: 260.00
May 31 2011 11:42pm
Empty your inbox
Gold: Locked
Jun 1 2011 03:15am
i was doing 5x5 strength for about 31/2months, made a few nice gains but they seem to have stopped.
so should i lower the weight and do more reps? 8-10. then go back to 5x5 after a few weeks.
also my benchpress has increased after ive added dumbell presses, would this work if did dumbell shoulder presses instead barbell presses for a while.
Gold: 0.00
Jun 1 2011 09:12am
Quote (SKCRaynor @ May 31 2011 11:04pm)
Well I definitely do have some answers for you.

A few things you need to know about depression.

1. It sometimes is caused by chemical and hormonal imbalances
2. It sometimes is genetic
3. It sometimes is caused by "lack of purpose"

The solution to all 3 of those things is usually in the form of ONE thing....

finding something in life that truly makes you HAPPY and doing it. I don't necessarily mean a career, or a hobby, but it could certainly be either. For example, I truly love medicine and health - the study, the art, the life, everything about it. That is what keeps me going through school despite the unbelievable stress and sacrifice that comes with it.

Sit down and think to yourself, what REALLY does it for you? Judging by your signature, you seem to have a penchant for baseball. Maybe you just like to watch, perhaps...but maybe you like to play? Maybe you should start playing in a men's league or for college if possible. If neither exist, find a rec league...pick up games, anything.

If this is NOT your style...think, what really does it for you? Video games? Women? Cars? Planes? Boats? Surfing? Powerlifting? RC Cars? Coin Collecting? Sports Cards? Performing/Acting? Music? etc. - Just really take some time to think about this.

Once you figure out what really makes you happy, you need to throw yourself into that...immerse your life in that, forget whatever you are doing, and jump in and never look back. You will be so glad you did....it is truly a mind and body altering experience to do what you love and dedicate your life to it.

Second to that is psychologically understanding the root of your depression. There is a good possibility some of it is stemming from your parents divorce, or even your inability to find romantic relationships from fear of inadequacy or being turned down. To solve this...I highly recommend getting some sessions with a psychiatrist. Check some reviews online and find a good one in your general area. Insurance typically covers this for around 2-3 sessions a month depending. Either way, it is WORTH IT...I recommend once a week for an hour each time. This will really start to help you confront the reason you are feeling the way you are.

The third method is to address all health/diet/exercise issues and balance them out. However, I am assuming that you have this already under control - if you feel that you don't please give me your sample meal plan as exercise plan and I will investigate it. Also your supplements and any alcohol/drug/tobacco use.

Lastly...in regards to women...the best advice I can give you would be to stop thinking so much. Live each day like it was your last in regard to women. You need to be a good person, but have NO REGRETS. If a woman turns you down...don't forget that there are millions more to take their place. Be polite, but be firm in your approach. Feel free to be yourself and act like an asshole if that suits you...but just remember the key point here is to BE YOURSELF AND HAVE NO REGRETS. Fear is the mind killer...truly and honestly...do not let it rule your life...lest you be in its servitude forever.

Who controls you....your mind....or fear? The answer in due time better be...."your mind."

I hope this helped you out....if you want more time to discuss this further, let me know...also feel free to follow up with any other questions/comments.

That's the thing, I used to collect baseball cards, just waste of money now, was more a childhood thing.
On other notes, my hobbies I had that I loved, I lost the love for them and the motivation.

I took up brazilian jiu jitsu, got mononucleosis, and stopped going for a month + and lost love for it.
Same with basketball, tennis, and baseball, each of which I was very successful in high school and first two years of college.
I just don't feel I have the time for hobbies, internships and school take up a lot of time.

As for the women aspect, most of the ones I was very interested in are gone, graduated and moved away although both are only an hour or two drive.
Jun 1 2011 12:02pm
Quote (Wild @ Jun 1 2011 01:42am)
Empty your inbox

Sorry, I can not reply to PM's at this time.

If the issue is of a VERY personal nature, please let me know and I will see what I can do.

Other than that...if the question can be shared, please post it on here.

thanks
Jun 1 2011 12:04pm
Quote (lepInTheHood @ Jun 1 2011 05:15am)
i was doing 5x5 strength for about 31/2months, made a few nice gains but they seem to have stopped.
so should i lower the weight and do more reps? 8-10. then go back to 5x5 after a few weeks.
also my benchpress has increased after ive added dumbell presses, would this work if did dumbell shoulder presses instead barbell presses for a while.

Hey there...this is totally normal - time for hypertrophy training. You need to alternate these for about 3 months each (5x5 and hypertrophy) for optimal results.

The best ones are the first two REGULAR ones, the other two are modified for specific purposes. I advise the first two unless you absolutely can't do them

http://forums.d2jsp.org/topic.php?t=21269614&f=60&p=345358141
Hypertrophy Plan 3-on-1-off (regular)

http://forums.d2jsp.org/topic.php?t=21269614&f=60&p=352563664
Hypertrophy 5 day split (regular)

http://forums.d2jsp.org/topic.php?t=21269614&f=60&p=353331310
Hypertrophy Plan 3-on-1-off (modified for BB, DB, and Bench)

http://forums.d2jsp.org/topic.php?t=21269614&f=60&p=353331310
Hypertrophy with at home gym equipment (modified)
Jun 1 2011 12:13pm
Quote (Armani_Code @ Jun 1 2011 11:12am)
That's the thing, I used to collect baseball cards, just waste of money now, was more a childhood thing.
On other notes, my hobbies I had that I loved, I lost the love for them and the motivation.

I took up brazilian jiu jitsu, got mononucleosis, and stopped going for a month + and lost love for it.
Same with basketball, tennis, and baseball, each of which I was very successful in high school and first two years of college.
I just don't feel I have the time for hobbies, internships and school take up a lot of time.

As for the women aspect, most of the ones I was very interested in are gone, graduated and moved away although both are only an hour or two drive.

As per your reply, this tells me a lot about you...moreso than the original post.

Let me explain a few things...first of all, forget about time for a minute, and forget about reasons why something "can't" happen. I want you to genuinely think about WHAT MAKES YOU HAPPY. Just stop and think about it. Pretend the world is currently standing still right now...and there is nothing else going on...and you can freely pick whatever you want to do (within reason - no murdering people or flying around on jet packs lol). After you come to this realization, please do tell me what it is (if you feel like you can share it).

If you feel that you can't share it, I highly advise for you to start changing your life to accommodate that. Think about this for a minute...pretend you are in law school, and you hate it. Pretend your real passion is cooking....but you feel there isn't any money in that, or you feel that you won't be a good enough success, or you don't want to go to school for it. You need to immerse yourself in what you LOVE. Forget the laws school, forget every aspect of your life that is dragging you down. I am enabling you to become liberated from the chains of modern life which restrict us and prevent us from doing what we truly want to do that makes us happy, all for fear of not making enough money, or from fear of not being successful. If there's one thing I've learned in my years...it's that success and money ALWAYS come with something you truly love, are passionate about, and dedicate yourself to....no matter how silly or different it might be.

I IMPLORE you to please sit down and think about what really makes you happy....not like just a little happy...I mean deep down inside happy...content...proud of yourself, and so forth.

Secondly, as for women...there are two sides to your issues...first of all...there will never be just TWO women who you are interested in...not a chance. There will be thousands of women that you will at some point meet or come in contact with that you would genuinely like to cultivate a relationship with IF you allowed yourself the time and opportunity to do so. Sometimes you have to LET GO of what "was" and move onto something that "will be."

the other point about those women....so what if these two different girls moved 1-2 hours away....if you REALLY cared enough for either of them...you would drive yourself down there and spend some time with them. After all what is 1-2 hours down and another 1-2 hours back if it makes you happy? If you tell me that the 1-2 hour drive in each direction doesn't make you happy...then you genuinely don't care about either of them...and I mean that.

When you meet a woman that you absolutely fall for, you are going to move mountains to be able to see her...you will do pretty much anything. It's a weird feeling and it overtakes you...the next step in that puzzle is deciding whether or not she deserves it or not...but that's a different issue.

Please read and take in all that I have said, and take the time to realize what genuinely makes you happy...and really soul search before replying back. If it helps, meditate first....dark silent room, sitting or laying in a position of comfort, eyes closed, focus on NOTHING but your breathing....do this for as long as it takes for you to be at peace....and then ask yourself the question(s)
Jun 1 2011 01:15pm
i'm 20 6'5" 270
just looking for a daily workout
more importantly a daily diet plan
have a gym membership havent really used it but i know its time to get more active
prolly gained like 45lbs over the last year and a half
Jun 1 2011 01:45pm
Quote (Wild @ Jun 1 2011 03:15pm)
i'm 20 6'5" 270
just looking for a daily workout
more importantly a daily diet plan
have a gym membership havent really used it but i know its time to get more active
prolly gained like 45lbs over the last year and a half

Hey there...here is what you need...

http://forums.d2jsp.org/topic.php?t=21269614&p=304616466
anabolic cutting diet (cyclical keto diet)

http://forums.d2jsp.org/topic.php?t=21269614&f=60&p=304396247
Cutting Workout Routine

http://forums.d2jsp.org/topic.php?t=21269614&f=60&p=330745031
Abs Workout Routine

Once you hit your target bodyfat %, you can begin bulking or maintenance.
Jun 1 2011 02:11pm
Quote (SKCRaynor @ Jun 1 2011 02:45pm)
Hey there...here is what you need...

http://forums.d2jsp.org/topic.php?t=21269614&p=304616466
anabolic cutting diet (cyclical keto diet)

http://forums.d2jsp.org/topic.php?t=21269614&f=60&p=304396247
Cutting Workout Routine

http://forums.d2jsp.org/topic.php?t=21269614&f=60&p=330745031
Abs Workout Routine

Once you hit your target bodyfat %, you can begin bulking or maintenance.

forgot to tell you i cant have nuts and im lactoseintolerant :/
this may be a problem
Go Back To Health & Fitness Topic List
Prev18558568578588592039Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll