d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Sports Coliseum > Health & Fitness > 100% Free Advice From A Professional > Ask Anything To A Trainer/bodybuilder
Prev18318328338348352039Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 8,422.77
Trader: Trusted
May 14 2011 08:37pm
Quote (ironhail @ May 14 2011 02:24pm)

Yes that is the method for making ph buffered creatine, aka kre alkalyn...I was already aware of the method...good post though
May 14 2011 08:38pm
Quote (MarkorGather @ May 14 2011 03:37pm)
I went to my mothers house yesterday, for a late mothers day surprise. (She hasn't seen me since I started my keto / workout regiment. She actually didnt know I started it.) And she told me i looked alot different. And I told her about the keto diet, and she is really interested in it. She has type 2 diabetes, I told her that it reduces the effects of diabetes and she wants to start on it. If you could set up a diet for her that would be awesome. Not sure she wants to do much weightlifting. She walks and stuff tho.

Stats:

5 Foot
140 lbs
53 yrs old

Give her the SAME keto diet that you are following, but modify the calories down to 1,300 per day.

To do this, just make each of the meals smaller than the ones you are eating on your plan. Example, instead of 3 eggs, she would have 2 eggs. Instead of 6 oz of chicken, she'd have 4 oz, and so forth.
May 14 2011 08:39pm
Quote (MegaVovaN @ May 14 2011 05:39pm)
Hey raynor, I think I sprained my ankle today while walking downstairs. It looks like its all swollen (as shown in the pic). It feels like a dull throbbing pain but I can still walk, with a little limp. Is this serious enough for me to consider going to a doctor? Or will it heal by itself?

http://imageshack.us/m/96/5254/20110514163632688.jpg

Also, how long will this take to heal?

RICE methiod all the way....rest/ice/compression/elevation

don't use it for a few days, it will heal on its own.

anti inflammatory meds also (ibuprofen)
May 14 2011 08:41pm
Quote (Jerm @ May 14 2011 09:32pm)
Harro
I've been in the army for coming on 2 years and my physique has been on a decline. I want to get back into working out but really all I've ever done is pushups/situps/run. I've seen a few videos where guys work out 365 days and I'd like to form my lifestyle to that to achieve a similar goal with my current body. One big problem I have is my diet, I'm used to being able to eat whatever and it not affecting me, however that seems to be slowing down.
5"11'
161 lbs
20 years old
Not really sure what else to put, thanks for any help/ideas

Hey there...check these out:

http://forums.d2jsp.org/topic.php?t=21269614&f=60&p=345300636
5x5 plan

http://forums.d2jsp.org/topic.php?t=21269614&f=60&p=345358141
Hypertrophy Plan 3-on-1-off (regular)

http://forums.d2jsp.org/topic.php?t=21269614&f=60&p=352563664
Hypertrophy 5 day split (modified)

http://forums.d2jsp.org/topic.php?t=21269614&f=60&p=330745031
Abs Workout Routine

http://forums.d2jsp.org/topic.php?t=21269614&f=60&p=331731288
Bodyweight exercises

http://forums.d2jsp.org/topic.php?t=21269614&f=60&p=335896241
Bulking Diet, workout, and supplement guide

http://forums.d2jsp.org/topic.php?t=21269614&f=60&p=342289401
Supplement Guide
May 14 2011 08:42pm
Quote (KramerFtw @ May 14 2011 09:43pm)
Hey raynor, Which supplements do you think are NEEDED?

I use Whey and multivitamin (shit walmart multivit, donno if it matter tho)
thats it

my whey just ran out and i was gonna shop for some more, so thats why im bringing up all this other stuff, cuz i might buy other stuff for once.
what whey should i get that has no artificial flavors in it? U said "now" before didnt you?

Is glutamine needed? if so, what does it do?
Glucosamine?
is fish oil needed? I get alot of fish in my diet ALOT and i eat eggs too, do i need this?
wat exactly are bcaas? i thought those were already in whey

cant think of anything else atm, but im sure theres more that im "supposed" to have

Is it just a money grab by them?

or are these things really needed?

Hey there...to answer all of your questions, refer to this guide:

http://forums.d2jsp.org/topic.php?t=21269614&f=60&p=342289401
Supplement Guide

edit:

but the most important ones are definitely...

1. multi
2. efa's
3. whey protein (optimum pro complex or NOW! 100% whey isolate)

This post was edited by SKCRaynor on May 14 2011 08:43pm
May 14 2011 08:51pm
Quote (TheOak @ May 14 2011 10:26pm)
alright thanks

What I'll do is go by how I look by that time, i'll make a decision on if its more important getting that extra fat loss or start filling. (Im pretty sure I am NOT carb sensitive)

Also, How shld my last week workout/cardio go? If im planning on filling out then should I b cutting the cardio down?

If you could whip up a few pointers about peak weak that would b fantastic!

(i.e.)
- distilled water
- Last heavy leg day shld b on monday?
- dont lift after thursday
- stop cardio...when?
- dont pump up triceps/legs on contest day (as it makes them hard to flex)
- How close to going on stage do I eat my simple sugar?
- How long do I pump up for, and when do I start.

These are jst somethings I can think of, you dont have to spend an awful amount of time on the response, really jst looking to get your P.O.V. on some basics.

Thanks again friend.

hey there...cardio should be halted on the last week leading up to the contest.

here are the 1 week out pre-contest tips:

1. Drink ONLY distilled water
2. Keep sodium to 1,000 mg per day or less
3. Last legs day should be 1 week before the competition
4. last actual lift day should be 3 days before the competition
5. On the day of the contest, you want to do the following pumping exercises backstage - bicep curls, pullups, pushups, dips, situps, knee raises, lat raises, calf raises, and forearm wrist curls. Just do light weights (or body weight) and get them pumped up. Do this for as long as necessary to achieve max fullness.
6. Sugar on the day of contest is 45 mins prior to going on stage, you will require a good 100g of sugar. I would stick to whatever you like...snickers bars, cake, whatever you like...but it MUST be simple sugars.
7. On the day of the contest, you need to AVOID water at all cost! drink 6 oz distilled water when you first wake up, and that's it until after the contest - this will give you that very nice dry look
8. Tan up! Make sure the week leading up you get a viscious tan...regular or spray, doesn't matter, but make sure it looks good and deep
9. Wax up! This goes without saying, make sure you are totally waxed 2 days before contest.
10. Work on your flexing/posing routine comprehensively during the week leading up to the contest. You need to have it memorized. Do it in front of a mirror and make sure you see where you need to improve and focus on that post. It also helps to do it in front of others for second opinions.
11. Immediately after contest begin re-hydrating with regular spring water. You can also begin re-feeding with a normal diet gradually. Do not shock the body too much, but enjoy yourself regardless of placing 1st or last.

That about covers it, if I think of anything else I'll let you know. If you have any other questions, let me know.
Gold: 33.00
May 14 2011 08:58pm
This has probably been asked many times, but I really don't want to look through 800 something pages lol. But could you give me an optimal weekly workout routine to increase my bench? I have strong triceps, and I can closed bench quite a bit, but my chest is another story and for some reason my chest really hasn't been growing how I want it to. I do all of what I'd think would help; i.e. chest flys, pec dec, chest press, bench, dumbell bench etc., and I eat a good amount of calories and protein a day but I feel like I'm not gaining. Is there a routine in particular you would suggest?

edit: Oh, and is there a cholesterol-free protein powder other than soy out there that you'd recommend? I'm trying to be as heart-healthy as I can, and 200 mg of cholesterol a day is what's recommended for a "heart-healthy diet".

This post was edited by Nihlathak on May 14 2011 09:04pm
May 14 2011 11:34pm
Quote (Nihlathak @ May 14 2011 10:58pm)
This has probably been asked many times, but I really don't want to look through 800 something pages lol. But could you give me an optimal weekly workout routine to increase my bench? I have strong triceps, and I can closed bench quite a bit, but my chest is another story and for some reason my chest really hasn't been growing how I want it to. I do all of what I'd think would help; i.e. chest flys, pec dec, chest press, bench, dumbell bench etc., and I eat a good amount of calories and protein a day but I feel like I'm not gaining. Is there a routine in particular you would suggest?

edit: Oh, and is there a cholesterol-free protein powder other than soy out there that you'd recommend? I'm trying to be as heart-healthy as I can, and 200 mg of cholesterol a day is what's recommended for a "heart-healthy diet".

For pure size gains, stick to the hypertrophy guide(s) below.

For strength, the 5x5 is essential.

I recommend alternating between these plans every 90 days.

http://forums.d2jsp.org/topic.php?t=21269614&f=60&p=345300636
5x5 plan

http://forums.d2jsp.org/topic.php?t=21269614&f=60&p=345358141
Hypertrophy Plan 3-on-1-off (regular)

http://forums.d2jsp.org/topic.php?t=21269614&f=60&p=352563664
Hypertrophy 5 day split (modified)

Secondly, about cholesterol, this is a COMMON misconception.

Consuming cholesterol does NOT increase your blood cholesterol levels. This old way of thinking has been proven false time and time again. It needs to be stricken from the medical community once and for all.

The way your blood-cholesterol levels increase have to do with several things, first of all, a diet with increased saturated and trans fats, with not enough poly/mono unsaturated fats, and MCT's to balance it out and also clean the bloodstream will result in high cholesterol levels.

To break it down, it's like this...

When you take in too much saturated fat, or trans fat, your body detects the foreign fat particles in your blood stream as invaders. The body then sends white blood cells to the site in order to destroy the presumed virus/bacteria/etc. But instead it's a trap, the white blood cells get stuck in the saturated or trans fat slime, and as a result begin to congeal. The white blood cells eventually "eat" the LDL (bad) cholesterol and convert them into a toxic oxidized form which raises blood cholesterol levels. In addition, the congealed and stuck white blood cells can result is an occluded vessel which can break off and cause a multitude of health conditions.

Here are the facts you need to know about how to maintain a proper cholesterol level (the REAL way)

1. Eat a diet RICH in good fats such as Olive Oil (truly the food of the gods), canola oil, avocados/guacamole, fish, fish oil, flax, flax seed oil, coconut oil, eggs, nuts, beans, and seeds.
2. Make sure to get a 2:1 ratio (MINIMUM) of Poly/Mono UNSATURATED fats to saturated fats (that means if you take 75g fat per day, 50g must be unsat minimum and 25g can be sat maximum).
3. Avoid trans fats at all cost!!
4. Take NOW! Super Omega 3-6-9 with every food meal (not with shakes) - so 2g 3x per day for a total of 6g super omega 3-6-9 each day for optimal benefits.
5. Exercise regularly and drink plenty of water (at least 1-1.5 gal per day)
Gold: 75.00
May 14 2011 11:59pm
Hey raynor, the ankle seem to have gotten worse, especially after I take a nap or rest for a long time then try to walk. I can barely walk now, its like sharp pain when i walk... is this normal for a sprained ankle?

This post was edited by MegaVovaN on May 15 2011 12:20am
Gold: 900.00
May 15 2011 09:39am
Hey Raynor,

Shouldn't you work Chest and Triceps together and back and biceps together???

chest and triceps push, and back and biceps pull; wouldn't it be more effective that way?

Just something i wondered since your hypertrophy workout that im doing is chest/bi back/tri
Go Back To Health & Fitness Topic List
Prev18318328338348352039Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll