d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Sports Coliseum > Health & Fitness > 100% Free Advice From A Professional > Ask Anything To A Trainer/bodybuilder
Prev18128138148158162039Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 13.90
May 3 2011 11:44am
I am on your Hypertrophy program now, but how long should I use it, is it good for the gains - to switch or something?

I have seen / still seeing great progress in mass though, awesome program!

Also, I read that training to that ''Failure'' isn't good in long time, that you should just doin´ it in 8 weeks or what I did read. You can get overtrained or something I think it was.

I feel a bit like it, like I am almost tired when training to failure all the time, like I am standing on same weight week after week (well, moved up some pounds, but on isolated exsercise I maybe move up 5 lbs in 2 weeks or 3 weeks sometimes)

Gold: 8,422.77
Trader: Trusted
May 3 2011 11:45am
Quote (SyB_BaM @ May 3 2011 01:44pm)
I am on your Hypertrophy program now, but how long should I use it, is it good for the gains - to switch or something?

I have seen / still seeing great progress in mass though, awesome program!

Also, I read that training to that ''Failure'' isn't good in long time, that you should just doin´ it in 8 weeks or what I did read. You can get overtrained or something I think it was.

I feel a bit like it, like I am almost tired when training to failure all the time, like I am standing on same weight week after week (well, moved up some pounds, but on isolated exsercise I maybe move up 5 lbs in 2 weeks or 3 weeks sometimes)

Usually hypertrophy should be done for around 8-12 weeks and then discontinued for a pure strength routine like 5x5 and so forth. Gotta keep the workout routines alternating if you want to prevent getting stagnant.

Here is the 5x5 to replace it with for another 8-12 weeks...

http://forums.d2jsp.org/topic.php?t=21269614&f=60&p=345300636
5x5 plan
Gold: 13.90
May 3 2011 12:00pm
Quote (SKCRaynor @ May 3 2011 05:45pm)
Usually hypertrophy should be done for around 8-12 weeks and then discontinued for a pure strength routine like 5x5 and so forth. Gotta keep the workout routines alternating if you want to prevent getting stagnant.

Here is the 5x5 to replace it with for another 8-12 weeks...

http://forums.d2jsp.org/topic.php?t=21269614&f=60&p=345300636
5x5 plan

Oh, I have been doing Hypertrophy for about 4 months or more xD

Question about the 5x5 plan -

How much rest between those sets / rest between exscersices?

You are not going to failure on this? (I have always had hard to know if I should go failure or not, if not - when do you know when you stop, that's hard for me, lol)

When using 90% of max weight, do you even handle 5 reps without failure, lol? (With that hypertrophy - on third set when you're using 85% of max, It can be hard to get 5, but that's maybe when you havent rested so much)

This post was edited by SyB_BaM on May 3 2011 12:09pm
Gold: 6,420.00
May 3 2011 12:36pm
How important is glutamine, I only use BCAA's for now.

Is there anything you would change for my supplement plan?

Right now I do:
Wake up: Fat burner stack (oxyelite pro, PES Erase, PES Alpha-T2)

30 mins later, I take a whey shake with about 5 grams of ground flax seeds. 1 tablet of NOW Adam

1 hr after shake, I take my pre workout. Right now it's Jack3d, and I add 2.5g creatine ethyl-ester, 10 grams BCAA.

Then I go workout. Post workout: whey + 2.5g creatine ethyl-ester + 10 grams BCAA + 5g dextrose.

Then an hour after the shake I have a meal that's mostly protein, with a bit fat (eg 3 Turkey burgers, 10g fat 17g protein each, and some salad), and a tablet of NOW adam.

Before bed I do either cashews or cottage cheese, with 1 scoop of whey and either ground flax seeds or 1 tbsp of flax oil.

This post was edited by gloryfield on May 3 2011 12:44pm
Gold: 0.00
May 3 2011 02:30pm
hey raynor, will the presence of keytones cause me to fail the piss test for MEPS?
Gold: 50.00
May 3 2011 03:00pm
[QUOTE=IDUTCIH,May 2 2011 05:15pm]So this is currently my BB order can you tell me when to take each and dosage if applicable for maximum results(Cutting)
(I know that you don't like the NO-Xplode but i'm just testing it out)

Lean Green - 500mg/60 Capsules
Gold Standard 100% Whey - 5 Lbs. - Double Rich Chocolate
Blender Bottle - 20 Oz. - Black
NO-Xplode, 20 Servings - Caffeine Free!, Blue Raz
Jetfuel - 60 Liquid Capsules
Supplement Powder Funnel
Zinc Picolinate - 50mg/120 Capsules
Now OMEGA 3-6-9
NOW Adam multi vit

If any of these contradict one another that d be nice to know too thanks.

Gold: 95.00
May 3 2011 08:14pm
Quote (SKCRaynor @ 25 Jan 2011 14:43)
here is a full weekly plan for hypertrophy along with basic guidelines and supplement explanations.

Supplements:

Multi Vitamins are for overall baseline health and optimal muscular and recovery function.
Vitamin C has anabolic properties as well as antioxidant properties which both assist in hypertrophy
Vitamin D has immense anabolic and immune properties. It's basically a wonder vitamin. People who take 5,000 IU of vitamin D per day see more muscle increases, get sick much less frequently, and recover faster than those who do not take it.
Creatine goes without saying - it assists in muscle growth through saturation (primarily of water and additional nutrients) which swell the muscles and assist in the growth process through increased uptake of nutrition to the muscles as well.
Arginine + Ornithine improves your vascularity by dilating your blood vessels and improving the pump you get with each set. In addition in improves your recovery when you sleep.
ZMA assists in anabolic function and is particularly helpful when taken before going to bed. Athletes who took ZMA regularly saw a big strength increase over the placebo group for a 1 month period.
BCAA's keep the metabolism on track and prevents muscle wasting through extended workout sessions or periods of time without eating. It is best every 45 mins before/during/after training and before bed.

Okay I've got the multi vitamins, vitamin c, vitamin d, arginine and they only had PMA, so I had to purchase Zinc separately.

The multi vitamin pack has a tablet called burn 60, I don't think I should be taking that. It also contains some arginine.

So I'll be taking these in this order (right?) :
Multi vitamins in the morning after my first meal
Vitamin C+D before bed (the reason for this is because the multi vitamin pack has C and D vitamins in it, should I take it in the morning regardless, or perhaps sometime during mid-day??)
Arginine an hour before gym
Pma+Z before bed

(I take a bit of protein/creatine shake in the morning before I leave for work and then more throughout my workout.)

This post was edited by Vicc on May 3 2011 08:18pm
Gold: 3.38
May 3 2011 10:02pm
Hey raynor, I've had a wrist injury for about 2 weeks now, which is odd because I haven't been to a gym or done anything strenuous on my wrist for 3 weeks...It's just a sharp pain if I turn it at an odd angle, any remedies for helping the recovery along? It's located where the ulna meets the wrist :\
May 3 2011 10:39pm
Quote (SyB_BaM @ May 3 2011 02:00pm)
Oh, I have been doing Hypertrophy for about 4 months or more xD

Question about the 5x5 plan -

How much rest between those sets / rest between exscersices?

You are not going to failure on this? (I have always had hard to know if I should go failure or not, if not - when do you know when you stop, that's hard for me, lol)

When using 90% of max weight, do you even handle 5 reps without failure, lol? (With that hypertrophy - on third set when you're using 85% of max, It can be hard to get 5, but that's maybe when you havent rested so much)

Hey there...you can take sufficient time between sets and exercises. The time doesn't matter per se...it's more of how YOU feel....wait until you are rested enough to handle another set. Usually about 1 minute does fine.

This is also not necessarily until failure...it's until 5 reps...if you fail before that, well then reduce the weight next time a little bit and work up to it.

You should be able to do 5 reps of the heaviest set JUST BARELY.
May 3 2011 10:40pm
Quote (gloryfield @ May 3 2011 02:36pm)
How important is glutamine, I only use BCAA's for now.

Is there anything you would change for my supplement plan?

Right now I do:
Wake up: Fat burner stack (oxyelite pro, PES Erase, PES Alpha-T2)

30 mins later, I take a whey shake with about 5 grams of ground flax seeds.  1 tablet of NOW Adam

1 hr after shake, I take my pre workout.  Right now it's Jack3d, and I add 2.5g creatine ethyl-ester, 10 grams BCAA.

Then I go workout. Post workout: whey + 2.5g creatine ethyl-ester + 10 grams BCAA + 5g dextrose.

Then an hour after the shake I have a meal that's mostly protein, with a bit fat (eg 3 Turkey burgers, 10g fat 17g protein each, and some salad), and a tablet of NOW adam.

Before bed I do either cashews or cottage cheese, with 1 scoop of whey and either ground flax seeds or 1 tbsp of flax oil.

supps look good,

glutamine 5g post workout is very beneficial for recovery.
Go Back To Health & Fitness Topic List
Prev18128138148158162039Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll