d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Sports Coliseum > Health & Fitness > 100% Free Advice From A Professional > Ask Anything To A Trainer/bodybuilder
Prev15695705715725732039Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 2.00
Nov 19 2010 01:17pm
we have a sub place turkey roast beef ham sandwhichs its called sub not lol we basically have a whole food court as our cafeteria then we have 2 pizza places pepperoni pizza/ boscoe sticks which are like cooked breading with cheese in them
then there is like a mcdonalds where there are fries spicy chicken sandwhichs from tyson cheeseburgers/hamburgers sometimes hot dogs we have chicken sandwhichs not sure if they are grilled or not then there are the 2 general food lines
so like the lunchs you would get in elementary school where you would only have one choice then we have sides like pineapple strawberries in sugary liquid stuff small salad containers cheese sticks chocolate/white milk grape/apple/orange juice containers then we can get big salads with tuna/ham not sure what other choices are vegtable choices we dont really get that much there are carrots also the salad comes with 2 carrots 2 pieces of brocoli and i think 2 radishes thanks for all the help (:
Gold: 120.00
Nov 19 2010 01:57pm
Quote (SKCRaynor @ Nov 19 2010 12:56pm)
Hey there...I actually have trained a few people who play football right now at UM.

First of all, what is your height and weight right now?

Secondly...your calories start off around 5,000 (slightly less) - but this is not a problem at all especially if you are trying to bulk and will be doing frequent training for football which includes a lot of calorie depleting exercises.

Reducing your overall diet to 400/400/60 is okay, however I'd like to see a bit more fat...maybe 80g total instead of 60. Remember your body needs good fats to function properly and produce more testosterone among other things.

The cutting process you mentioned is find, but you may or may not have to do that based on your own body's necessity. After all, you might even start leaning out more with the 5,000 cal diet you're starting with...so I would only start to cut back calories if you notice a gain of fat despite intense football training and so forth. Also make sure to keep your simple sugars relatively low (20-30g at breakfast and 30-40g post workout or training...that's it.)

As far as the actual diet goes, I'm sure you have a good enough hold on that to make the proper diet choices. Just make sure to also get enough sodium/potassium/magnesium/calcium throughout the day. For you being constantly under stress and sweating like a pig, you will want approx 3,000mg sodium, 6000mg potassium, 3,000 mg magnesium, and 3,0000 mg calcium.

Also make sure to keep your supplementation up...especially multivits, vit C, vit D, and creatine.

As far as the training program goes, I'd be glad to make you one...however doesn't your football team have their own routine that they mandate the players to use?

My current supplements are

Animal Pak
Animal Flex
Green Bulge
Orange Oximega Fish Oil & Greens
Glycobol
ZMA

Diet wise I have no problem putting it together. I'm actually trying out for a semi-pro team via a combine so there isn't a mandated program to follow. Diet wise I'm not to concerned about getting it right, my focus extends towards making sure I have my split down properly.

Current Height/Weight: 6'4 272lbs
Goal: 245 because my 40 time at 272 is going to be to slow.
Gold: 0.00
Nov 19 2010 05:18pm
Quote (Nozguleth @ Nov 19 2010 05:51pm)
Using broad(Generalized) numbers, and offering alternative advice. I'll gladly continue to argue BUT that is just wasting time. You give good advice, you could give better if you ask me.

MOST deli meats are filled with sugar/corn/starch ect...ect..ect... Based on my experiance(an i always ask cause im a prick like that) most food service is JUNK. BUT, you are right, not all. There are a few reputable companies and schools. BUT the vast majority will serve what is CHEAP and economical.

Ofc, my target is a BROAD audience. We are on JSP bro. And you give "unhealthy" advice without "knowing".

E:
Anyway keep up the hard work man. Great to see dedication like this. I would recommend that you read into wellness, organic foods and whole foods a bit more. I think you would really like what it has to offer in terms of fitness and health.

Also, I don't think you give BAD advice, i just think there is plenty of room for improvement.(Mine too, i've learned a lot from jsp in just 1 months time)

fag, do u not realize that no1 here even thinks you are remotely correct? stop being a troll and leave. no matter what u say it doesnt matter to half the people here because most (if not all) of us trust raynor, not sum random trying to make a name for herself.
Gold: 8,422.77
Trader: Trusted
Nov 19 2010 05:34pm
Quote (MegaVovaN @ Nov 19 2010 02:34pm)
For a beginner lifter with a ectomorph body type, would you recommend doing the Starting Strength or the 5x5 stronglift program? Where you squat every time you're in the gym. Supposedly, this will release GH and stimulate muscle growth for a beginner?
Also, there is a GOMAD diet plan, which basically means in addition to regular 5 times a day meals, you have to drink 1 gallon of milk per day, do you think this is also good?

Also do you have any good recipes (tasty) for making chicken?

what would be a good meal plan for a hard gainer? Let's say someone thats 140 pounds, 5 feet 8 inches, ectomorph body type.

Heres a plan for hypertrophy particular effective for hardgainers. Squats are not needed every day - many other exercises help the body to release GH, particularly compound movements.

http://forums.d2jsp.org/topic.php?t=21269614&p=327158583

Hypertrophy Plan

as far as meal plans go there are many ways you can go with this, but for someone 5'8 and 140 lbs - I would recommend the following

approx 4,000-4,500 calories

80g fat
400 protein
450 carbs

eat every 3 hours.

Sample meal plan:

Meal 1 - 4 whole eggs + 1 cup oatmeal + 1 banana + 12 oz whole milk + 2tbsp peanut butter w/ 1 slice whole grain bread

Meal 2 - 1 cytogainer shake with fresh fruit and peanut butter

Meal 3 - 1 large chicken breast cooked in olive oil w/ sauteed onions/peppers + kalamata olives and feta cheese w/ 1 cup brown rice and 1/2 cup black beans

Meal 4 - 1/2 lb hamburger on whole grain bun + all the trimmings + 1 large sweet potato or baked potato + 2 cups veggies + 2 oz cheese

Meal 5 - 1 cytogainer shake w/ fresh fruit and peanut butter

Meal 6 - 1 cup cottage cheese + fresh fruit + peanut butter + cinnamon + 1 cup oatmeal

Lastly, chicken recipes include (the one I mentioned above and the following)

1. Grilled chicken breast w/ garlic, olive oil, rosemary, and oregano w/ whole grain pasta and romano cheese
2. Grilled Chunked chicken w/ tzatziki sauce (cucumber and sour cream w/ dill) on a whole grain pita w/ veggies
3. Pan seared chicken w/ mushrooms onions and green peppers w/ garlic and olive oil on top of a bed of jasmine rice w/ lemon potato wedges (oven roasted)
4. Roased chicken (pulled from the roast chicken), and mixed with pasta + peas/carrots/onions/celery + light tomato sauce and romano cheese
5. Chicken lightly breaded with whole grain bread crumbs (add whatever seasoning you like) and pan fried in olive oil + add apple sauce to dip in and a side of brown rice w/ broccoli.
Nov 19 2010 05:36pm
Quote (3atsarr0ws @ Nov 19 2010 03:17pm)
we have a sub place turkey roast beef ham sandwhichs its called sub not lol we basically have a whole food court as our cafeteria then we have 2 pizza places pepperoni pizza/ boscoe sticks which are like cooked breading with cheese in them
then there is like a mcdonalds where there are fries spicy chicken sandwhichs from tyson cheeseburgers/hamburgers sometimes hot dogs we have chicken sandwhichs not sure if they are grilled or not then there are the 2 general food lines
so like the lunchs you would get in elementary school where you would only have one choice then we have sides like pineapple strawberries in sugary liquid stuff small salad containers cheese sticks chocolate/white milk grape/apple/orange juice containers then we can get big salads with tuna/ham not sure what other choices are vegtable choices we dont really get that much there are carrots also the salad comes with 2 carrots 2 pieces of brocoli and i think 2 radishes thanks for all the help (:

Hey there. In that case, stick to the salads with tuna or other meat for now (assuming it's freshly sliced and non processed meats).

If the chicken sandwiches are grilled chicken, you can get those and eat that with a potato and fruit or veggies.

honestly it would be better for you to bring your lunch from home...but that's the best I can do with your current school menu ;-)
Nov 19 2010 05:48pm
Quote (Boxa @ Nov 19 2010 03:57pm)
My current supplements are

Animal Pak
Animal Flex
Green Bulge
Orange Oximega Fish Oil & Greens
Glycobol
ZMA

Diet wise I have no problem putting it together.  I'm actually trying out for a semi-pro team via a combine so there isn't a mandated program to follow.  Diet wise I'm not to concerned about getting it right, my focus extends towards making sure I have my split down properly.

Current Height/Weight: 6'4 272lbs
Goal: 245 because my 40 time at 272 is going to be to slow.

Ok for training try this on for size:

Day 1 - 15 minutes cardio warmup (stair climbing) then do the following: 5x5 Squats, Deadlifts, Lunges, Leg Presses. Follow up with 3x10 (3 sets of 10 reps) leg extensions, leg curls, standing calf raises, and donkey calf raises. Finish with 15 more minutes of stair climbing on a slow setting to cool down.

Day 2 - 15 minutes cardio warmup (stationary bike) then do the following: 5x5 bench press, incline bench press, decline bench press, and dips. Follow up with 3x5 dumbbell pullovers, seated pec deck, close-grip bench press, and dumbbell flat bench presses. Finish with 15 more minutes of bike riding at a slower pace to cool down

Day 3 - PRACTICAL MOVEMENT DAY - 15 minutes wind sprints, 15 minutes bear crawls, 15 minutes high jumps and long jumps, 15 minutes high knees and straight legs - follow up with 100 yard sprint + 50 situps + another 100 yard sprint + 50 situps (get it done!) + 2minutes of holding a good form plank position + 2 minutes straight of as many crunches as possible + standing knee raises for a solid 2 minutes or until total abdominal failure.

Day 4 - 15 minutes cardio warmup (eliptical) then do the following: 5x10 standing olympic bar curls superset w/ standing overhead skullcrushers, seated DB concentration curls superset w/ standing DB kickbacks - follow up with failure sets of seated DB hammer curls, standing cable v-bar or rope tricep pulldowns and FINISH the workout by holding an olympic bar loaded up with as much weight possible that you can rack, and HOLD IT without any straps for as long as possible. Do this 3 times until failure each time.

Day 5 - 15 minutes cardio warmup (treadmill) then do the following: 5x5 clean and press, seated military press, straight leg deadlift, and bent over barbell row. Follow up with 3x10 of seated DB shoulder press, standing DB lat and front raises (3 sets of each), standing T-Bar rows, Cable Rows, and Lat Pulldowns.

Day 6 - TOTAL REST

Day 7 - Light cardio and abs/core work
Nov 19 2010 05:51pm
Quote (Kiston @ Nov 19 2010 07:18pm)
fag, do u not realize that no1 here even thinks you are remotely correct? stop being a troll and leave. no matter what u say it doesnt matter to half the people here because most (if not all) of us trust raynor, not sum random trying to make a name for herself.

Good call. Thanks for supporting =)

Also, in relation to Nozguleth....I know quite a bit about health and wellness including alternative medicine, preventative lifestyle choices, homeopathy, organic foods, etc. However, I am not going to force that information on anyone. If anyone comes in here and ASKS for help, guidance, or assistance based on those topics I will definitely assist them. Otherwise, I provide the knowledge they ask me for. I would never tell someone to eat organic chicken if they are looking for a 5x5 plan and bulking diet. If they wanted health and wellness tips to go along with it, they'd ask for it. I am not in the business of extending my own personal opinions as part of my advice...simply the facts that people request, nothing more, nothing less.
Gold: 1,310.23
Nov 19 2010 08:32pm
Hey Bro

so i want to compete in a teen bodybuilding compatition in like ~June 2011

the end of april 2010 i decided to go on a cut at 180lbs 14%bf, i did so the whole month of May, i dropped down to 163lbs and 9% bf.

at the moment im 192lbs, im not fat but probably at 14% again (this time im guessing) and i yesterday i jst started to load up on creatine.

what my plan was is to get as heavy as possible now then start doing some cardio/dieting for the month of january jst so i dont get tooo fat

and then bulk from february-april 2011 and then cut again for the comp. somewhere along those lines

Im jst wondering ur opinion on what i shld do and when i shld do it. (currently doing zero cardio)

This post was edited by TheOak on Nov 19 2010 08:33pm
Nov 19 2010 11:03pm
Quote (TheOak @ Nov 19 2010 10:32pm)
Hey Bro

so i want to compete in a teen bodybuilding compatition in like ~June 2011

the end of april 2010 i decided to go on a cut at 180lbs 14%bf, i did so the whole month of May, i dropped down to 163lbs and 9% bf.

at the moment im 192lbs, im not fat but probably at 14% again (this time im guessing) and i yesterday i jst started to load up on creatine.

what my plan was is to get as heavy as possible now then start doing some cardio/dieting for the month of january jst so i dont get tooo fat

and then bulk from february-april 2011 and then cut again for the comp. somewhere along those lines

Im jst wondering ur opinion on what i shld do and when i shld do it. (currently doing zero cardio)

Hey there.

Pretty simple solution for your situation.

Bulk like a total pig until January 2011.

So from now until say January 19th, you need to be eating ungody amounts of food, training harder than you've ever trained, and NOT skipping or cheating yourself out of sets/reps/weight etc. Stick to an alternating power (5x5) with hemovascular/hypertrophy (failure) plan. Do maybe 3 weeks power and 1 week hemovascular until january.

Once January 19th-20th rolls around, you begin the pre-competition phase which includes adding 15 mins of cardio pre and 45 mins of cardio post training every day along with a TON of bcaa's.

Next, you will start gradually reducing carbohydrates at a rate of approximately 50g / week. So by Feb 20th, you should be 200g less in carbs than before, working down until you get to the 0-10g carb margin.

Stick to a VERY solid keto from march until contest date. You should be training 7 days a week. 6 days of strength training mostly focused on HUGE pumps (get that hypertrophy going!) and you might need to go to the gym 2x per day to hit all the muscle groups effectively. You should also be doing at least 1 hr of HIIT per day, maybe more even on weight days. On the 7th day, don't train with weights, instead stick to nothing but HIIT, around 1.5 hrs worth for the whole day.

You are allowed ONE carb up day (CLEAN!!) every TWO weeks pre-contest when on keto. Finally the last 3 days prior to the contest, you are going to drink ONLY distilled water, and keep it down to 1/2 gal per day. Make sure you start tanning yourself prior to the contest and the DAY of the contest, do a LOT of pumping exercises prior including pushps, curls, crunches, etc. About 30-45 mins before going out on stage, take in about 100g of SIMPLE SUGAR...candy bars, soda, anything. The day of contest you should also not drink aynthing...maybe a few sips of water when you wake up, but that's it...gotta stay dehydrated for optimal cuts.

The sugar + dehydration will make your pump UNBELIEVABLE. You will go out on stage looking like a freak, although your strength will be at an all time low as a result of glycogen depletion, dehydration, etc.

The moment the contest is over, SLOWLY begin the refeed. Drink about 12 oz of water every hour for the rest of the day and start eating as much as you can handle without feeling sick.

Hope that helps!
Gold: 1,310.23
Nov 19 2010 11:21pm
sure did, thanks Raynor

and as this is obv going to b an on going process and im sure to have questions in the future, but i kno where 2 find ya :)

This post was edited by TheOak on Nov 19 2010 11:21pm
Go Back To Health & Fitness Topic List
Prev15695705715725732039Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll