d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Sports Coliseum > Health & Fitness > 100% Free Advice From A Professional > Ask Anything To A Trainer/bodybuilder
Prev1119211931194119511962039Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 8,422.77
Trader: Trusted
Dec 3 2011 10:43pm
Quote (Deathslaya16 @ Dec 3 2011 10:45pm)
why's that?

what are the pros/cons of doing it that way vs the other way?

It allows me to fully exhaust that muscle group, take a short break to regroup my mental focus, and then begin the next cycle with increased vigor and concentration.
Dec 3 2011 10:45pm
Quote (TempoONE @ Dec 3 2011 11:08pm)

As I previously said - there are a million sources that can argue for both sides of this battle.

The point remains - plant protein, especially soy, is estrogenic. I am not willing to risk long term or even short term effects for the sake of consuming a tasteless plant.

Man was not meant to eat fermented and processed soybeans. Stick to meats, veggies, fruits, and grains and you can never miss.
Dec 3 2011 10:46pm
Quote (Darkblue @ Dec 3 2011 11:30pm)
is horny goat weed a stimulant? could it cause side effects?

also, on a completely different note, could I send you a pm?

Not really a "stimulant" - no noteworthy side effects either.

Send away.
Dec 3 2011 10:47pm
Quote (rrlegend1 @ Dec 4 2011 12:30am)
Acne problem during wrestling season----- Yes, Im on tetracycline and i take a shower within a half an hour from practice (practice from 2:30-5:30)
and I have a curse to literally sweat buckets, like ridiclious amounts and i still have acne with cream, meds and showers

What else could I do? My diet is perfectly clean also.

http://forums.d2jsp.org/topic.php?t=21269614&f=60&p=339534371
Acne Guide

http://forums.d2jsp.org/topic.php?t=21269614&f=60&p=396302974
Skincare Guide
Gold: 125.00
Dec 4 2011 01:06am
Raynor,

I'm looking for some good realistic advice on this one. I have found other websites and people aren't extremely level-headed about the matter. What I'm doing right now is I'm considering adding an additional piece of equipment to my home gym. I sold my dumbbell rack for a fair bit of extra cash, and I've got a bit to top it off to get something fun. I moved into the basement, so my old bedroom is now the dedicated gym room and has some space.

So anyway, I'm wondering what I should be considering. I'm thinking about one of these:

- functional trainer (a bit out of my budget, but I presume it's irreplaceably useful)
- recumbent ab machine
- chest-pad ab machine
- ????

What I have already are these things (just for quick reference):
Squat cage, multi press unit which you recommended, curl machine attachment which doubles as preacher curl pad, adjustable bench, leg curl/extension attachment for bench, high/low pulley, pull-up bars & dip bars attached to squat cage, dumbbells of every weight needed, olympic barbells, olympic plates, adjustable roman chair

So anyway, I'm wondering what you would get next if it were your gym (or what things you would be considering on a list of the top few most useful things).
Dec 4 2011 01:45am
Quote (Canadian_Man @ Dec 4 2011 03:06am)
Raynor,

I'm looking for some good realistic advice on this one. I have found other websites and people aren't extremely level-headed about the matter. What I'm doing right now is I'm considering adding an additional piece of equipment to my home gym. I sold my dumbbell rack for a fair bit of extra cash, and I've got a bit to top it off to get something fun. I moved into the basement, so my old bedroom is now the dedicated gym room and has some space.

So anyway, I'm wondering what I should be considering. I'm thinking about one of these:

- functional trainer (a bit out of my budget, but I presume it's irreplaceably useful)
- recumbent ab machine
- chest-pad ab machine
- ????

What I have already are these things (just for quick reference):
Squat cage, multi press unit which you recommended, curl machine attachment which doubles as preacher curl pad, adjustable bench, leg curl/extension attachment for bench, high/low pulley, pull-up bars & dip bars attached to squat cage, dumbbells of every weight needed, olympic barbells, olympic plates, adjustable roman chair

So anyway, I'm wondering what you would get next if it were your gym (or what things you would be considering on a list of the top few most useful things).

All the things you have are great so far. I noticed you really only have the roman chair for abs which can get tedius. Granted you could use the flat bench to do some situps, crunches, etc. However both a recumbent ab bench as well as the chest pad ab machine would be excellent for training core. I also forgot that you can do hanging leg raises in the squat cage/pull up bar so therefore it really isn't necessary for more abs at that point.

Given what you have, it seems that you could definitely use something more for back. Do you have a way to do t-bar rows? If so, then scrap that idea.

The other thing to consider would be a nice weighted calf raise (either standing or donkey).

Get back to me.
Gold: 125.00
Dec 4 2011 01:55am
Quote (SKCRaynor @ Dec 4 2011 12:45am)
All the things you have are great so far. I noticed you really only have the roman chair for abs which can get tedius. Granted you could use the flat bench to do some situps, crunches, etc. However both a recumbent ab bench as well as the chest pad ab machine would be excellent for training core.  I also forgot that you can do hanging leg raises in the squat cage/pull up bar so therefore it really isn't necessary for more abs at that point.

Given what you have, it seems that you could definitely use something more for back. Do you have a way to do t-bar rows? If so, then scrap that idea.

The other thing to consider would be a nice weighted calf raise (either standing or donkey).

Get back to me.

I have the close-grip cable attachment which I can throw around a barbell and do t-bar rows like that. I just need to buy a barbell landmine, or design a base so I don't have to ruin the wall or carpet by doing t-bars with the bar digging into the ground. My cable attachments include a medium-grip row attachment, close-grip row attachment, pulldown bar, straight curl bar, curved tricep pushdown bar, single curl multipurpose handle, and curl/tricep rope. So I'm set for a number of things there.

I'm not too excited about the idea of a calf raise unit just because I can do seated with a barbell over my lap, and standing isn't too difficult either.

I'm considering getting a really steep incline bench as well, as my bench's incline isn't too steep. I'm also just considering at this point possibly not getting anything more in terms of big things, just because the free space might be better (and again, you mentioned back exercises, so leaving the room to be able to more comfortably do t-bar rows outside the squatting cage might be better). Leaving myself with that extra $$$ would leave me with the ability to replace things should anything break.

Tough decisions here. Though it's fun.
Gold: 5.00
Dec 4 2011 01:56am
Hey raynor oak tells me that i should be following a

5 day spilts for upper body?

i suck at making programs but im trying to bulk for 3 months of strength

so i was wondering if you could help devise me a plan for upper and lower body spilt
Dec 4 2011 02:05am
Quote (Canadian_Man @ Dec 4 2011 03:55am)
I have the close-grip cable attachment which I can throw around a barbell and do t-bar rows like that. I just need to buy a barbell landmine, or design a base so I don't have to ruin the wall or carpet by doing t-bars with the bar digging into the ground. My cable attachments include a medium-grip row attachment, close-grip row attachment, pulldown bar, straight curl bar, curved tricep pushdown bar, single curl multipurpose handle, and curl/tricep rope. So I'm set for a number of things there.

I'm not too excited about the idea of a calf raise unit just because I can do seated with a barbell over my lap, and standing isn't too difficult either.

I'm considering getting a really steep incline bench as well, as my bench's incline isn't too steep. I'm also just considering at this point possibly not getting anything more in terms of big things, just because the free space might be better (and again, you mentioned back exercises, so leaving the room to be able to more comfortably do t-bar rows outside the squatting cage might be better). Leaving myself with that extra $$$ would leave me with the ability to replace things should anything break.

Tough decisions here. Though it's fun.

In that case you could definitely save the money for extra things here and there. New gloves/belt/hooks/straps/chalk/etc and all maintenance.
Dec 4 2011 02:06am
Quote (haloz5 @ Dec 4 2011 03:56am)
Hey raynor oak tells me that i should be following a

5 day spilts for upper body?

i suck at making programs but im trying to bulk for 3 months of strength

so i was wondering if you could help devise me a plan for upper and lower body spilt

for a 5 day split, nothing is finer than the 5x5

http://forums.d2jsp.org/topic.php?t=21269614&f=60&p=345300636
5x5 plan
Go Back To Health & Fitness Topic List
Prev1119211931194119511962039Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll