d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Sports Coliseum > Health & Fitness > 100% Free Advice From A Professional > Ask Anything To A Trainer/bodybuilder
Prev1115111521153115411552039Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 8,422.77
Trader: Trusted
Nov 15 2011 09:46pm
Quote (cseitz71690 @ Nov 15 2011 05:53pm)
Interested in another bulking diet. A fairly simple one if possible.

Maybe like 500-100 calories less than the last one though.
I need to start getting a little leaner. I want to stay around 10% or below during this off-season if possible.

To make things simple, please post up the diet I already gave you, and I will modify it to your purposes.
Nov 15 2011 09:51pm
Quote (PureOwnage2 @ Nov 15 2011 06:24pm)
What is your reasoning behind taking glutamine powder?  I thought that was discovered to be essentially useless a long time ago.

Doesn't it convert from the other amino acids since your body can produce it? 

I am also speaking to cost efficiency.  I thought the effects of glutamine supplementation were virtually nothing. 

Aware me :O 

No, I am not doubting. I am learning ;)

No, glutamine is not useless. It was found that people who already get enough glutamine from their diet (IE: chicken, beef, etc.) don't need glutamine supplements because they already have enough. However, for REAL athletes who spend hours a day training (bodybuilders, sports players, endurance athletes, etc) you will need glutamine post-workout to aid in recovery and preservation of muscle tissue.

If you are only lifting for an hour a day and not really going balls-to-the-wall you probably don't need glutamine. But for the serious lifter, it's very useful.
Nov 15 2011 09:54pm
Quote (frankrulz @ Nov 15 2011 08:49pm)
What would you suggest me for a 5 day split, but SOMETIMES 6? Because some saturday ill work but some i have off. Whatd be the best to do on the 6th day?

Stick to the 5x5 plan...as for the 6th day I would recommend swimming or a day of the lacking muscle groups (such as calves and abs).
Nov 15 2011 09:56pm
Quote (Canadian_Man @ Nov 15 2011 09:12pm)
Raynor,

I'm 7 days out from starting your hypertrophy plan (3-on-1-off).

Curious about one thing: I see where this is working on hypertrophy (very little rest and lots of lifting), but I'm wondering about why there isn't any 14-16 rep lifts.

Also, does every exercise require a 15-ish light weight warmup as you state. Example you've already done incline bench and you're moving to flat bench, do you need to really warm up for the flat bench still?

Also -- recommended 30 minutes ab routine?

Too many reps generally means the weight isn't high enough. For proper strength and size gains, you need more weight for a more efficient workout.

No, just the first exercise of each muscle group needs a warmup.

for abs....do this:

http://forums.d2jsp.org/topic.php?t=21269614&f=60&p=330745031
Abs Workout Routine
Nov 15 2011 10:02pm
Quote (xXCrAzYsHoT @ Nov 15 2011 09:50pm)

Modified version of the second one
Gold: Locked
Trader: Scammer
Warn: 50%
Nov 15 2011 10:20pm
canada's food guide

fats : 25-30%

carbs : 55-65
proteins : 10-15

i copy and paste this from the heatlh canada book ( this book goes in all nutritionist class etc )

extra protein in the diet does not improve performance or muscle building. extra calories and not necessarily extra protein

whats ur though on this buddy ?
Gold: 0.00
Warn: 30%
Nov 15 2011 10:20pm
any advice on how to become more confident and more socially comfortable ? im quite awkward i really need to work on this as it presents a BIG problem...
Gold: 125.00
Nov 15 2011 10:26pm
Raynor,

Thanks for all the help. Now I'm just figuring out two things:

1) If I wanted to modify your 5x5 to focus even more on strength, how would you change it?

2) If I'm cycling through a version of your 5x5 specifically for strength one month, your mass building program the next, and then on one other month I'm doing an inbetween... what would you recommend that third month look like. I hope my theory is correct in that it's effective to switch training up like this to increment gains effectively without hitting a plateau.

3) How long do you recommend I run your mass building routine (is it supposed to be less or more than a month?)

This post was edited by Canadian_Man on Nov 15 2011 10:27pm
Nov 15 2011 10:42pm
Quote (RenegadeWoom @ Nov 16 2011 12:20am)
canada's food guide

fats : 25-30%

carbs : 55-65
proteins : 10-15

i copy and paste this from the heatlh canada book ( this book goes in all nutritionist class etc )

extra protein in the diet does not improve performance or muscle building. extra calories and not necessarily extra protein

whats ur though on this buddy ?

It's total BS. That is the same load of crap that these "scientists" try to feed us in the US.

If you follow that diet, you will either be fat (endomorphs) or really skinny (ectomorph) - both of which will also have little to no muscular development.

These "scientists" develop these diets based on the "everyman" which is expected to NOT work out with weights or care about his physical appearance. Basically a slightly pudgy person who sits at a desk all day and does nothing more than his job, goes home, watches some tv, kisses his wife on the cheek, and goes to sleep. That "everyman" is a disgusting beta who will never amount to anything physically.

If you want to look like a greek god - a muscular, ripped, well developed man - you will definitely need to have a better diet. Protein has always been, and will always be, the most important macronutrient. Proteins break down into amino acids which are used as the building blocks of the body. In order to build muscle, repair tissue, heal wounds, and even perform the daily bodily processes requires amino acids.

When you work out with weights, you are tearing your muscle fibers which need to be rebuilt. This extreme trauma to the muscles requires a lot of amino acids to repair. In addition, your amino acid stores deplete while you are working out (as well as glycogen - which is derived from carbs). Furthermore, fats are required to facilitate proper testosterone production in the body as well as provide proper lipolysis and so on.

A good diet for the typical bodybuilder would be 40/30/30 or 40/40/20. I prefer 40/30/30 because a higher fat diet will satiate more and also yield a higher overall testosterone level and thus promote anabolism. Carbs are good but not essential throughout the day unless you are a hardgainer. Carbs are truly essential as part of the first meal of the day, and POST workout. Other than that, they are not as important as proteins and fats. Don't get me wrong, you can eat carbs throughout the day, just understand that they are NOT as useful as proteins/fats at all given times of the day.

I hope this clears things up a bit.
Nov 15 2011 10:46pm
Quote (EverNineAfter @ Nov 16 2011 12:20am)
any advice on how to become more confident and more socially comfortable ? im quite awkward i really need to work on this as it presents  a BIG problem...

The best way is to immerse yourself in it, keep relatively quiet and follow along with what alpha males around you do. Don't change who you are, but instead pick up on subtle behaviors of these males and learn to be yourself but in a way that allows you to not come across as awkward. The more you get out and socialize the better you will get. It's really a matter of time and doing. The reason I say to keep relatively quiet is because shyness always beats awkwardness. Over time you will get more and more interactive and thus eventually you will become a social alpha and will reap the benefits therein.
Go Back To Health & Fitness Topic List
Prev1115111521153115411552039Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll