d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > d2jsp > General Help > First Account Suspension
123Next
Add Reply New Topic
Gold: 0.00
Oct 16 2021 11:15pm
Hey guys, I got a 15 minute suspension because I commented my item for sale in someone else's thread (it was old & I thought the guy sold already). Anyways.. After reading the rules I'm wondering if I should just spend all (or most) of my FG.. It seems like there are a ton of arbitrary rules like "don't trade via pm", "don't bump other posts", "don't spam", "don't troll", etc. etc. Like in my case the guy I "trade hijacked" forgave me immediately and it was no harm done (he even sent me a buyer after he sold his...). And yet I still get suspended. So now I'm seeing all of these rules that could easily apply to anyone... Like every trade I've done we've communicated via PM... What crosses the line and makes it illegal? Will I be banned randomly one day because I made a trade with someone that PMs me??? If I post something arbitrary on someone's post (bumping it), will I be banned? If I make a funny comment and someone interprets it as "trolling"? It just seems like any post could be interpreted as a violation, and I don't know how many warnings I would get for small things like that before my gold is gone...

I feel like having a large amount of FG on a site that throws out suspensions so easily is kinda sketchy...

Has anyone else experienced this, and if so:
1) How rare are these suspensions?
2) How many suspensions do you get as a warning before your account is banned?

Like I want to hold my trade value in FG because items in D2R are obviously going to drop over time... But if bans are common and very arbitrary, I'll take my losses to deflation to avoid the risk.

Thanks for any help you can offer :)
Gold: 10,687.34
Warn: 90%
Oct 16 2021 11:20pm
You can send me a friend request.
Oct 16 2021 11:22pm
Quote (Kyhle @ Oct 17 2021 12:20am)
You can send me a friend request.

What?
Gold: 10,687.34
Warn: 90%
Oct 16 2021 11:26pm
Quote (godflo @ Oct 16 2021 10:22pm)
What?

I can help you.
Trade Assistant
Gold: 1,644.69
Trader: Mediator
Oct 16 2021 11:28pm
If you have any questions about your recent suspensions, contact a SM:

https://forums.d2jsp.org/staff.php?g=30

Rules are set in place and believe they are fair. :) My advice to you, get yourself familiar with the
Trade rules: https://forums.d2jsp.org/info.php?p=6
Forum rules: https://forums.d2jsp.org/info.php?p=9

Rules are set in place for a reason. And I believe is fair and well organized. There’s a great staff team here that makes it an amazing place, as well as mediators to facilitate trades. You won’t find a better trading nexus ^^ And trading here is quick, easy to find items or sell items.

Gold: 21.93
Oct 16 2021 11:33pm
The rules are there for two reasons, to keep the site fair and orderly and to protect people from scams, these rules may seem pointless or arbitrary to you but if everyone broke them chaos would be the first result.
We have been running on these rules for nearly 20 years now and are still going strong.

This post was edited by Plaguefear on Oct 16 2021 11:34pm
Gold: 10,276.83
Oct 16 2021 11:38pm
Quote (godflo @ Oct 16 2021 11:15pm)
Hey guys, I got a 15 minute suspension because I commented my item for sale in someone else's thread (it was old & I thought the guy sold already). Anyways.. After reading the rules I'm wondering if I should just spend all (or most) of my FG.. It seems like there are a ton of arbitrary rules like "don't trade via pm", "don't bump other posts", "don't spam", "don't troll", etc. etc. Like in my case the guy I "trade hijacked" forgave me immediately and it was no harm done (he even sent me a buyer after he sold his...). And yet I still get suspended. So now I'm seeing all of these rules that could easily apply to anyone... Like every trade I've done we've communicated via PM... What crosses the line and makes it illegal? Will I be banned randomly one day because I made a trade with someone that PMs me??? If I post something arbitrary on someone's post (bumping it), will I be banned? If I make a funny comment and someone interprets it as "trolling"? It just seems like any post could be interpreted as a violation, and I don't know how many warnings I would get for small things like that before my gold is gone...

I feel like having a large amount of FG on a site that throws out suspensions so easily is kinda sketchy...

Has anyone else experienced this, and if so:
1) How rare are these suspensions?
2) How many suspensions do you get as a warning before your account is banned?

Like I want to hold my trade value in FG because items in D2R are obviously going to drop over time... But if bans are common and very arbitrary, I'll take my losses to deflation to avoid the risk.

Thanks for any help you can offer :)

The rules are in place to help prevent scams

you wont get banned until you recieved 100% warn suspension, scam, sell or attempt to sell fg for rl currency

Kyhle is pretty much the poster child of what not to post on jsp hence the 50% warn plaguefears and vibrations advice should be the ones you heed

edit: welcome to and enjoy jsp.. its literally the best gaming trading community and platform ever

This post was edited by TheFarSideOfTheForce on Oct 16 2021 11:39pm
Oct 16 2021 11:39pm
Quote (Vibrations @ Oct 17 2021 12:28am)
If you have any questions about your recent suspensions, contact a SM:

https://forums.d2jsp.org/staff.php?g=30

Rules are set in place and believe they are fair. :) My advice to you, get yourself familiar with the
Trade rules: https://forums.d2jsp.org/info.php?p=6
Forum rules: https://forums.d2jsp.org/info.php?p=9

Rules are set in place for a reason. And I believe is fair and well organized. There’s a great staff team here that makes it an amazing place, as well as mediators to facilitate trades. You won’t find a better trading nexus ^^ And trading here is quick, easy to find items or sell items.

Right, I read those and they made everything much more unclear for me. I agree the trading & mediators on here are great. 10/10 overall. But I'm super concerned now about the rules. For example:

Trade rules - Illegal Trades #2:
No trades via PM.
What does this even mean? Every trade I've done we've pm'd each other (hypothetically of course, for legal reasons). Like how do you trade without PMing? What is someone PMs you from a thread you made (which seems like always)?

And then pretty much every "spamming rule" could be applied to pretty much any comment lol.

Mostly just wondering if the first warning for something is a 15 minute suspension, what is the next suspension? A day? 30 days? Like one day I'll try to log in and be out for a month because I posted a meme? And then how many before it's permanent?

Moving forward I'm obviously going to be walking on egg shells, but still I'm wondering if holding gold on here is a risk.
Gold: 10,276.83
Oct 16 2021 11:43pm
Quote (godflo @ Oct 16 2021 11:39pm)
Right, I read those and they made everything much more unclear for me. I agree the trading & mediators on here are great. 10/10 overall. But I'm super concerned now about the rules. For example:

Trade rules - Illegal Trades #2:
No trades via PM.
What does this even mean? Every trade I've done we've pm'd each other (hypothetically of course, for legal reasons). Like how do you trade without PMing? What is someone PMs you from a thread you made (which seems like always)?

And then pretty much every "spamming rule" could be applied to pretty much any comment lol.

Mostly just wondering if the first warning for something is a 15 minute suspension, what is the next suspension? A day? 30 days? Like one day I'll try to log in and be out for a month because I posted a meme? And then how many before it's permanent?

Moving forward I'm obviously going to be walking on egg shells, but still I'm wondering if holding gold on here is a risk.

the rule about pm trades is trades with zero trade thread attached. makes locking scammer harder with less evidence.

you didnt even get a 10% warn the minor suspension was a behavior check thing... posting your trade thread in anyone elses is just plain bad manners overall
Trade Assistant
Gold: 1,644.69
Trader: Mediator
Oct 16 2021 11:43pm
Check out this link.

https://forums.d2jsp.org/topic.php?t=85939746

This will give you a breakdown on what it means by “PM trades” If you have any questions about it I am more then happy to help you and decipher it with you :)
Go Back To General Help Topic List
123Next
Add Reply New Topic