d2jsp Forums > Other Games > Consoles > Sony > Ff7 Remake Discussion
Prev1234Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 220.00
Apr 16 2020 08:17am
i love it
Gold: 4,152.50
Apr 19 2020 04:43pm
I never played the original and I am unsure about purchasing this. I wish it were on steam so that I could get a refund if I did not like it after two hours. Nevertheless, I am seriously considering purchasing the game.
Gold: 35.66
Apr 19 2020 04:49pm
Quote (Krister @ Apr 19 2020 06:43pm)
I never played the original and I am unsure about purchasing this. I wish it were on steam so that I could get a refund if I did not like it after two hours. Nevertheless, I am seriously considering purchasing the game.

It'll be on computers soon I believe. Initial release was PS4 only. But the game has to what I have played so far stayed pretty true to the original story. They have just added a bit more backstory in which is pretty good decision considering the original game's story was kind of all over the place.....

Only thing I have disliked about this game is that it kind of holds your hand getting from place to place and it is pretty linear ....like there are no puzzles or really any parts where you get stuck trying to figure out what to do next which the original had a ton of (I enjoy that stuff). But the battling is amazing and can be challenging and the story is awesome.
Gold: 85.00
Apr 23 2020 11:06am
Quote (4killer7 @ Apr 19 2020 03:49pm)
It'll be on computers soon I believe. Initial release was PS4 only. But the game has to what I have played so far stayed pretty true to the original story. They have just added a bit more backstory in which is pretty good decision considering the original game's story was kind of all over the place.....

Only thing I have disliked about this game is that it kind of holds your hand getting from place to place and it is pretty linear ....like there are no puzzles or really any parts where you get stuck trying to figure out what to do next which the original had a ton of (I enjoy that stuff). But the battling is amazing and can be challenging and the story is awesome.

i would imagine once open world happens in the next one it'll prolly feel like that again
Gold: 220.00
Apr 23 2020 04:33pm
i just got the plat
Gold: 17.10
Apr 26 2020 09:41am
Got it yesterday and loving it so far. Voice acting is really solid but the graphics blew me away, still getting adjusted to the real time battle system though
Gold: 50.00
Apr 27 2020 11:24pm
Ok guys. Have about 60 hours sunk into the game. Storyline complete. All Shinra combat battles complete except the last 2... just beat bahamut summon and have his materia now.
About to start second play through on hard mode to collect rest of the manuscripts and fully upgrade all weapons.

If anyone has any questions let me know. This was a beautifully built game and the fight mechanics once you get accustomed to become very fluid and second nature. Good luck to you all and enjoy Midgar.
Apr 29 2020 10:43am
Finally finished the game, here's my thoughts without giving spoilers best I can. There were things I loved and things I hated

Loved the overall fighting mechanics, felt like it was what FFXV intended to do but failed at, was very clean for the most part and had a lot of challenging boss fights, unlike FFXV where everything including endgame bosses were just ez as anything. Scaling was pretty solid.
This FF might have been the best voice acting out of any of them, a lot of detail and you can tell the acting was spot on with emotions whether it's intense, worried etc , really like what they did with the rest of the avalanche crew (jesse, biggs wedge) made you like them much more than the OG where they were just kinda there.
The cut scenes were amazing, again a lot of detail put into this
Soundtrack amazing for a remake keeping the OG but sprucing it up with orchestra

Hated: Very linear game, I didn't want open world by any means but like there were zero puzzles, it was all hold you hand you go here then here then here shoot they even showed you when you can climb ladders. A final fantasy game with zero puzzles is kinda blah, felt like I was just playing through a movie.
They changed the story way too much (wont go into spoilers so you can message me if you want to discuss) but they made a game that was already filled with plot holes in the original and somehow added more. I think they did too much and too little weirdly enough, like them jamming everything into just midgar means they have SO MUCH story left to go idk how they jam it in without either 1) Having like 5 freakin episodes or 2) cutting out A LOT of stuff from the original..... Cid? Vincent? Idk who I would even cut.

Overall good game, much better than 15, and all of the 13s

For what they intended to do they did an overall good job, I wouldn't have done some of the choices they made but meh not a deal breaker. Looking forward to waiting 5 years for the next installment
Gold: 4,921.71
Jun 4 2020 09:48pm
Question for all the people who have also played the original ...does the game give you a nice sense of fulfillment at the end or is it more tease since you know of all the good things that are to come but can’t yet experience

The thought of having to wait 3+ years to actually finish the game is personally quite annoying.

Quote (4killer7 @ Apr 10 2020 11:47am)
Only a few hours in but man is this game beautiful... nostalgia hitting real hard

Sorry for double thread I didn’t see this haha

This post was edited by Bazi on Jun 4 2020 09:48pm
Jun 5 2020 09:27am
Quote (Bazi @ Jun 4 2020 11:48pm)
Question for all the people who have also played the original ...does the game give you a nice sense of fulfillment at the end or is it more tease since you know of all the good things that are to come but can’t yet experience

The thought of having to wait 3+ years to actually finish the game is personally quite annoying.

Sorry for double thread I didn’t see this haha

Hahaha I was just messing B)

but I wrote my summary the post above that didn't have really any spoilers. Overall a solid game the fighting mechanics was incredibly smooth. Definitely will buy the next installment. Some changes in the story I don't really agree with but overall this has been the best FF since 12 (I really liked 12 personally)

With how slow square enix is with releasing games I honestly won't be surprised if it will be 5 years before it is all done.... probably longer tbh.
Go Back To Sony Topic List
Prev1234Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll