d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat >
Poll > How To Get To Heaven When You Die
Prev1267268269270271541Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
  Guests cannot view or vote in polls. Please register or login.
Gold: 10,687.34
Warn: 90%
Apr 1 2022 12:15am
Quote (Surfpunk @ 31 Mar 2022 22:48)
[URL]https://forums.d2jsp.org/topic.php?t=79750090&f=119[/URL]

https://forums.d2jsp.org/topic.php?t=81496210&f=27&p=547822563
Gold: Locked
Warn: 80%
Apr 2 2022 11:05pm
Quote (TiStuff @ 31 Mar 2022 18:25)
my belief is rooted in the scripture something of which you have posed no challenge to. I am sorry if religion has been poison to you. Its been poison to alot of people but thats still not an argument against scripture

Lol your head games don't work on me. I've posed many challenges, you refuse to accept their implications to your belief system and are rooted in denial. I'm not some fool come here to hate. I read posts and I think about them deeply. What's happening in this topic is you have exalted yourself just as CK has done in similar discussions. Your above quote is again proof you have completely ignored things I've put forth. The tactics of religion are well known and used for malicious purposes, for you it is a sword and shield and you have absolved yourself from any debate that challenges the foundation of your belief system. You are not the first to buckle under my questioning and it's become quite humourous to see what passes as logic for you people.
Gold: 0.69
Warn: 10%
Apr 2 2022 11:59pm
Quote (death_knight @ Apr 2 2022 10:05pm)
Lol your head games don't work on me. I've posed many challenges, you refuse to accept their implications to your belief system and are rooted in denial. I'm not some fool come here to hate. I read posts and I think about them deeply. What's happening in this topic is you have exalted yourself just as CK has done in similar discussions. Your above quote is again proof you have completely ignored things I've put forth. The tactics of religion are well known and used for malicious purposes, for you it is a sword and shield and you have absolved yourself from any debate that challenges the foundation of your belief system. You are not the first to buckle under my questioning and it's become quite humourous to see what passes as logic for you people.

when you can contend with scripture bring it.

"... exalted yourself..."
(actually no, I have repented. I would suggest you are the one exalting yourself)

"The tactics of religion are well known and used for malicious purposes..."
(i dont know why you think that challenges scripture? when all it really proves is mans corruption.)
Gold: 10,687.34
Warn: 90%
Apr 3 2022 12:07am
Quote (death_knight @ 2 Apr 2022 22:05)

Have you ever actually gone to church and given acceptance to what was being shared? If you have not and you have the time to do so, maybe try it out and see how it goes.
Gold: 3,902.50
Apr 3 2022 03:01am
Quote (Boniface @ 11 Jul 2019 05:45)
God deafeated Diablo

LOLD
Apr 3 2022 10:50pm
Quote (TiStuff @ 2 Apr 2022 23:59)
when you can contend with scripture bring it.

"... exalted yourself..."
(actually no, I have repented. I would suggest you are the one exalting yourself)

"The tactics of religion are well known and used for malicious purposes..."
(i dont know why you think that challenges scripture? when all it really proves is mans corruption.)

If man is corrupt and if man wrote your holy book then it's possible your holy book is corrupt (reasonable logic based on conjecture). There is nothing to separate your belief system from every other deity based system in the sense of religious superiority, submission, apparent phenomena and control. Your stance of "unless it's in the bible" has gotton old. I had a discussion with one fellow recently who made it clear that Christianity has a programmed response for every rational question against it. I don't think you even have it in you to admit that you don't know or the possibility of falsehood in your statements. Certainly there will be some reply of yours that will trump all my points with a quote from the bible. I believe intelligence has a lot to do with belief and the smarter one is, the less likely they will assume anything.

Apr 3 2022 11:04pm
Quote (death_knight @ Apr 3 2022 09:50pm)
If man is corrupt and if man wrote your holy book then it's possible your holy book is corrupt (reasonable logic based on conjecture). There is nothing to separate your belief system from every other deity based system in the sense of religious superiority, submission, apparent phenomena and control. Your stance of "unless it's in the bible" has gotton old. I had a discussion with one fellow recently who made it clear that Christianity has a programmed response for every rational question against it. I don't think you even have it in you to admit that you don't know or the possibility of falsehood in your statements. Certainly there will be some reply of yours that will trump all my points with a quote from the bible. I believe intelligence has a lot to do with belief and the smarter one is, the less likely they will assume anything.

i have found one huge difference between the christian belief and atheism/antitheism belief. in scripture it openly states we believe by faith(trust). the atheist/antitheist insists they are fact fact fact creature never knowing just how much of a faith based creature they are.

"Your stance of "unless it's in the bible" has gotton old"
(i never said that your strawmanning means your losing. what i did say is you have to contend with scripture, show me its bad or false. make an argument against scripture specifically. I am what you call a fundamental, sola scriptura aka a fundie)

all said and done even if untrue I will contend christianity is a better way. Have you ever read a gospel?
Apr 3 2022 11:48pm
Quote (TiStuff @ 3 Apr 2022 23:04)
i have found one huge difference between the christian belief and atheism/antitheism belief. in scripture it openly states we believe by faith(trust). the atheist/antitheist insists they are fact fact fact creature never knowing just how much of a faith based creature they are.

"Your stance of "unless it's in the bible" has gotton old"
(i never said that your strawmanning means your losing. what i did say is you have to contend with scripture, show me its bad or false. make an argument against scripture specifically. I am what you call a fundamental, sola scriptura aka a fundie)

all said and done even if untrue I will contend christianity is a better way. Have you ever read a gospel?

Faith in the practical sense is absence of logic. It can be defined as having no reason to do something other than being told to do it. Obedience and submission being synonymous to this point. The same mentality is applied to science all the time. Is the James web telescope really out there or is it all made up? The telescope I own is only able to resolve the JWT to appear like a star and nothing more. Should I take it in faith it's real just because a bunch of people said so? I can be reasonably sure that it's going to take up a halo orbit which is a predictaded and stable mathematical model (the JWT will orbit an empty point in space) but can I verify it? Certainly.not with my own eyes.

You don't often see faith used as a scientific term. Faith is the religious anolog to cause and effect in physics. I drop a spoon and what happens? It falls of course. The difference is what principals this faith is based on. So far you have shown that the only pricincles that govern your faith are a collection of texts that been modified and translasted over centuries. On top of that you want me to pick certain passages to apply my arguments to. This demand is unreasonable because it requires me invest significant time researching a single work for which you are already highly bias.
Apr 4 2022 12:07am
Quote (death_knight @ Apr 3 2022 10:48pm)
Faith in the practical sense is absence of logic. It can be defined as having no reason to do something other than being told to do it. Obedience and submission being synonymous to this point. The same mentality is applied to science all the time. Is the James web telescope really out there or is it all made up? The telescope I own is only able to resolve the JWT to appear like a star and nothing more. Should I take it in faith it's real just because a bunch of people said so? I can be reasonably sure that it's going to take up a halo orbit which is a predictaded and stable mathematical model (the JWT will orbit an empty point in space) but can I verify it? Certainly.not with my own eyes.

You don't often see faith used as a scientific term. Faith is the religious anolog to cause and effect in physics. I drop a spoon and what happens? It falls of course. The difference is what principals this faith is based on. So far you have shown that the only pricincles that govern your faith are a collection of texts that been modified and translasted over centuries. On top of that you want me to pick certain passages to apply my arguments to. This demand is unreasonable because it requires me invest significant time researching a single work for which you are already highly bias.

faith is just another word for trust no matter what kind of WOO WOO u try to throw at it

"This demand is unreasonable because it requires me invest significant time researching a single work..."
(ya thats what it takes. you have no idea what a pain in the azz it was to test everything under the sun and find scripture holds up. )
(and BTW you just admitted you have no argument against it.)

so it seems our conversation here is at an impasse as you refuse investigation.
in the mean time give a look once in a while to a thread i started and much more to come
Atheist/antitheist Chit Science
https://forums.d2jsp.org/topic.php?t=92846851&f=90&o=10
Apr 4 2022 11:17pm
Quote (TiStuff @ 4 Apr 2022 00:07)
faith is just another word for trust no matter what kind of WOO WOO u try to throw at it

"This demand is unreasonable because it requires me invest significant time researching a single work..."
(ya thats what it takes. you have no idea what a pain in the azz it was to test everything under the sun and find scripture holds up. )
(and BTW you just admitted you have no argument against it.)

so it seems our conversation here is at an impasse as you refuse investigation.
in the mean time give a look once in a while to a thread i started and much more to come
Atheist/antitheist Chit Science
[URL]https://forums.d2jsp.org/topic.php?t=92846851&f=90&o=10[/URL]

I thought the original debate was does God exist? Frankly the only source you present is the Bible and I'm not going to waste time finding faults from what is my interpretation against what is your interpretation of translations. The bible as I have studied does not present arguments rather it is a diction of events. Inherently it will be very difficult for me to reason with science against something that largely discards the scientific method.

I will humour you to show your logic is poor: What proof is there that the great flood was from God and not natural geologic processes? To win this argument you must prove it WAS God and it WAS NOT natural. It is very important that you disprove hundreds of years of geologic study before any argument without equal evidence (to be weighted) is to be considered.
Go Back To General Chat Topic List
Prev1267268269270271541Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll