d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Sports Coliseum > Basketball > 76ers And Simmons Talk.
Prev14567816Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 36,542.00
Jun 20 2017 08:36pm
Quote (Greet @ Jun 20 2017 09:27pm)
Didn't watch too much tape on him but I would say it'd be tough to say he can guard 4s until you watch him play. As I've said in previous threads, the difference between strength/speed from college players to NBA players is a large one. You think he has the size to match up against lets say an Al Horford or Serge Ibaka?

he's bigger than both of them..

can they use some power moves combined with their skill to finesse him? maybe, but he doesn't lack size or athleticism to guard them lol
Gold: 2,227.27
Jun 20 2017 08:36pm
Quote (Greet @ Jun 20 2017 10:27pm)
Didn't watch too much tape on him but I would say it'd be tough to say he can guard 4s until you watch him play. As I've said in previous threads, the difference between strength/speed from college players to NBA players is a large one. You think he has the size to match up against lets say an Al Horford or Serge Ibaka?

Well he didn't really try defensively overall in college. He didn't close out on shooters, didn't fight over screens, habit of swiping instead of moving the feet, and shying away from physical contacts. I don't know if he truly was in IDGAF mode because he knew he was going one and done and his team didn't have a chance or it's just his bad habits.

He's 6'10 and apparently he grew even more but I'm not sure about this. He doesn't have great standing reach or wingspan but he has the height. He's pretty quick and good on his feet. He hasn't filled out but he has the frame to fill out nicely over the next few years. I think he can be a good defender if he actually gives in the effort. I think he's definitely better suited against the 4 than the 3. He could probably switch without a problem against other positions at times but guarding a 3 that plays small and fast the whole game might be problematic for him.
Gold: 17.99
Jun 20 2017 08:40pm

I'm sure he'll stay in front of those guys, but they should be able to back him down.
Problem is neither of those guys will stay in front of him lol
Gold: 2,227.27
Jun 20 2017 08:41pm
Also it may seem like I'm so against Simmons but I'm just a pessimist guy overall I guess. Simmons definitely has talent and potential to become a great player.

I think it all depends on how he develops shooting wise and how much we can weed out his bad habits. There were definitely plays that may me go like wow in SL and in college. I really hope he develops a shot though. His shooting form was looking real nice in SL but he just couldn't hit them efficiently. But he has very good touch around the basket with both hands which might be a sign that he can still get better at shooting. I do wish he would be more aggressive attacking the basket more and hope that he would mold his post game more.

I'm excited for how he will look this upcoming season with Fultz. I really love Fultz though. One of the my favorite prospects in the last couple of years.
Gold: 0.00
Jun 20 2017 09:48pm
Quote (TarHeels @ Jun 20 2017 09:20pm)
Simmons is way to fragile and skinny to play the 4

?????

You've gotta be kidding me. Kid was is reportedly like 6'11" now and 250+ lbs rofl. Elite rebounder potential with top notch athleticism...

Simmons is massive for a 19/20 year old prospect. He is built for the NBA, since he was in college lol.
Gold: 0.00
Jun 20 2017 09:51pm
Quote (TarHeels @ Jun 20 2017 09:30pm)
And once again Simmons is a statue without the ball in his hand.

Cannot play without the ball.

Fultz is a creator which literally takes the ball out of Simmons hands

Simmons has LeBron type passing potential, I mean shit look at the small sample size we have of him in summer league...his court awareness and vision is stupid good

Simmons doesn't have w proven jump shot yet, although his shooting mechanics are good. He does however have elite court vision, passing, rebounding and finishing skills. Pretty much will be a nightmare matchup with his ability to handle the ball and make plays.

The jump shot wasn't proven in college, but don't act like it's not there. His mechanics are fine.

Simmons is bigger than both of those guys, or at least equal size...with more explosiveness and athleticism.

And I'm pretty sure there are reports saying Simmons has gained like 25+ lbs of mass since he was drafted. He looks bigger than LeBron.

So idk why you seem to think hes some scrawn. Simmons is built like a grown ass man, hes not some Brandon Ingram bitch. Plus he will still grow more hes only 20 lol.

This post was edited by Sixers on Jun 20 2017 10:00pm
Gold: 66.01
Jun 20 2017 10:04pm
ah yes the insane homerism begins.
Gold: 1,120.01
Jun 20 2017 10:06pm
Quote (Sixers @ Jun 20 2017 11:51pm)

Simmons is bigger than both of those guys, or at least equal size...with more explosiveness and athleticism.

And I'm pretty sure there are reports saying Simmons has gained like 25+ lbs of mass since he was drafted. He looks bigger than LeBron.

So idk why you seem to think hes some scrawn. Simmons is built like a grown ass man, hes not some Brandon Ingram bitch. Plus he will still grow more hes only 20 lol.

Not that I doubt you, I never said he was a scrawn. There is a difference between size and basketball strength. I'd love to see a picture that makes him look bigger than Lebron though, because quite frankly google must not do him justice.
Gold: 5,000.00
Jun 20 2017 10:15pm
Quote (Sixers @ Jun 20 2017 11:51pm)
Simmons has LeBron type passing potential, I mean shit look at the small sample size we have of him in summer league...his court awareness and vision is stupid good

Simmons doesn't have w proven jump shot yet, although his shooting mechanics are good. He does however have elite court vision, passing, rebounding and finishing skills. Pretty much will be a nightmare matchup with his ability to handle the ball and make plays.

The jump shot wasn't proven in college, but don't act like it's not there. His mechanics are fine.

Basically Jesus reincarnated
Gold: 3,000.00
Warn: 40%
Jun 20 2017 10:23pm
Quote (Noun @ Jun 21 2017 02:15pm)
Basically Jesus reincarnated

He does hail from master race continent
Go Back To Basketball Topic List
Prev14567816Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll