d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Sports Coliseum > Basketball > 2022 Offseason Thread
Prev1444546474857Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 3,780.00
Sep 17 2022 10:25am
I admire some good homering but saying Rob Williams will even have the playing time & usage to be on Middletons impact level is laughable. Even healthy. He is sadly turning into a buff Javale McGee on the Celtics, he needs to come over to Death Row Records over here in Golden State so we can give him a real role & a chip.

But Robert needs this off season to not be a traffic cone on the perimeter tho.
Gold: 76.00
Sep 17 2022 12:03pm
Quote (Dominicano @ Sep 17 2022 12:25pm)
I admire some good homering but saying Rob Williams will even have the playing time & usage to be on Middletons impact level is laughable. Even healthy. He is sadly turning into a buff Javale McGee on the Celtics, he needs to come over to Death Row Records over here in Golden State so we can give him a real role & a chip.

I've been having this discussion with Kim in discord chat for months now. The same exact convo, where he tries to tell me Rob has more of an impact than Middleton in recent years rofl. The same Middleton who was the clutch closer and #2 scorer for a championship team (and was the most clutch player in the playoffs that year by a large margin).

Now in the future is a different story. Middleton is 31 and Rob is 24. Williams could end up being the modern day Tyson Chandler.

This post was edited by Sixers on Sep 17 2022 12:07pm
Gold: 2,250.00
Sep 17 2022 01:26pm
Quote (Nwotmik @ Sep 17 2022 01:54am)
Yeah yeah yeah

You said all the same crap to me back in the early season when I was saying Tatum would be top 10, Celtics would get out of the east, JB & JT we’re the best wing duo in the league etc etc etc

You all just keep on saying I’m incorrect about everything but I never am.

And yes Rob will be a better player than Middleton next season (providing both stay injury free). Please bookmark this post and stfu, cuz I’m sick of hearing ya rofl

You mean when I said Tatum wasn't top 5 but top 10 was fair? Link me shitting on JB/JT as one of the best wing duos, doesn't sound like something I would say. Celtics getting out of the East I definitely would have disagreed with, and had Middleton been healthy they wouldn't have.

You were better off sticking with Rob>Middleton in terms of value to their team, now you're saying he's gonna be a straight up better player. I'll gladly hold onto that, that's a most improved player award and then some away from happening.

This post was edited by Trust100Percent on Sep 17 2022 01:26pm
Gold: 540.00
Warn: 10%
Sep 17 2022 03:14pm
Quote (Trust100Percent @ Sep 18 2022 05:26am)
You mean when I said Tatum wasn't top 5 but top 10 was fair? Link me shitting on JB/JT as one of the best wing duos, doesn't sound like something I would say. Celtics getting out of the East I definitely would have disagreed with, and had Middleton been healthy they wouldn't have.

You were better off sticking with Rob>Middleton in terms of value to their team, now you're saying he's gonna be a straight up better player. I'll gladly hold onto that, that's a most improved player award and then some away from happening.

He was more valuable to his team last season

He will be a better player than Middleton next season

He legit adds another dimension to our team. Watch our games. He is the best weak side help defender in the league, that is a fact. Opposition are forced to play against us so much different when Rob is playing because he’s just going to erase any soft attempt at the rim. We didn’t have that presence against the Bucks and it allowed them to attack the rim so much easier. Obviously Giannis is always gonna be a factor inside, but guys like Lopez and Portis were doing some work inside and on the offensive glass during certain periods of that series, as well as Jrue getting his inside as well. That doesn’t happen with Rob. Tell ‘em

Also Middleton is a great player, but he’s a shot creating sharp shooter who plays okay defense and doesn’t do all that much else. Yes they needed some more easy buckets because Jrues outside shooting was streaky and Grayson Allen shit the bed. But he still doesn’t move the needle as much as Rob does. Bedsides, Smart would have gone to Middleton anyway, which would have allowed White to play on Jrue. Two far better matchups for us.

And let’s not even forget we also now have Malcolm Brogdan which imo at his absolute best, and healthy, is very close to Middleton as it is. If you can’t see the off-season acquisitions weren’t a net win to the Celtics then idk what to tell you. But we are the betting favourites for the championship, so that should tell you something?

This post was edited by Nwotmik on Sep 17 2022 03:19pm
Sep 17 2022 03:26pm
Quote (Sixers @ Sep 18 2022 04:03am)
I've been having this discussion with Kim in discord chat for months now. The same exact convo, where he tries to tell me Rob has more of an impact than Middleton in recent years rofl. The same Middleton who was the clutch closer and #2 scorer for a championship team (and was the most clutch player in the playoffs that year by a large margin).

Now in the future is a different story. Middleton is 31 and Rob is 24. Williams could end up being the modern day Tyson Chandler.

In recent years?

Okay I never said that at all and you know it. Stop trying to win an internet argument by saying I said something that I didn’t.

Last season yes. Rob was more impactful than Middleton. I stand by that. Middleton slightly the better player overall, yes… but Rob was more important / impactful.

Quote (Dominicano @ Sep 18 2022 02:25am)

Rob is already more impactful than Middleton despite playing less game time. He’s always been a per36 god, putting up incredible numbers while he’s on the floor, but last season he turned into a defensive god too. There is not a better weak side help defender in the league. He makes the Celtics what they are, and had we been going into the playoffs without his bung knee then things may have been very different. You guys act like he’s just a nobody - it’s hilarious. He’s likely going to be a top 3 C next season (if healthy, but that’s obviously his biggest hurdle)

Also Rob has shown he is serious enough about basketball to improve his weaknesses, so that McGee comparison is silly. Rob was a terrible defender and a foul merchant when he entered the league, he worked on it and now he’s one of the best in the league. He was like a 60% free throw shooter too and then improved to 72% last season and was legitimately automatic in the playoffs. He has a nice midrange jumper, despite not showing it often, so I have zero doubt he builds a respectable outside shot. If Arron Baynes can do it, anyone can.

This post was edited by Nwotmik on Sep 17 2022 03:29pm
Gold: 2,690.00
Sep 17 2022 04:09pm
Quote (Sixers @ Sep 17 2022 11:03am)

Quote (Trust100Percent @ Sep 17 2022 12:26pm)

Quote (Nwotmik @ Sep 17 2022 02:14pm)

He legit adds another dimension to our team. Watch our games. He is the best weak side help defender in the league, that is a fact. Opposition are forced to play against us so much different when Rob is playing because he’s just going to erase any soft attempt at the rim. We didn’t have that presence against the Bucks and it allowed them to attack the rim so much easier. Obviously Giannis is always gonna be a factor inside, but guys like Lopez and Portis were doing some work inside and on the offensive glass during certain periods of that series, as well as Jrue getting his inside as well. That doesn’t happen with Rob. Tell ‘em ^zxfamily-guyxz

Also Middleton is a great player, but he’s a shot creating sharp shooter who plays okay defense and doesn’t do all that much else. Yes they needed some more easy buckets because Jrues outside shooting was streaky and Grayson Allen shit the bed. But he still doesn’t move the needle as much as Rob does. Bedsides, Smart would have gone to Middleton anyway, which would have allowed White to play on Jrue. Two far better matchups for us.

And let’s not even forget we also now have Malcolm Brogdan which imo at his absolute best, and healthy, is very close to Middleton as it is. If you can’t see the off-season acquisitions weren’t a net win to the Celtics then idk what to tell you. But we are the betting favourites for the championship, so that should tell you something?

Quote (Nwotmik @ Sep 17 2022 02:26pm)
In recent years?

Okay I never said that at all and you know it. Stop trying to win an internet argument by saying I said something that I didn’t.

Last season yes. Rob was more impactful than Middleton. I stand by that. Middleton slightly the better player overall, yes… but Rob was more important / impactful.

Rob is already more impactful than Middleton despite playing less game time. He’s always been a per36 god, putting up incredible numbers while he’s on the floor, but last season he turned into a defensive god too. There is not a better weak side help defender in the league. He makes the Celtics what they are, and had we been going into the playoffs without his bung knee then things may have been very different. You guys act like he’s just a nobody - it’s hilarious. He’s likely going to be a top 3 C next season (if healthy, but that’s obviously his biggest hurdle)

Also Rob has shown he is serious enough about basketball to improve his weaknesses, so that McGee comparison is silly. Rob was a terrible defender and a foul merchant when he entered the league, he worked on it and now he’s one of the best in the league. He was like a 60% free throw shooter too and then improved to 72% last season and was legitimately automatic in the playoffs. He has a nice midrange jumper, despite not showing it often, so I have zero doubt he builds a respectable outside shot. If Arron Baynes can do it, anyone can.

Didn't read.
Sep 17 2022 06:00pm
Quote (Nwotmik @ Sep 17 2022 05:14pm)

He legit adds another dimension to our team. Watch our games. He is the best weak side help defender in the league, that is a fact. Opposition are forced to play against us so much different when Rob is playing because he’s just going to erase any soft attempt at the rim. We didn’t have that presence against the Bucks and it allowed them to attack the rim so much easier. Obviously Giannis is always gonna be a factor inside, but guys like Lopez and Portis were doing some work inside and on the offensive glass during certain periods of that series, as well as Jrue getting his inside as well. That doesn’t happen with Rob. Tell ‘em ^zxfamily-guyxz

Rob has never been as valuable to his team as Middleton was the season when the Bucks won a Championship with him closing games throughout the playoffs. Period.

That's all we need to establish. You can homer your Celtics players to the max but this has to be said.
Sep 17 2022 06:04pm
Quote (Nwotmik @ Sep 17 2022 05:14pm)
And let’s not even forget we also now have Malcolm Brogdan which imo at his absolute best, and healthy, is very close to Middleton as it is.

Reaching so hard here lol

Brogdon is a fine player when he's healthy (rarely) but there's a reason he was so easily available for such a low price (after the Pacers had to keep lowering their asking price to find a taker). There's also a reason Indiana had no interest in re-signing him.

Middleton, for all his flaws, is a big game closer who was unbelievably clutch and closing game after game for a championship team. Brogdon is not a #2 on a championship team like Middleton has proven to be.

This post was edited by Sixers on Sep 17 2022 06:10pm
Sep 17 2022 07:15pm
Quote (Sixers @ Sep 18 2022 10:00am)
Rob has never been as valuable to his team as Middleton was the season when the Bucks won a Championship with him closing games throughout the playoffs. Period.

That's all we need to establish. You can homer your Celtics players to the max but this has to be said.

I never fucking said he was

I said last season (one just gone) he was
Sep 17 2022 07:16pm
Quote (Nwotmik @ Sep 17 2022 09:15pm)
I never fucking said he was

I said last season (one just gone) he was

Well Middleton didn't play in the playoffs this past season. So yeah, Rob wins by default lol.
Go Back To Basketball Topic List
Prev1444546474857Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll