d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Sports Coliseum > Basketball > 2022 Offseason Thread
Prev1454647484957Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 1,580.00
Warn: 10%
Sep 17 2022 07:16pm
Quote (Sixers @ Sep 18 2022 10:04am)
Reaching so hard here lol

Brogdon is a fine player when he's healthy (rarely) but there's a reason he was so easily available for such a low price (after the Pacers had to keep lowering their asking price to find a taker). There's also a reason Indiana had no interest in re-signing him.

Middleton, for all his flaws, is a big game closer who was unbelievably clutch and closing game after game for a championship team. Brogdon is not a #2 on a championship team like Middleton has proven to be.

Yes he was cheap because his health is the issue, not because he’s not a good player. Like I said, when healthy and at his best, he’s really not that far behind Middleton. Middleton is just more consistent, and generally stays healthy more often. Brogdon has more strings to his bow though 100%
Sep 17 2022 07:18pm
Quote (Sixers @ Sep 18 2022 11:16am)
Well Middleton didn't play in the playoffs this past season. So yeah, Rob wins by default lol.

I’m talking about the regular season.

Rob barely played in the playoffs either.
Sep 17 2022 07:21pm
Quote (Proint @ Sep 18 2022 08:09am)
Didn't read.

Did someone ask you to?
Gold: 0.00
Sep 17 2022 09:32pm
Quote (Nwotmik @ Sep 17 2022 09:16pm)
Yes he was cheap because his health is the issue, not because he’s not a good player. Like I said, when healthy and at his best, he’s really not that far behind Middleton. Middleton is just more consistent, and generally stays healthy more often. Brogdon has more strings to his bow though 100%

Brogdon isn't and has never been a top 3 let alone top 2 player on a Championship team like Middleton. Brogdon was heavily questioned by Pacers fans throughout his time there for being boring, lacking leadership or showing any sort of passion for the game (not to mention his inconcistency and injuries). His defense is also nowhere near what it once was and he has some of the slowest lateral speed among all guards in the league (which is why he doesn’t defend guards well). He's also coming off a season where he shot horribly from deep (including catch and shoot threes). Like I said, Pacers didn't want to pay him and the fans were pretty supportive of that.

Remember Milwaukee let him walk too, and people questioned it? Then Milwaukee immediately got better after his departure.

With that said....he's a terrific off-season addition to add to the Celtics depth, for what he is. Coming off the bench he's a great player to have available. Low risk, high reward who brings value and the Celtics didnt give up much for him. He's a very good role player if he accepts his role, and can fill in at times and have big moments. But there's a reason he's 0-for-2 on his previous teams in terms of them wanting to retain him lol. Please don't make him out to be more than he is (he's not on Middletons level that's for sure).

This post was edited by Sixers on Sep 17 2022 09:40pm
Gold: 3,790.00
Sep 17 2022 09:43pm
Ya'll got a discord for the fight?
Sep 17 2022 09:47pm
Quote (Nwotmik @ Sep 17 2022 09:18pm)
I’m talking about the regular season.

Rob barely played in the playoffs either.

"Playoffs are the only thing that matter"

Your words.

Middleton is a proven playoff big game performer and champion.

Rob is potential and some regular season production.

In the future Rob could be more valuable, absolutely. But up to this point? Hell no.

This post was edited by Sixers on Sep 17 2022 09:48pm
Sep 17 2022 09:59pm
Quote (Sixers @ Sep 18 2022 01:47pm)
"Playoffs are the only thing that matter"

Your words.

Middleton is a proven playoff big game performer and champion.

Rob is potential and some regular season production.

In the future Rob could be more valuable, absolutely. But up to this point? Hell no.

Well how can we compare them in last seasons playoffs when hardly either of them were there?

And if we want to compare the playoffs the year before, rob played 3 games and had 10 blocks against the stacked Nets in one of those games.

YES I’m aware that Middleton has been a more valuable player over their careers to this point. That is not what I’m arguing. I’m saying Rob was more valuable in 21-22. I’m also saying he will be a better player than Middleton in 22-23.

This post was edited by Nwotmik on Sep 17 2022 10:01pm
Sep 17 2022 10:04pm
Quote (Sixers @ Sep 18 2022 01:32pm)
Brogdon isn't and has never been a top 3 let alone top 2 player on a Championship team like Middleton. Brogdon was heavily questioned by Pacers fans throughout his time there for being boring, lacking leadership or showing any sort of passion for the game (not to mention his inconcistency and injuries). His defense is also nowhere near what it once was and he has some of the slowest lateral speed among all guards in the league (which is why he doesn’t defend guards well). He's also coming off a season where he shot horribly from deep (including catch and shoot threes). Like I said, Pacers didn't want to pay him and the fans were pretty supportive of that.

Remember Milwaukee let him walk too, and people questioned it? Then Milwaukee immediately got better after his departure.

With that said....he's a terrific off-season addition to add to the Celtics depth, for what he is. Coming off the bench he's a great player to have available. Low risk, high reward who brings value and the Celtics didnt give up much for him. He's a very good role player if he accepts his role, and can fill in at times and have big moments. But there's a reason he's 0-for-2 on his previous teams in terms of them wanting to retain him lol. Please don't make him out to be more than he is (he's not on Middletons level that's for sure).

I said CLOSE to Middletons level (at his best and injury free), which he is.

I wasn’t talking about last season with the Pacers, I didn’t ask what Pacers fans said, etc etc. read exactly what I say, and respond accordingly. Nn these Josh level paragraph responses that are irrelevant to my point. Thanks champ 👍
Sep 17 2022 10:32pm
Quote (Nwotmik @ Sep 18 2022 12:04am)
I said CLOSE to Middletons level (at his best and injury free), which he is.

I wasn’t talking about last season with the Pacers, I didn’t ask what Pacers fans said, etc etc. read exactly what I say, and respond accordingly. Nn these Josh level paragraph responses that are irrelevant to my point. Thanks champ 👍

He's nowhere close to Middleton and the fact that you think he is just shows how far you're taking your homering with Celtics players. He's a fine bench piece but good lord you gotta relax with thinking all of your guys are superstars.

Also, Celtics owner literally called the team overrated in an interview the other day. Even he isn't as delusional as you are rofl.

His quote:

"I loved being right there with them. It was thrilling. The other side of the coin is I think that we've now been overrated," Grousbeck said, via Boston.com. "I think that performance was a bit overrated in the public mind, or my own mind, because I'm the one saying it."
Sep 17 2022 11:41pm
Quote (Sixers @ Sep 18 2022 02:32pm)
He's nowhere close to Middleton and the fact that you think he is just shows how far you're taking your homering with Celtics players. He's a fine bench piece but good lord you gotta relax with thinking all of your guys are superstars.

Also, Celtics owner literally called the team overrated in an interview the other day. Even he isn't as delusional as you are rofl.

His quote:

"I loved being right there with them. It was thrilling. The other side of the coin is I think that we've now been overrated," Grousbeck said, via Boston.com. "I think that performance was a bit overrated in the public mind, or my own mind, because I'm the one saying it."

His BEST is close to Middleton. Read clearly please!

Idgaf what the owner says to the media. He’s obviously just trying to keep a lid on it anyway.

This post was edited by Nwotmik on Sep 17 2022 11:42pm
Go Back To Basketball Topic List
Prev1454647484957Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll