d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Entertainment Room > Anime > Anime, Most Needed For A Sequel? > What Do You Miss The Most?
Prev1131415161719Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 4.00
Warn: 70%
Feb 3 2018 10:03pm
Bleach
Gold: 250.00
Warn: 10%
Feb 3 2018 10:57pm
Quote (LL0RT @ Feb 3 2018 07:36pm)
they have more than enough content for 1 season

unless they do some crazy shit like a 24-30 episode season which i would love btw

Someone else gets it.

There have been plenty of good fights. It doesn't need to end on a Boros lvl fight for it to be a good season, and it's going to be more profitable to have 2 seasons vs 1 season... I don't see how you could think otherwise? 2 seasons = double the viewers, = double the sales, = double the profits lol. Ofc you have to have two whole sets of production expenses, but this show has a rabid fanbase that's going to keep watching it. It's one of the most popular anime ever from just a single season, and another season (even with an anti-climactic ending, or you know.... a cliff hanger, that thing that hooks people for next season making even more money?) is only going to increase it's popularity and it's revenue.

They could go full retard and try to cram all the content from now and for the next year into 12 episodes, but this would be a total waste and a huge loss on their end. I'm hoping they're being smart and just taking their time to ensure everything's perfect with the transition that took place, but delays that last this long are always sketch, and not having a release date or anything after over 2 years since the last episode is a long fucking time for us to wait without getting a possible air date.
Banned
Gold: 3.69
Feb 3 2018 11:04pm
Quote (MSX98 @ Feb 3 2018 10:32pm)
surprise motherfucker
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MxGrqsyVbMU

I think the first 20 eps. were good. Then it got really bad, but either way it's fist of the north star lite.
Gold: 29.00
Feb 4 2018 12:56am
Quote (jadeoshbogosh @ Feb 3 2018 10:57pm)
Someone else gets it.

There have been plenty of good fights. It doesn't need to end on a Boros lvl fight for it to be a good season, and it's going to be more profitable to have 2 seasons vs 1 season... I don't see how you could think otherwise? 2 seasons = double the viewers, = double the sales, = double the profits lol. Ofc you have to have two whole sets of production expenses, but this show has a rabid fanbase that's going to keep watching it. It's one of the most popular anime ever from just a single season, and another season (even with an anti-climactic ending, or you know.... a cliff hanger, that thing that hooks people for next season making even more money?) is only going to increase it's popularity and it's revenue.

They could go full retard and try to cram all the content from now and for the next year into 12 episodes, but this would be a total waste and a huge loss on their end. I'm hoping they're being smart and just taking their time to ensure everything's perfect with the transition that took place, but delays that last this long are always sketch, and not having a release date or anything after over 2 years since the last episode is a long fucking time for us to wait without getting a possible air date.

"2seasons = double the viewers = double the sales = double the profits" lol what? is this for real.

2years is nothing, it took that long for SAO S2 and much longer for Attack on Titan S2. (and those series were even more popular than OPM i would say)
it's pretty common and normal these days.
nothing wrong with that, it's not like waiting ever killed anyone. (unless you're terminally ill, lol)

guess we'll just have to wait an see.
but i'm pretty sure that's how things will end up.

Feb 4 2018 01:15am
Quote (Dragonox @ Feb 3 2018 10:56pm)
"2seasons = double the viewers = double the sales = double the profits" lol what? is this for real.

2years is nothing, it took that long for SAO S2 and much longer for Attack on Titan S2. (and those series were even more popular than OPM i would say)
it's pretty common and normal these days.
nothing wrong with that, it's not like waiting ever killed anyone. (unless you're terminally ill, lol)

guess we'll just have to wait an see.
but i'm pretty sure that's how things will end up.

Yes... that's how it works when you make something, unless your product ends up costing more than it makes, which would be next to impossible with something as popular as OPM. You're not going to make less money from having another season, that's not even remotely feasible when talking about a show like this.

There actually wasn't enough content for AOT, and there were tons of other issues that delayed the anime. It almost didn't even happen lol. The whole situation was a shit storm, and using that as a comparison makes no sense seeing as it wasn't at all what anyone wanted, it's just the way shit ended up with how poorly everything turned out. I'm not familiar with SAO's production process/delays and why it ended up being the way it was, I never cared about it, and hence I never followed it. The first season was pretty enjoyable for a once over watch through, but rewatching you see how much of it is just filler bullshit and how little substance there is to any of it. The characters are all painfully one dimensional, and when all sense of danger and consequence went away with the second season, it went to shit on even a first watch, not to mention the fucking weird incest shit they try to push for w/e reason. It's understandable that a show that stale and bad would have some issues, but once again, I'm not sure exactly what caused the delay there, but I assume there was a good reason. Now that they've got their shit together though, and they've figured out that it doesn't matter at all how bad the show is, if it's repetitive, boring, pointless, and if all the new characters are even more bland than the already painfully bland characters we got to begin with. It's going to sell, and now they're just shoving this shit down our throats, and they could not give two shits how bad it is.

OPM is actually good though.... Soooo, you could make some epic shit with it. Once again, there's more than enough content for a season right now, and it'd be easy enough to do one season and then leave it on a cliffhanger with the "Garou may be an actual threat premise" leading in to next season. Keeps people enticed, guarantees even more sales, and it keeps people from loosing interest (which will happen to some, regardless of what you think) because 3+ years is a long fucking time to wait in a world where shows usually come around yearly.

This post was edited by jadeoshbogosh on Feb 4 2018 01:16am
Gold: 12,051.04
Feb 4 2018 01:50am
Of mice and men II, lennies revenge
Feb 4 2018 02:56am
Quote (JMR @ Feb 3 2018 11:50pm)
Of mice and men II, lennies revenge

:rofl:
Gold: 4.00