d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Entertainment Room > Anime > Anime, Most Needed For A Sequel? > What Do You Miss The Most?
Prev1121314151619Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Retired Moderator
Gold: 15,740.56
Trader: Trusted
Feb 3 2018 02:56pm
devil is a part timer and hunter x hunter
Gold: 250.00
Warn: 10%
Feb 3 2018 04:05pm
Anyone heard anything on OPM S2? They need to stop doing this shit to me.
Gold: 29.00
Feb 3 2018 05:23pm
Quote (jadeoshbogosh @ Feb 3 2018 04:05pm)
Anyone heard anything on OPM S2? They need to stop doing this shit to me.

it was already announced you just got to wait for the manga to progress and shit to get made. (Manga still likely needs to get past Garou arc since it will likely focus on that for S2 as that's the next big story piece)
takes like something like at least 8months+ before a standard 1 cour series to be made before it starts airing too. (remember seeing a breakdown awhile back that showed that for Shirobako i think it was)

though not even sure if it's worth watching atm.
Since it's jumping to a new studio (J.C Staff) & new Director which rarely goes that well, especially considering that the studio that did Season 1 was Madhouse (would be hard to live up to the quality they put into S1)

This post was edited by Dragonox on Feb 3 2018 05:28pm
Feb 3 2018 05:46pm
Quote (Dragonox @ Feb 3 2018 03:23pm)
it was already announced you just got to wait for the manga to progress and shit to get made. (Manga still likely needs to get past Garou arc since it will likely focus on that for S2 as that's the next big story piece)
takes like something like at least 8months+ before a standard 1 cour series to be made before it starts airing too. (remember seeing a breakdown awhile back that showed that for Shirobako i think it was)

Since it's jumping to a new studio (J.C Staff) & new Director which rarely goes that well, especially considering that the studio that did Season 1 was Madhouse (would be hard to live up to the quality they put into S1)

I know it's confirmed, but originally they said it would air in about a year after the completion of season 1, and it's been 2 1/3 years now already, and there's still not even a release date. We probably won't see anything for at least another 1-1.5 years minimum. There's been plenty of content for 10 episodes for some time now. They don't have to push through the entire Garou arc in a single season, in fact, it'd be a massive waste of material and they'd have to leave out a ton of shit if they did this shit. Garou's arc is early big enough for 2 seasons, just release one now, let the manga finish up, and then have the third season close out that arc.

I had heard about the studio/director change, and while it is troublesome, this is more common with anime than TV shows/movies, and it has worked in the past. while Madhouse is pretty fucking amazing, the newly in charge studio has done stuff that lots of people seem to like. Unfortunately, I'm not one of those people, but all they have to do is keep it the fucking same and it'll work. It was flawless in season 1, just copy and paste and go with it. They still kept almost the entire staff, they only changed director + sound director, but everyone else, including the full cast is staying on board. I've got high hopes for it, but I am of course worried, especially after what will probably be a fucking 3 1/2-4 year long break.
Feb 3 2018 06:24pm
It's only been 1yr 4 months since they announced OPM S2 (not even past 2yrs yet)
then exactly 1year after (4months ago) that they announced the studio and staff involved in the production of S2.
so maybe we'll see S2 during Fall season because that would put in right in the path of the Yearly news update. lol

S1 was 12 eps long.
you say there's been enough content and yeah there is enough to work with too get started but for a whole S2...not really i feel.
S1 was like 42 chapters i think worth of the plot.
but after that the manga had a lot of side stuff and easily summed up content, among stuff that could easily be cut in the anime too.
not to mention that the whole Monster association arc / Garou are connected and not even finished yet so that's why it's easy to say there's not enough to end S2 on (it needs an end and there isn't one in sight yet because it's still ongoing)
S1 ended on Boros because that was the best choice, it was the first kinda real fight Saitama had.
however nothing like that has appeared yet plot wise so it makes sense that Season 2 will likely end on Garou (or maybe the Monster Association Boss but i feel there's a joke behind that)

This post was edited by Dragonox on Feb 3 2018 06:42pm
Feb 3 2018 07:48pm
Quote (Dragonox @ Feb 3 2018 04:24pm)
It's only been 1yr 4 months since they announced OPM S2 (not even past 2yrs yet)
then exactly 1year after (4months ago) that they announced the studio and staff involved in the production of S2.
so maybe we'll see S2 during Fall season because that would put in right in the path of the Yearly news update. lol

S1 was 12 eps long.
you say there's been enough content and yeah there is enough to work with too get started but for a whole S2...not really i feel.
S1 was like 42 chapters i think worth of the plot.
but after that the manga had a lot of side stuff and easily summed up content, among stuff that could easily be cut in the anime too.
not to mention that the whole Monster association arc / Garou are connected and not even finished yet so that's why it's easy to say there's not enough to end S2 on (it needs an end and there isn't one in sight yet because it's still ongoing)
S1 ended on Boros because that was the best choice, it was the first kinda real fight Saitama had.
however nothing like that has appeared yet plot wise so it makes sense that Season 2 will likely end on Garou (or maybe the Monster Association Boss but i feel there's a joke behind that)

Unless they increase to 24 episodes or something, it's going to be way too much content to try and squeeze into 12 episodes.... We'll see I guess. You said there were 42 chapters for season 1, but we're at 109 chapters and you don't think there's enough content for a second season? That seems kinda silly lol. The season doesn't have to end with an epic fight. All of his fights end the same, I could care less if the last episode of season 2 was a filler episode, but there's plenty of content to fill 12 episodes, then go another 2 years and finish it up because the manga will definitely be done with the Garou arc at that point. Just take 2 seasons to do an arc... that's done all the fucking time with shows. It doesn't need to be Arc=season.

It wasn't "officially confirmed" that a season 2 was coming, but everyone knew it was. OPM season 1 finished "airing" that was the key word you missed somehow, over 2 years ago, and we'll probably be waiting another 1-1.5 years for the next season, meaning a gap of 3+ years between seasons, which is way too long when there's plenty of content and a fanbase that's eagerly waiting. They'll be well over 100 chapters (2.5x what there was for the previous season) of content by the time this shit finally comes out, and if they try to pack all that into 12 episodes, it's going to end up cutting out a ton of content. Pretty much everything in OPM is gold. I don't care if it's filler, or w/e, I want to see them animate everything, and I'd rather we have an entire season with not much happening, as long as it's true to the manga vs them waiting for this arc to finish and condensing 100 chapters of content down into like 40 chapters worth of actual footage.

This post was edited by jadeoshbogosh on Feb 3 2018 07:50pm
Banned
Gold: 3.69
Feb 3 2018 08:15pm
All I see is a dumbed down fist of the north star when I watch jojo's bazaar adventures.
Gold: 107.77
Feb 3 2018 08:32pm
surprise motherfucker
Feb 3 2018 09:31pm
Quote (jadeoshbogosh @ Feb 3 2018 07:48pm)
Unless they increase to 24 episodes or something, it's going to be way too much content to try and squeeze into 12 episodes.... We'll see I guess. You said there were 42 chapters for season 1, but we're at 109 chapters and you don't think there's enough content for a second season? That seems kinda silly lol. The season doesn't have to end with an epic fight. All of his fights end the same, I could care less if the last episode of season 2 was a filler episode, but there's plenty of content to fill 12 episodes, then go another 2 years and finish it up because the manga will definitely be done with the Garou arc at that point. Just take 2 seasons to do an arc... that's done all the fucking time with shows. It doesn't need to be Arc=season.

It wasn't "officially confirmed" that a season 2 was coming, but everyone knew it was. OPM season 1 finished "airing" that was the key word you missed somehow, over 2 years ago, and we'll probably be waiting another 1-1.5 years for the next season, meaning a gap of 3+ years between seasons, which is way too long when there's plenty of content and a fanbase that's eagerly waiting. They'll be well over 100 chapters (2.5x what there was for the previous season) of content by the time this shit finally comes out, and if they try to pack all that into 12 episodes, it's going to end up cutting out a ton of content. Pretty much everything in OPM is gold. I don't care if it's filler, or w/e, I want to see them animate everything, and I'd rather we have an entire season with not much happening, as long as it's true to the manga vs them waiting for this arc to finish and condensing 100 chapters of content down into like 40 chapters worth of actual footage.

it'll never be a 2 cour series that's for damn sure, not only would that require i higher budget but there's definitely not enough content for that much. (they might push it to 13eps tho)
i say what i say to because it would be the most profitable for the series as well.
especially after being taken over by a new studio. (which already hurts it)

it's the best direction the series could go with for S2.
67 chapters might seem like a lot but when most of it could be summed up in a few mins etc.. it's easy to say that there could be more to work with. (not a whole lot happens in that span, there's the tournament and then the Monster association attacks)

it's true they could just end the series at a random point but it's not very logical to do.
almost all series choose a point that best fits the plot.

tbh there's only 1 other place i can see them ending S2 on and that would be the first real battle against Garou when Elder Centipede showed up and got owned.
that was a pretty climatic fight with a flashy ending and would be the only other logical stopping point i can see after skimming through it all again. (that chapter didn't come out long ago but it's the best fight to happen since Boros)

This post was edited by Dragonox on Feb 3 2018 09:39pm
Gold: 29,321.34
Feb 3 2018 09:36pm
Quote (Dragonox @ Feb 3 2018 04:23pm)

they have more than enough content for 1 season

unless they do some crazy shit like a 24-30 episode season which i would love btw
Go Back To Anime Topic List
Prev1121314151619Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll